Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New interview with the dwarves - and info about who stays in Lake-town...

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Nov 5 2013, 3:14am

Post #1 of 8 (976 views)
Shortcut
New interview with the dwarves - and info about who stays in Lake-town... Can't Post

http://www.smh.com.au/...-20131104-2wxlw.html

Dean O'Gorman confirms that Fili stays with his brother:

Okay, well, we've talked briefly about-- He's the nephew to Thorin and then he will be the-- Potentially, he's like a young prince. He's the elder brother of Kili, so he feels very responsible for him, and is very protective over his younger brother because they are both warriors, but to a certain extent, they’re both naïve, too, because they haven't really been to war. Yeah, maybe they chopped a couple of orcs up or something but they haven't been to war and witnessed what someone like Balin has. So, in the second film, they all are sort of naughty towards each other, with each other-- That's hard, eh? But I guess because Kili, because of the wound that he receives in the first film, he's seen as not being fit to go on with the journey, and of course my loyalty ultimately lies with Kili, so we decide to stick with each other and give up potentially--

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 5 2013, 5:29am

Post #2 of 8 (441 views)
Shortcut
Book SPOILER [In reply to] Can't Post

Adam Brown dropped a massive book spoiler at the end of that interview Shocked

"When you think of the great Battle of Pelennor, do not forget the Battle of Dale. Think of what might have been. Dragon-fire and savage swords in Eriador! There might be no Queen in Gondor. We might now only hope to return from the victory here to ruin and ash. But that has been averted -- because I met Thorin Oakenshield one evening on the edge of spring not far from Bree. A chance-meeting, as we say in Middle-earth."
- Gandalf

pulpfiction16
Rivendell

Nov 5 2013, 7:22am

Post #3 of 8 (356 views)
Shortcut
It's been out for 76 years! [In reply to] Can't Post

SPOILERS!

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 5 2013, 10:21am

Post #4 of 8 (280 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

but some people only read 1 page a year, so they probably have not gotten around to the end yet. I'm half way through page 188, and I began in 1982.

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 5 2013, 3:53pm

Post #5 of 8 (167 views)
Shortcut
I suppose it was a more fan-oriented interview anyway [In reply to] Can't Post

Those that go out of their way to look up every new interview and piece of information are probably already familiar with the book or don't mind being spoiled. But there are indeed many who have never read The Hobbit (although they should Smile) but do enjoy Middle-earth films. Certainly any major plot point must be considered spoiler material whether it be from the book or made up by the writers...especially when it does not come up until the last film.

*I don't mind it at all, just observing Angelic

"When you think of the great Battle of Pelennor, do not forget the Battle of Dale. Think of what might have been. Dragon-fire and savage swords in Eriador! There might be no Queen in Gondor. We might now only hope to return from the victory here to ruin and ash. But that has been averted -- because I met Thorin Oakenshield one evening on the edge of spring not far from Bree. A chance-meeting, as we say in Middle-earth."
- Gandalf

Oin K
Rivendell

Nov 5 2013, 6:37pm

Post #6 of 8 (154 views)
Shortcut
"because of the wound that he receives in the first film" - huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I miss that? I don't remember Kili taking any significant wounds. Did it happen during "Into the Frying Pan", and we just don't see it until now? Are they going to be carrying Kili through Mirkwood in addition to, or instead of, Bombur? Because that would be silly.

"The Naugrim were ever, as they still remain, short and squat in stature; they were deep-breasted, strong in the arm, and stout in the leg, and their snouts were long. Indeed this strangeness they have that no Man nor Elf has ever seen a snoutless Dwarf - unless he were rhinoplasted in mockery, and would then be more like to die of shame than of many other hurts that to us would seem more deadly. For the Naugrim have snouts from the beginning of their lives, male and female alike..." (History of Middle Earth, volume 11, The War of the Truffles, p. 205)

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 5 2013, 6:46pm

Post #7 of 8 (140 views)
Shortcut
Probably ... [In reply to] Can't Post

He probably meant when the first film ended with the barrel escape, before three films were announced. He doesn't get injured before then (in either AUJ or DOS).

DjU
Lorien

Nov 5 2013, 7:08pm

Post #8 of 8 (121 views)
Shortcut
As pointed out [In reply to] Can't Post

As DanielLB points these interviews (along with a huge amount of other of the DoS interviews that have been out over the past month) were conducted during filming in 2012 - before the split to three films existed, thus anything before before Lake-town is 'Film 1'.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.