Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Participate in our first Online Tolkien-inspired Game show: “Name That Character"
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 3 2013, 8:23pm

Post #26 of 46 (156 views)
Shortcut
Maybe.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Guarded by folks that aren't actually there, but are very hard-headed types. Tall. Area accessed in a unique sort of way.

(Hints to follow if necessary.)

? Paths of the Dead
? Cirith Ungol Tower

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 3 2013, 8:27pm

Post #27 of 46 (145 views)
Shortcut
Possibly... [In reply to] Can't Post

Nargothrond?

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Endor Dweller
Bree

Nov 3 2013, 8:40pm

Post #28 of 46 (145 views)
Shortcut
Is it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Argonath?

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 3 2013, 8:40pm

Post #29 of 46 (143 views)
Shortcut
Warmish :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Can probably see their reflections if they could look downward.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2013, 8:50pm

Post #30 of 46 (140 views)
Shortcut
Guesses [In reply to] Can't Post

Caras Galadhon?
A flet?
Lorien( excuse me, LOTHlorien)?
Henneth Annun? (Faramir's secret base)

This is a puzzler and no mistake!!

Call me Rem. Rembrethil is a lot to type!!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 3 2013, 8:58pm

Post #31 of 46 (133 views)
Shortcut
At this point anyway, I'm stickin' to just the one hint for this description [In reply to] Can't Post

the one in reply to Elaen. Maybe try to visualize that hint (and remember tall "folks") . . .

Hope I'm not being too mean!Evil

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2013, 9:08pm

Post #32 of 46 (127 views)
Shortcut
Amon Rudh [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Psalm 27:2

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 3 2013, 10:05pm

Post #33 of 46 (135 views)
Shortcut
I am a place [In reply to] Can't Post

A place where a people was born, sang, and left. No apparent return is in sight for those who departed. What those who remained do, we are never told.

(I am having way too much fun with these!!)

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 3 2013, 10:17pm

Post #34 of 46 (125 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
A place where a people was born, sang, and left. No apparent return is in sight for those who departed. What those who remained do, we are never told.

(I am having way too much fun with these!!)

The Halls of Iluvatar??

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 3 2013, 10:20pm

Post #35 of 46 (121 views)
Shortcut
Well.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The guards could be the Argonath and the area they guard is the entrance to Gondor via Men Hithoel?????

Bellerock
Rivendell

Nov 3 2013, 10:25pm

Post #36 of 46 (120 views)
Shortcut
How about . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Rivendell? I've always wondered what happened to those who chose to stay behind. Wouldn't they have been lonely?

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 3 2013, 10:47pm

Post #37 of 46 (117 views)
Shortcut
I think it's [In reply to] Can't Post

Eregion (Hollin).

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 4 2013, 1:14am

Post #38 of 46 (115 views)
Shortcut
My guess is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cuiveinen, the awakening place of the Elves.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 4 2013, 4:49am

Post #39 of 46 (108 views)
Shortcut
I am a person [In reply to] Can't Post

I am of low station, but am cared for by a noble. A great gift, in sentiment if not monetary value, was given me. On account of my physical appearance, I was given a nickname.

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Nov 4 2013, 5:19am

Post #40 of 46 (103 views)
Shortcut
Labadal? [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Psalm 27:2

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 4 2013, 7:27am

Post #41 of 46 (103 views)
Shortcut
Is it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elanor the Fair?

bauglir
The Shire

Nov 4 2013, 4:10pm

Post #42 of 46 (90 views)
Shortcut
re: "A place..." [In reply to] Can't Post

I was also going to say Cuiviénen. Those who stayed of whom little is told would be the Avari. Keep these coming, they're so much fun!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 5 2013, 1:30am

Post #43 of 46 (86 views)
Shortcut
New place description: [In reply to] Can't Post

Reportedly the site of the most beautiful "stables" in the northern world. "Cone of silence" for visiting elves.

elaen32
Gondor

Nov 5 2013, 4:30am

Post #44 of 46 (71 views)
Shortcut
Possibly...... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Reportedly the site of the most beautiful "stables" in the northern world. "Cone of silence" for visiting elves.

? Glittering caves/ Aglarond?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 5 2013, 10:54am

Post #45 of 46 (74 views)
Shortcut
I'll take a shot at it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it an Eagle? Gwaihir would be my guess since he's toting around heroes and helps Galadriel on request :)

GREAT POSTING!! :D

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 7 2013, 3:03am

Post #46 of 46 (80 views)
Shortcut
Here they are! Answers and winners in order! Prizes to follow! [In reply to] Can't Post

This character prefers the outdoors, and is prone to loud, soaring vocalizations. Tends to frequent the company of outcast heroes and Elven maids.
Speaks seldom.

Answer: Huan

Winner: Elaen32

This person is often disliked, but in his youth proved himself to be a valiant warrior. He sustained grievous wounds in his grandest exploit, and only healed when the fruit of his labours sprouted. This good is seldom remembered.

Answer: Isildur

Winners: Bauglir and Elaen32

Change isn't something this character has. Or they might, but they might choke on it. Who am I?

Answer: Talking Purse

Winners: Kim and Dernwyn

This character has a rags-to-riches story, his early years of torment giving way to a later life of love and devotion. Although he does disappear from the others at one point in the story, it's evident that he definitely knows which way to go, and is reunited later. Gotta love this real "kick-ass" character!

Answer: Bill the pony

Winner: Lightfoot

Guarded by folks that aren't actually there, but are very hard-headed types. Tall. Area accessed in a unique sort of way.

Answer: Argonath and Nen Hithoel

Winners: Endor Dweller and Elaen32

This place was a home and refuge for small folk, but later was all but deserted. Again it served as a refuge for larger people in peril, but soon after, it was betrayed. It's bloody crest might have presaged this.

Answer: Amon Rudh

Winner: Meneldor

Answer: The Timeless Halls

I am of low station, but am cared for by a noble. A great gift, in sentiment if not monetary value, was given me. On account of my physical appearance, I was given a nickname.

Answer: Labadal

Winner: Meneldor

Answer: The Glittering Caves of Aglarond

Congratialations to all contestents and to the winners.

Top winner to Elaen 32!

Prizes ( for everyone, like Birthday mathoms) will be posted by sometime this Friday if not earlier.Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.