Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EMPIRE Magazine clue to contents of DoS Prologue... ***SPOILERS***
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 31 2013, 10:16pm

Post #26 of 36 (395 views)
Shortcut
Check page 101 of WETA Creatures and Characters ... [In reply to] Can't Post

As it was scripted, Azog beheads Thror and carves his name into the old Dwarf head in the Black Speech, so a head was made for that shot.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 31 2013, 10:21pm

Post #27 of 36 (366 views)
Shortcut
Hmm.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps this is what we will see in the DOS prologue (Thror falling towards the camera...)?

(I hope so! but with Jackson.... Y'never know.)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 31 2013, 10:55pm

Post #28 of 36 (355 views)
Shortcut
You've gotten my hopes up [In reply to] Can't Post

My friend you know what I desire in regards to this. May we get what we've been hoping for.

boldog
Rohan

Oct 31 2013, 11:37pm

Post #29 of 36 (367 views)
Shortcut
i think we already know who stays with kili. [In reply to] Can't Post

Based on an interview with Evangeline lily, she says she worked a lot with Aiden turner (kili) Dean o Gorman (fili) John callen (oin) James Nesbitt (Bofur) As well as John bell (bain) and James nesbitts daughters (tilde, Sigrid) So based on this, we know that she goes to laketown, so im guessing that these four dwarves are the ones who stay behind. And it seems legit, because Kili and Fili can never be separated, Oin is a medic, and Bofur, is a very cheerful personality.
heres the link to that interview
http://collider.com/...-of-smaug-interview/

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

(This post was edited by boldog on Oct 31 2013, 11:38pm)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 31 2013, 11:55pm

Post #30 of 36 (293 views)
Shortcut
Here is to hoping! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink May It Be Smile

In Reply To
My friend you know what I desire in regards to this. May we get what we've been hoping for.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 1 2013, 12:08am

Post #31 of 36 (272 views)
Shortcut
Fingers crossed. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Nov 1 2013, 1:25am

Post #32 of 36 (275 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I remember that now [In reply to] Can't Post

Back when I read it, I was kind of puzzled as to why Tauriel would be interacting much with Fili, Oin, and Bofur (Kili didn't surprise me). Now it all makes sense! That just leaves Gloin unaccounted for. I don't think he's seen in the trailers with the other dwarves that continue to the mountain, and just because Evangeline Lilly didn't mention Peter Hambleton doesn't mean Gloin doesn't stay with his brother. We all know what Gimli was raised to think of elves, so I can see Gloin keeping his distance.

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Nov 1 2013, 2:24am

Post #33 of 36 (240 views)
Shortcut
I share this sentiment [In reply to] Can't Post

Even the slightest rumble from the depths as an allusion to the horror within would be enough for me.

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 1 2013, 2:43am

Post #34 of 36 (233 views)
Shortcut
And a look from Gandalf. lol Yes, something, anything [In reply to] Can't Post

to definitively acknowledge that there is something, one being in particular, "older and fouler than Orcs" in that deep place.

In Reply To
Even the slightest rumble from the depths as an allusion to the horror within would be enough for me.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Cillendor
Lorien

Nov 1 2013, 6:22pm

Post #35 of 36 (133 views)
Shortcut
This sounds perfect. I could hear Gandalf's voice in my head as I read that. [In reply to] Can't Post

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 2 2013, 12:51am

Post #36 of 36 (79 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Glad it worked for you. It just seems right. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.