Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Desolation Of Smaug OST now viewable on iTunes + "I See Fire" available for download!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Nov 5 2013, 4:59pm

Post #51 of 57 (154 views)
Shortcut
I have a feeling that this would happen to me... [In reply to] Can't Post

that's why I'm saving it for opening night so I can sit back and enjoy!

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Briar
The Shire

Nov 5 2013, 5:26pm

Post #52 of 57 (145 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to listen to it a few more times [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't decided if I like it yet or not. I suspect it will grow on me, but it didn't give me the immediate chills that "Song of the Lonely Mountain" or "Into the West" did.

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 5 2013, 6:24pm

Post #53 of 57 (126 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for that [In reply to] Can't Post

I was starting to wonder what strange language the thing was written in, but it makes sense with your corrections. There are still a couple other mistakes in there, but it's close enough.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 5 2013, 7:14pm

Post #54 of 57 (111 views)
Shortcut
Ed [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish you liked it Daniel. :( As I've said I know nothing of the guy so I was able to not have that road block. I like it right now but of course that is subject to change. lol

smtfhw
Lorien

Nov 6 2013, 10:43am

Post #55 of 57 (61 views)
Shortcut
And now on iTunes in the UK... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ģ0.99 on iTunes as of this morning. Though I had to wander into the pre-order of the entire soundtrack to find it.

https://itunes.apple.com/...original/id738405384

kiwifan
Rohan

Nov 7 2013, 12:45am

Post #56 of 57 (38 views)
Shortcut
It has grown on me but I still have a hard time with the lyrics [In reply to] Can't Post

Ed Sheeran was totally unknown to me so I wasn't prejudiced against him and was fine with him as a singer, but the first couple of times I listened to it I felt more like 'meh, this is boring, and too much of a pop song, and not at all Middle-earth-like, and it will come as a nasty shock after two and a half hours of Howard Shore's music'. That was yesterday. Then today I read PJ's facebook entry about the song's creation, namely that it is basically the musical reflection of Ed's emotions after watching the rough cut of the film, which made it more comprehensible to me, and then I listened to it half a dozen more times, and now I actually rather like it, the tune that is.

The lyrics, however, are very odd, and I totally agree with you, Daniel, that they are bloody difficult to understand; many words are slurred and unintelligible, and some of the rest doesn't make any sense to me (not even with Otaku Sempai's corrections). It's not that I normally need to have poetry explained to me (except perhaps some of Viggo Mortensen's) but in this case I really have a hard time with the lyrics. 'Oh misty eye of the mountain below' ??? Hunh?? The Lonely Mountain isn't a volcano, is it? So why the 'eye'? And so on. Do I have to be on drugs to understand it? Perhaps I need to get on to Ed Sheeran's website and suggest he publish the definitve version of the lyrics of 'I see fire'. And five weeks from now I'll have seen DoS and hopefully then get the meaning of it all ...

Marionette
Rohan

Nov 7 2013, 6:44pm

Post #57 of 57 (28 views)
Shortcut
Fully agree [In reply to] Can't Post

The song alone is OK (Even though not my fav music) but is not OK for a movie like The Hobbit, it doesnīt fit at all.

Itīs a romantic comedy music.

As bad as many fanvideos mixing the Hobbit movie with romantic comedies songs

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.