Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Robert Kazinsky Not Mentioned in Hobbit EE?

anthonyroy
Bree

Nov 12 2013, 11:25pm

Post #1 of 13 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Robert Kazinsky Not Mentioned in Hobbit EE? Can't Post

Not sure if this has been mentioned or if anyone cares, but I've watched a large portion of The Hobbit EE appendices and have noticed that every now and again you see Rob Kazinsky's version of Fili in the background of shots, however he is not mentioned at all or spoken too, not even when they mention they have a new actor playing Fili is his name said. Seen as though pretty much everything is covered in detail, seems odd. Is there animosity between Kazinsky and the film-makers? I remember when they said he left, he said it was health reasons in a statement, but was working on other projects soon after. He was in production on the film for a while and spent months with all the other dwarves in preparations, seems odd that he is ignored. Can anyone shed any light? Can't find anything really online.

(This post was edited by anthonyroy on Nov 12 2013, 11:27pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 12 2013, 11:36pm

Post #2 of 13 (679 views)
Shortcut
Noone can, here. [In reply to] Can't Post

We know the official reason (family reasons) and should probably not speculate more than that.

ďAll good stories deserve embellishment."

Praise is subjective. And so is criticism.

gliido
Bree

Nov 12 2013, 11:42pm

Post #3 of 13 (678 views)
Shortcut
He is mentioned one time. [In reply to] Can't Post

He is mentioned one time on the "Part 8" disc, during the featurette all about the casting of the dwarves.

OrphanOfNumenor
Bree

Nov 13 2013, 12:17am

Post #4 of 13 (614 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

that out of respect they decided not to mention it. Anything they said would probably make poor Rob feel bad about not being available to continue filming. He made the right choice, and I don't think there is any animosity whatsoever between him and the producers.
Sorry we didn't get to see what you had in mind for Fili Rob, wherever you are! Hope everything worked out for ya.
And good job so far Dean, your Fili is great. Hoping for more screen time for ya in the next two films!

"The Men of the Sea send before them a great cloud, as a rain turned to serpents, or a black hail tipped with steel."

sycorax82
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 1:26am

Post #5 of 13 (582 views)
Shortcut
Rob did get suspended from Eastenders for 2 months [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though that was years ago it just goes to show that he is capable of doing stupid things and getting almost fired from a job (Eastenders is one of the big British soaps/serial dramas, if you don't know).

We all know that Peter only likes to work with decent people.

Endor Dweller
Bree

Nov 13 2013, 7:39am

Post #6 of 13 (456 views)
Shortcut
PJ mentioned him [In reply to] Can't Post

right before Dean O'Gorman audition (Appendices Part 8).

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2013, 3:59pm

Post #7 of 13 (285 views)
Shortcut
He was in Pacific Rim, so whatever happened did not stop him from [In reply to] Can't Post

filming that movie.

PredatoR
Bree

Nov 13 2013, 6:14pm

Post #8 of 13 (240 views)
Shortcut
Disappointment [In reply to] Can't Post

I was too sad when Robert left the project. However, I think he looks too way disappointment to me. I thought from him there would be a beautiful dwarf but no. Dean looks much more better than Robert. Luckily we have Dean.

droidsocket
Rivendell

Nov 13 2013, 7:34pm

Post #9 of 13 (211 views)
Shortcut
No disrespect to Robert... [In reply to] Can't Post

But his Fili looked horrible compared to Dean's.

Even tho he does not have a big beard or heavy prosthetics I think Dean looks very dwarfish.

gliido
Bree

Nov 13 2013, 7:40pm

Post #10 of 13 (208 views)
Shortcut
No kidding! [In reply to] Can't Post

In one of the makeup tests of Thorin, Fili, and Kili, we see Rob Kazinsky as Fili and boy does he look WEIRD! I know it was only a makeup test--so the prosthetics, hair, and beard could have gone through some changes--but I think Dean makes a much more convincing dwarf.

Bernhardina
Rohan

Nov 13 2013, 7:41pm

Post #11 of 13 (201 views)
Shortcut
Totally agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Rob may have been a great Fili! But I really like how Dean and Aidan complement each other and he's doing a great job so far!

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

ghost_matt
Rivendell

Nov 14 2013, 1:17am

Post #12 of 13 (126 views)
Shortcut
Rob can actually be glimpsed in the EE [In reply to] Can't Post

In the scene where Bofur is doing his dance on the table in Rivendell, look way in the background...That's not Dean O'Gorman as Fili! It almost looks like Thorin but the beginning of the scene shows Thorin leaving the room because Elrond was starting to ask questions. He's sitting in the far back corner.

BlackCountry
Rivendell

Nov 16 2013, 6:37am

Post #13 of 13 (61 views)
Shortcut
Sir PJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

...actually did briefly mention him on the last disc about how he had to depart the project. And yet we did see Kazinsky in a couple shots though too. Still the chemistry between Dean and Aiden is awesome! :)

I do not want what it is not mine.... I only want what comes from within....

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.