Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Interesting LoTR find

Rembrethil
Grey Havens

Nov 13 2013, 12:38am

Views: 25
Shortcut
Interesting LoTR find [In reply to] Can't Post

"I would not snare even an orc with a falsehood."---Faramir

Faramir says that he would not even lie to an orc. What do you think of Thranduil in light of this?

Just thought it was interesting.......

Call me Rem. Rembrethil is a lot to type!!

Subject User Time
SPOILERS! Sympathy for Orcs? boldog Send a private message to boldog Nov 5 2013, 9:46am
    It is about keeping one's word, and slaying a defenseless captive. Only AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 9:51am
        Sort of like... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 10:48am
            The mouth of Sauron Shirriff Anthony Send a private message to Shirriff Anthony Nov 5 2013, 11:13am
                I agree that it was out of character... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 5 2013, 11:27am
                    Then again, Grima was still just a human, even if a pathetic and scheming one Oin K Send a private message to Oin K Nov 5 2013, 6:07pm
            And you know it. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 11:45pm
    I absolutely love... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 5 2013, 10:00am
    hmm book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Nov 5 2013, 12:01pm
    Promises can be broken stoutfiles Send a private message to stoutfiles Nov 5 2013, 2:17pm
        Yeah..... Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Nov 5 2013, 2:58pm
            It's Tywin and not Tyrion who says that ;-) Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 5 2013, 3:45pm
                my bad.... Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Nov 5 2013, 7:07pm
        They just wouldn't let him go. A broken oath is bad business, especially AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 11:48pm
    In the depths of their souls, Cillendor Send a private message to Cillendor Nov 5 2013, 7:57pm
        I had always wondered if Tolkien had left a door open for orcs to be redeemed. Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 5 2013, 9:18pm
    "Perry-the-Winkle" Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Nov 5 2013, 11:10pm
    This scene made me go [MORE SPOILERS] Lio Send a private message to Lio Nov 6 2013, 1:52am
        I would like to think they will need to tone it down a touch. I cannot say with American AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 6 2013, 5:06am
            I'm American and I would prefer it be toned down a bit Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 6 2013, 2:58pm
                "Girl" (if you are female, and not in the derogatory sense, but in the vernacular, "female friend!" sense), I am a North American, American tooo, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 6 2013, 7:02pm
                    Amen my American brother! I'm sick of it too! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 7 2013, 3:20am
                        Absolute agreement. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 7 2013, 7:04am
                            The double standard in Hollywood is truly disturbing. Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 7 2013, 4:20pm
    Interesting LoTR find Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Nov 13 2013, 12:38am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.