Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Unknown voice in the Sneak Peak

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 6:05pm

Post #1 of 11 (970 views)
Shortcut
Unknown voice in the Sneak Peak Can't Post

At 1:13 in the new trailer there's a - for me - strange unknown voice saying: "Our time has come again."

At first I thought it might be the orc interrogated by the elves but it seems to have a certain echo which the orc does not.

Could this perhaps be one of the Nazgul? It can't be the Necromancer as it does not sound like Cumberbatch at all.
Or is it Bolg?

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 6:12pm

Post #2 of 11 (512 views)
Shortcut
orc [In reply to] Can't Post

though it does sound slightly different, i do believe this is the same orc. i was at the fan event screening of the extra 20mins, and this scene has quite alot of exposition and he does go on about a power returning etc, im pretty sure it was him.

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 6:22pm

Post #3 of 11 (476 views)
Shortcut
Was he prosthetic.. [In reply to] Can't Post

or CGI? I have difficulty deciding with what limited screen time he has in the sneak peak.

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 6:28pm

Post #4 of 11 (444 views)
Shortcut
good question! [In reply to] Can't Post

i do remember thinking is that cgi or prosthetic? i think it was cgi in the style of prosthetic, but maybe a combination of both for the close up.

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 6:31pm

Post #5 of 11 (448 views)
Shortcut
If it was cgi... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm most impressed. It looks very natural but at the same time, too 'perfect' to be makeup. In short, I really feel like I'm looking at a real living, breathing orc. Well done weta... well done.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 10 2013, 6:38pm

Post #6 of 11 (432 views)
Shortcut
The Orc is prosthetic (at least partially). [In reply to] Can't Post

We've seen a number of clips of this scene being filmed. And the Orc has been "there". His head may be CGI, as with most of the Orcs and Goblins in AUJ.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Nov 10 2013, 6:38pm)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2013, 6:55pm

Post #7 of 11 (380 views)
Shortcut
Could you post a link? [In reply to] Can't Post

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Olorin2607
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 7:08pm

Post #8 of 11 (357 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Why? Just watch the Sneak Peak (you should be able to find that) and listen around the 1:13 Minute mark. ;)

If it is the orc well his voice really sounds awkward there compared to him saying: "The dwarf will never be king."

book Gandalf
Rohan

Nov 10 2013, 7:14pm

Post #9 of 11 (336 views)
Shortcut
yep i reckon [In reply to] Can't Post

it might have had something to do with hold they had around his neck getting tighter! after pissing off legolas a bit more.

defo him id say

Joe20
Lorien

Nov 10 2013, 7:50pm

Post #10 of 11 (279 views)
Shortcut
Yep it's the orc that says it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was lukcy enough to see the 20 minutes at the fan event and remember that line Smile

redgiraffe
Rohan

Nov 11 2013, 6:00am

Post #11 of 11 (89 views)
Shortcut
agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm most impressed. It looks very natural but at the same time, too 'perfect' to be makeup. In short, I really feel like I'm looking at a real living, breathing orc. Well done weta... well done.

I think it may have been CGI but it was certainly the most impressive CGI work I've seen them do on an orc. I'm hoping everything looks that great. And I'm usually one who hates CGI orcs.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.