Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Maybe he meant

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Nov 5 2013, 9:46pm

Views: 152
Shortcut
Maybe he meant [In reply to] Can't Post

He wouldn't allow his son to marry a servant? Maybe lowly is referring she is a guard and not a silvan elf of status.
To me that would make more sense than Thranduil is against his son being with a silvan elf. All of the elves had different classes in themselves. So I could see a King not wanting his only son to marry the 'help'.
I don't think Elrond would have wanted his daughter with the cook..Aragon had to become King before he would allow them to marry.
So don't toss Thranduil under the bridge.....yet! Tongue

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Subject User Time
"I do not think that you would allow your son to pledge himself to a lowly silvan elf" boldog Send a private message to boldog Nov 5 2013, 5:16am
    Didn't make the cut? Shirriff Anthony Send a private message to Shirriff Anthony Nov 5 2013, 5:19am
        No i think it is an actual scene boldog Send a private message to boldog Nov 5 2013, 5:22am
        Just a rehersal Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 5 2013, 4:29pm
    Legolas was so cool before The Hobbit. Symbelmine Send a private message to Symbelmine Nov 5 2013, 3:02pm
    Definitely a continuation of the scene from the second trailer. A few observations... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 5 2013, 4:43pm
    Aw man Nellas Send a private message to Nellas Nov 5 2013, 5:16pm
        Why? Cillendor Send a private message to Cillendor Nov 5 2013, 8:11pm
            I remember reading... Nellas Send a private message to Nellas Nov 5 2013, 8:57pm
    So she decides to show him what she really thinks about class differences and hooks up with a dwarf Oin K Send a private message to Oin K Nov 5 2013, 6:29pm
    I still don't think Bernhardina Send a private message to Bernhardina Nov 5 2013, 9:23pm
        It's still hard to tell if that scene had the real lines from the movie or not. Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 5 2013, 9:39pm
    Maybe he meant Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Nov 5 2013, 9:46pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.