Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Iam not happy at all about her

leniel Tindome
Bree

Nov 12 2013, 2:06pm

Views: 55
Shortcut
Iam not happy at all about her [In reply to] Can't Post

...at first I thought - yeah more elves and elven backstory.

But there more i learn, the more i yearn for REAL tolkienesque elven backstory, for I think theres not much left with Tauriel.

I adore PJ/Pace's Thranduil - he reminds me of this magic middle earth world, I experienced with PJ in 2001.
Legolas is Legolas as we know him (by now), that is a nice addition.

But Tauriel, the pixie -tinkerbell - non tolkien badass Killer Machine "Elf" - (in her own words) is the worst thing EVER happened to Tolkiens work by a movie-change.

(this and the post-WWII -costumes of Bard's children are my biggest concerns)

Subject User Time
Evangeline Lily revealed Tauriel's backstory Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 9 2013, 2:23am
    Makes sense Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Nov 9 2013, 4:12am
        Unless something changes... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 9 2013, 3:23pm
    DoS Extended Edition material DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Nov 9 2013, 4:20am
        Yes, I'm aware and I wasn't really offended by the remark, I just... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 9 2013, 3:17pm
            Sorry to hear about your hard day... DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Nov 9 2013, 3:32pm
                Thank you! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 9 2013, 3:39pm
    Batman Tariel comparison TheOneTony Send a private message to TheOneTony Nov 9 2013, 1:40pm
    This is not aimed at you Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 10 2013, 2:30am
        You're not alone... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Nov 10 2013, 7:52am
            The explanation is the topic of the whole thread DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Nov 10 2013, 9:04am
                Don't know why Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Nov 10 2013, 7:49pm
                    maybe that's intended Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 11 2013, 12:11am
            That's great to know Eleniel Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 10 2013, 7:24pm
                :) Olorin2607 Send a private message to Olorin2607 Nov 10 2013, 8:39pm
        Exactly my thoughts! Symbelmine Send a private message to Symbelmine Nov 10 2013, 4:44pm
            Glad to hear it! // Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 10 2013, 7:39pm
        Hehe... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 10 2013, 5:12pm
            Same here Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 10 2013, 7:41pm
                Me too Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 10 2013, 10:47pm
                    Iam not happy at all about her  leniel Tindome Send a private message to  leniel Tindome Nov 12 2013, 2:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.