Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
actually

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Nov 5 2013, 1:57am

Views: 26
Shortcut
actually [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ&co have said specifically that Fili and Kili have never seen Erebor in the character bios, so that would mean that Smaug would have had to take Erebor at LEAST 82 years prior, if not 83 (to account for Fili being conceived, but not born yet, as we do not know the month of his birth).

He may have not been seen in 60 years, but it had to have been longer than that- I would imagine it took him quite a while to a) gather all that gold in one place, given that I am sure that both Dale and Erebor had many stashes of it (more than just the chamber of Thror) and b) he likely spent quite a lot of time eating any remaining dwarves or occupants of Dale before going into his 60 year hibernation, much like bears will eat a great deal before entering theirs.

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

Subject User Time
Would Azog have looked better like this? boldog Send a private message to boldog Nov 1 2013, 1:02am
    45 haarp Send a private message to haarp Nov 1 2013, 1:29am
    Uhm Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Nov 1 2013, 1:30am
        In the Geeky observation list... Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Nov 1 2013, 1:37am
    I think he would have looked more sinister and ominous with straggling hair, and I AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 1 2013, 2:45am
        Much Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Nov 1 2013, 2:58am
    I don't hate the current design, but... starlesswinter Send a private message to starlesswinter Nov 1 2013, 3:04am
    I like it MechaGodzilla Send a private message to MechaGodzilla Nov 1 2013, 3:16am
    Apparently this was among the later designs...? stormcrow20 Send a private message to stormcrow20 Nov 1 2013, 4:15am
    Not too bad... sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Nov 1 2013, 4:40am
    Uhmmm... ecthelionsbeard Send a private message to ecthelionsbeard Nov 1 2013, 7:18am
        The drawing Fleuz Send a private message to Fleuz Nov 1 2013, 7:27am
            I'm not seeing it... ecthelionsbeard Send a private message to ecthelionsbeard Nov 1 2013, 7:33am
        You are right Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 1 2013, 1:29pm
        Maybe I'm missing something too Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Nov 2 2013, 12:21am
    Turning too human? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 1 2013, 8:18am
    Not really Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 1 2013, 12:18pm
    Don't like the hair... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 1 2013, 12:21pm
        I don't really like the notion that an orc shouldn't ever be pale. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 1 2013, 1:22pm
            Do not get me wrong... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 1 2013, 1:54pm
                Fair enough. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 2 2013, 1:18am
        I sort of agree with you Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 1 2013, 2:14pm
    I am hardly an apologist for these films dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Nov 1 2013, 12:59pm
        It is his storyline I hate. Replace the name Azog, with Bolg, and give this same design Bolg's history, AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 1 2013, 1:20pm
        Agreed Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 1 2013, 1:31pm
            It's not Azog's CGI or his design that irks me most... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 1 2013, 8:56pm
                Allelujah ane Exactly! AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 2 2013, 1:21am
                Not that it helps, Cillendor Send a private message to Cillendor Nov 3 2013, 10:35am
                    If I recall correctly... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 3 2013, 11:46am
                        actually Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Nov 5 2013, 1:57am
    No, I don't think so.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 1 2013, 2:20pm
    He does look more frightening IMO... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 1 2013, 9:04pm
    Azog was like a step back, a CGI character from the Mummy films or something sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Nov 2 2013, 12:03am
    There Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Nov 2 2013, 9:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.