Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorn's House

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 1:37am

Post #1 of 9 (707 views)
Shortcut
Beorn's House Can't Post

On Torn Tuesday this week, Cliff and Justin showed a featurette of Beorn's House but there was no sound. It is part of the Denny's menu Hobbit promotion. I took from the podcast, when you are at Denny's you can use a smartphone app and a code from the menu to watch various featurettes. It looked to be a nice look of Beorn's house and it was the first interview with Mikael Persbrandt. Has anyone seen it who can summarize it?

Briar
The Shire

Nov 9 2013, 4:11am

Post #2 of 9 (318 views)
Shortcut
They didn't give too much away [In reply to] Can't Post

The actors described how they're chased by a bear into Beorn's house, where they take refuge. Mostly they commented on the scale of the set, how intricate the carvings were, and how much fun it was to have the whole company together on set. Persbrandt didn't say much, other than to say that Beorn is a skin-changer and that the set was amazing in its level of detail.

The footage focused on the central dining table, as well as the food the dwarves ate. The dwarves did say that they had to be very respectful in Beorn's houseóno trashing the place! One shot showed cows inside the house.

It's a nice video if you can snag a menu to scan the code!

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 6:59am

Post #3 of 9 (283 views)
Shortcut
Smaug and Beorn... [In reply to] Can't Post

have been shrouded in so much secrecy it's sickening to me... those are my two most anticipated elements of this next movie. And we know so little about them!!!

Bernhardina
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 9:18am

Post #4 of 9 (242 views)
Shortcut
Not really fond of him [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very familiar with Mikael Persbrandts work and have seen him in countless movies and tv-series in Sweden. I am not a big fan of his work so I am not longing for an interview with him or to see him in The Hobbit even. But I really want an interview with Benedict Cumberbatch about playing Smaug!!! But December is getting closer so hopefully soon we will get something...

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 9:56am

Post #5 of 9 (225 views)
Shortcut
Is there a Greenscreen-Set of the interior of Beorn's house? [In reply to] Can't Post

We know they have built the interior in a large scale to fit the relation of the dwarfes.
So Persbrandt has to act alone or with McKellan on a separate set like Ian did for himself in Bag End.

I ask because in the Empire Scans you can see Persbrandt in the real set. What do you think?

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Nov 9 2013, 10:13am

Post #6 of 9 (214 views)
Shortcut
Scale [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any other way to scale him to the size of the set other than how they did the Bag End shooting?

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 9 2013, 10:22am

Post #7 of 9 (223 views)
Shortcut
If so, if I would be McKellan, I would be pis**d... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
As "Force Perspective" is out of race, regarding to 3D, it should be the only way.
Maybe Beorn was just there to get a sense for the interior.
We saw Ian in the Gab End set, too.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 9 2013, 12:50pm

Post #8 of 9 (172 views)
Shortcut
Really looking forward to Beorn's house [In reply to] Can't Post

What I've seen of it reminds me of Tolkien's own illustration of the interior.

Also looking forward to Beorn himself, since I like what I have seen of him as an actor and he appears to have the right persona for the role.

Bladerunner
Gondor

Nov 9 2013, 1:40pm

Post #9 of 9 (170 views)
Shortcut
Read this.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Movie Guide Excerpt - Beorn's House

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.