Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Yes, he did fight the Nine, from dusk until dawn, and it was seen afar as lightning that leaped

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 5 2013, 11:40pm

Views: 27
Shortcut
Yes, he did fight the Nine, from dusk until dawn, and it was seen afar as lightning that leaped [In reply to] Can't Post

from the hilltop.

And I have VERY much been hoping they would take the main elements of that scene and place them in Dol Guldur.

I share your fears.

I didn't mind the Radagast scene so much. I wish the fight had lasted a few seconds longer, and that the decisive strike from Radagast had included some small reaction of light or force to make clear that his power was factoring in. However, I did note that his staff does strike The Witch-King's face, so at least the dispersal has some weight.

In Reply To
Yeah..I strongly hope that he will be captured by Sauron himself as well. Anything else except perhaps him against all 9 (in the book I think he did not fight them all at weathertop did he?) would be ridiculous.

But I most certainly also fear for the whole DG Plot to become an utter mess. I was not too happy about their ideas there in general. (Nazgul tombs!??Crazy) And even if the plot itself is good, it might get poorly executed like that scene in AUJ where Raddy explores DG.
The effects were godawful ( I have never seen such a bad ghost/spirit.. the ones in LOTR were better; Sauron was also very underwhelming) and it was not very convincing having Raddy fight off the Witch-King/Khamul with two swings of his staff and without any magic.

So let us hope the whole thing will get more sinister and thrilling in DOS and TABA. The newest trailer gives hope...

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
Worries concerning Dol Guldur. Being captured in one movie and knocked out in the next would be TOO much. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 4:15am
    I'm wrapping my head Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Nov 5 2013, 4:40am
    I understand and largely share your concern regarding this subplot MechaGodzilla Send a private message to MechaGodzilla Nov 5 2013, 5:54am
        Absolutely, Elessar and MecaGodzila. If they aren't careful they will make him look like he cannot get out of any supernatural fix AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 7:14am
    Well, it could work. Bumpypotato Send a private message to Bumpypotato Nov 5 2013, 6:19am
        How famously powerful he is may depend on how they handle this. If done badly or without proper respect, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 7:23am
            I don't think audiences see Gandalf as weak though starlesswinter Send a private message to starlesswinter Nov 5 2013, 8:30am
                I wish I shared your optimist view, Starless Winter, I truly do. I, however, can still recall AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 9:04am
                    Well, that's halfway through one film though starlesswinter Send a private message to starlesswinter Nov 5 2013, 9:19am
                        Two of the four are yet to be determind, StarlessWinter. If he does not acquit himself well AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 9:24am
                        ROTK EE Shirriff Anthony Send a private message to Shirriff Anthony Nov 5 2013, 11:16am
                            Yes, that made me really angry in RotK Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 5 2013, 12:46pm
                            I KNOW! Cillendor Send a private message to Cillendor Nov 5 2013, 8:20pm
                            Total agreement. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 8:45pm
    I am kinda worried too Remus Send a private message to Remus Nov 5 2013, 6:36am
        1 hour is a bit too long stoutfiles Send a private message to stoutfiles Nov 5 2013, 2:28pm
            Avengers AncalagontheBlack Send a private message to AncalagontheBlack Nov 5 2013, 4:27pm
    Don't forget that he didn't face the Balrog yet Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 5 2013, 1:10pm
        That doesn't change what his strength would be. He grew after he fell as a result of AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 8:43pm
    Unless his capture is deliberate Oin K Send a private message to Oin K Nov 5 2013, 6:33pm
        Yes to Glorfindel, but to the capture...ehhh. I don't think you can just allow for that when AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 8:57pm
    Jumping the gun? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 5 2013, 6:48pm
        I think you are being sarcastic. lol. If not, I HOPE you are right, but I rather doubt it. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 9:06pm
            It wasn't intentionally supposed to be sarcastic. ;-) DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 5 2013, 9:26pm
                It is different. For one thing, we know Bilbo lives. But also, we can very easily assume AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 11:13pm
            Dol Guldur Nagini6 Send a private message to Nagini6 Nov 5 2013, 9:32pm
                Yes, he did fight the Nine, from dusk until dawn, and it was seen afar as lightning that leaped AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 5 2013, 11:40pm
    Ok, my thoughts on what we know so far.... BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Nov 5 2013, 9:45pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.