Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bridge Directs wave 3 ?

Melkor94
The Shire

Nov 12 2013, 8:58pm

Post #1 of 11 (629 views)
Shortcut
Bridge Directs wave 3 ? Can't Post

When do you think the next wave of action figures will be coming out for the Hobbit. I hope soon, due to the fact that they only released three 6 inch figures.
If they don't release wave 3 soon they will probably go out of business.
Also which characters are you hoping for.
I am hoping for Bolg, and Beorn in 6 inch

demnation
Rohan

Nov 12 2013, 9:17pm

Post #2 of 11 (288 views)
Shortcut
It's all up in the air at this point [In reply to] Can't Post

They said more figures would arrive depending on demand. My advice.... don't get your hopes up. I personally think the odds of getting any more figures are pretty low.

The world is full enough of hurt and mischance without wars to multiply them.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Nov 12 2013, 9:36pm

Post #3 of 11 (247 views)
Shortcut
I really want more [In reply to] Can't Post

This line has such potential, what with the epic 3.75 and 6 inch lines, they can make so many figures, especially from LOTR as well. But they seem to not even care about this line, only selling it limited at TRU. I've got all figures released, mainly through Amazon, and I really love collecting figures. Loved ToyBiz's LOTR line, very well done. They released TONS of figures in their early years of LOTR, opposed to TBD's 15 figures in 2 waves...

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Melkor94
The Shire

Nov 12 2013, 9:43pm

Post #4 of 11 (239 views)
Shortcut
Exactly ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its almost like Bridge Direct wants to go out of business!
Personally I collect the 6 inch figures due to them blending in with my Lord of the Rings collection. Yet there is barely any 6 inch figures out, and it frustrates me. I was hoping for Bolg, All the dwarves, Beorn, More ocr warriors, and Thranduil to be released in 6 inch.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Nov 12 2013, 9:58pm

Post #5 of 11 (218 views)
Shortcut
I know a good 6 months ago or more... [In reply to] Can't Post

when we were still speculating on whether Beorn would be spoiled before the movie came out, I definitely saw mention of a press release that said the Beorn figure would be released in October/November...but don't get your hopes up! Smile

ETA: Found it!

It was mentioned on TORn's front page under Wave Two: http://www.theonering.net/...desolation-of-smaug/

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Nov 12 2013, 10:03pm)

Taurendil
The Shire

Nov 12 2013, 9:58pm

Post #6 of 11 (224 views)
Shortcut
This stinks! [In reply to] Can't Post

So there's been no official announcement of wave three, it sounds like. I was actually thinking of holding off until the third movie, hoping they'd release a pack of the whole company of dwarves, but it doesn't sound promising! Also, I wish they'd have Thranduil by himself! Collecting these things isn't easy!

Davadino

Nov 12 2013, 10:23pm

Post #7 of 11 (188 views)
Shortcut
There is indeed a pack of the whole company [In reply to] Can't Post

It was revealed during some toy fair quite a while back, it came with all the dwarves and Bilbo I believe. It was the 3 3/4 scale mind you so that may not have been what you were after. There's also still the chance it won't be released but we shall see I suppose.

In Reply To

Taurendil
The Shire

Nov 12 2013, 10:51pm

Post #8 of 11 (161 views)
Shortcut
Oh, really? [In reply to] Can't Post

That is very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the 3 3/4 scale. Wouldn't match up very well with my LotR figures. Good info to know, though. Thanks!

stormcrow20
Gondor

Nov 13 2013, 4:53am

Post #9 of 11 (111 views)
Shortcut
No news from The Bridge Direct [In reply to] Can't Post

The most recent official word from The Bridge Direct is from their press release for Wave 2 on October 15th:

Additional characters will continue to be introduced to this very focused, highly-collectible line as the series progresses and demand warrants.

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Nov 13 2013, 4:57am)

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Nov 13 2013, 10:28am

Post #10 of 11 (78 views)
Shortcut
What about starting with a WAVE 2? [In reply to] Can't Post

WAVE ONE
3,75":
5 single figures + 10 figures (only in multi packs)

6":
5 single figures (only different size but no exclusive figures) + 1 exclusive UK figure (Yazneg) + 1 exclusive SDCC figure (Invisible Bilbo)

Total: 16 different and new figures: Bilbo (3x), Invisible Bilbo, Gandalf (2x), Thorin (3x), Balin (2x), Dwalin (2x), Kili (2x), Fili (2x), Legolas (3x), Tauriel (2x), Bolg, Fimbul, Warg, Grinnah, Goblin King, Gollum, Yazneg

-------

"WAVE" TWO
3,75":
0 single figures + 5 figures in multipacks (only one new)

6":
3 single figures (only two new) + 1 exclusive SDCC figure (Azog)

Total: 9 different figures, but only 3 new in different sizes: Azog (2x), Radagast, Thranduil

So before we talk about a third wave… what about a complete second one? Laugh

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

stormcrow20
Gondor

Nov 15 2013, 2:54am

Post #11 of 11 (20 views)
Shortcut
Statement from The Bridge Direct [In reply to] Can't Post

For anyone who may still be checking this thread, I've posted a statement from The Bridge Direct over on the Gaming and Collecting board. Click here.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.