Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
18 New Images (Empire)

Annatar598
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 3:57pm

Post #1 of 25 (2238 views)
Shortcut
18 New Images (Empire) Can't Post

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/...eviews/news/?a=89191

Not entirely sure how to make it clickable! Sorry!

From the two Gandalf images - looks like we're in for some decent wizard badassery at Dol Guldur. Should make up for the obscenity that was the Witch King encounter in ROTK.

EDIT: URL fixed.

(This post was edited by Annatar598 on Oct 28 2013, 4:04pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 4:05pm

Post #2 of 25 (892 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my issues.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 4:07pm

Post #3 of 25 (939 views)
Shortcut
Dol Guldur and Lake-town... wow... WOW! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just look at this screenshot of Lake-town with all the ice and snow... wow! WOW! Already one of my favorite places of Movie-Middle-earth!!

And that concept art of Dol Guldur looks very interessting! What's that... thing in the middle? A cage? Torture-instrument? Even the Necromancers throne? Wow! Just fantastic!

Thanks for posting this!

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:07pm

Post #4 of 25 (880 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

Like the one of Bilbo in the Wine cellar!

Would like a new pic of Beorn :) i have seen the one in the german calendar, but a newer ;)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:11pm

Post #5 of 25 (846 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many news this day!

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 4:16pm

Post #6 of 25 (897 views)
Shortcut
The concept art with the torture/execution place... [In reply to] Can't Post

... creepy and great.

Dol Guldur seems to be an amazing set piece, we jus only saw glimpses yet. SImilar to Minas Tirith in FotR.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

tolktolk
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 4:18pm

Post #7 of 25 (866 views)
Shortcut
Beorn's house [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the picture of the company sitting around the huge table in Beorn's house - I've been looking forward to that since they first showed the house on one of the vlogs.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 4:20pm

Post #8 of 25 (860 views)
Shortcut
The first time we see some "mordorish" place from the inside [In reply to] Can't Post

Except for the glimpses of the Tower of Cirith Ungol, Gollum being tortured inside Barad-dûr and the Witch-King being armed inside... Minas Morgul?

Until now Mordor was very mysterious and we didn't know much much about it. I'm really exited to enter this dark place. From the images we've seen so far it could be an amazing set-piece indeed!

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:23pm

Post #9 of 25 (823 views)
Shortcut
Laketown. Wow. Beautiful. The snow and ice make it look great! [In reply to] Can't Post

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Silmaril
Lorien

Oct 28 2013, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 25 (805 views)
Shortcut
it's my favorite too! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Love the picture of the company sitting around the huge table in Beorn's house - I've been looking forward to that since they first showed the house on one of the vlogs.

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 4:25pm

Post #11 of 25 (794 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazing images Wink ... can't wait!

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 4:26pm

Post #12 of 25 (806 views)
Shortcut
Excitement really seems to build up... [In reply to] Can't Post

... not just the marketing.

Mine sure does.

Although the internet seems to be all over Catching Fire right now (thank God this is not that popular in Germany), DoS should be able to hold AUJ numbers imho.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Nightwing
Bree

Oct 28 2013, 4:36pm

Post #13 of 25 (778 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful images [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially the one of Lake-town.

Cave Troll
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 4:36pm

Post #14 of 25 (794 views)
Shortcut
It looks... [In reply to] Can't Post

a little bit much to me, to be honest.

All the spikes remind me of a dungeon from Neverwinter Nights or some other (slightly) dated RPG for some reason. Mind you, it's not inconsistent with what we were given in the LOTR so I can't complain too much...

Laketown, on the other hand, looks fantastic and has looked fantastic every time new shots of it have emerged.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 4:44pm

Post #15 of 25 (760 views)
Shortcut
Great images. [In reply to] Can't Post

I especially like the one of the Dwarves sitting at the giant table in Beorn's house. Also the Gandalf, Thorin and Bilbo images.

Many thanks for posting this.

Thranderz
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 4:58pm

Post #16 of 25 (702 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting! // [In reply to] Can't Post

I simply walked into Mordor.

Avandel
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 6:35pm

Post #17 of 25 (608 views)
Shortcut
Great job Empire and thanks for posting link [In reply to] Can't Post

Some amusement park really needs to add a water barrel ride after DOS, that looks like too much fun. Thorin, Bilbo and Gandalf look fierce with their elven blades - sets look incredible.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 28 2013, 10:02pm

Post #18 of 25 (455 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love all the actors smiling while in the barrels, and Lake-town looks really cool!

Kullervo
Rivendell

Oct 28 2013, 10:55pm

Post #19 of 25 (434 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Lake-town [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lake-town photo with the ice and the snow looks incredible. A fantastic location, definitely one of my favorites from all of the movies, and come december it will become the favorite if it looks anything like that. Such a familiar and yet strange, magical place, a perfect mixture of both real and imaginary worlds.

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Oct 29 2013, 12:49am

Post #20 of 25 (371 views)
Shortcut
So, Elrond and Galadriel will be in DOS? [In reply to] Can't Post

They feature in Empire's cast list, which seems legitimate - no Holm, Wood or Serkis, who we know won't be in DOS. Weaving and Blanchett are listed! No mention of Christopher Lee though.

Maybe we'll get a brief, independent Elrond-Galadriel scene kinda like in The Two Towers?

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 29 2013, 3:55am

Post #21 of 25 (318 views)
Shortcut
I was just about to comment on that. Fry and McCoy are not mentioned, though we know they are in, but the Elrond and Galadriel suggestion [In reply to] Can't Post

is quite intriguing.

In Reply To
They feature in Empire's cast list, which seems legitimate - no Holm, Wood or Serkis, who we know won't be in DOS. Weaving and Blanchett are listed! No mention of Christopher Lee though.

Maybe we'll get a brief, independent Elrond-Galadriel scene kinda like in The Two Towers?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

joec_34
Rivendell

Oct 29 2013, 3:06pm

Post #22 of 25 (206 views)
Shortcut
Which Fili in the barrel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Which actor is that playing Fili in the barrel? I couldn't tell if it was the wet look or the actor, but he doesn't look quite right to me.

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

(This post was edited by joec_34 on Oct 29 2013, 3:08pm)

starlesswinter
Lorien

Oct 29 2013, 7:05pm

Post #23 of 25 (144 views)
Shortcut
Laketown looks amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

This could definitely be one of the best locations in all the films. The design is so much better than I could have imagined. Great work!!! I wonder why they haven't emphasized it more in the promotional material?

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2013, 5:14am

Post #24 of 25 (103 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it looks so much better than i would have imagined [In reply to] Can't Post

from what we've seen previously in the on-the-set pictures and footage. Kind of brings to mind Tolkien's famous rendition, minus the stilts. Very cool.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 30 2013, 5:21am

Post #25 of 25 (122 views)
Shortcut
Your lips to God's ears, Powers know I hope and pray so. My great hope is that it will, [In reply to] Can't Post

that there will be something of a transfer of Gandalf's omitted battle with The Nine atop Amon Sul in Dol Guldur, and that he will kick asses until Sauron arrives and forces him to flee. My great fear is that the Witch-King will be shown breaking his staff in a Theatrical version of the films, as if the travesty of ROTK just wasn't an effing nough... at which point I may lose my mind and begin chasing Peter Jackson "in every den under the mountains." CrazyMadMadMad

In Reply To
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/...eviews/news/?a=89191

Not entirely sure how to make it clickable! Sorry!

From the two Gandalf images - looks like we're in for some decent wizard badassery at Dol Guldur. Should make up for the obscenity that was the Witch King encounter in ROTK.

EDIT: URL fixed.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.