Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS Deluxe Soundtrack Cover
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2013, 4:45pm

Post #26 of 42 (181 views)
Shortcut
They are extremely rare [In reply to] Can't Post

The rarest of the lot is the TTT: ILE which was brown leatherette. I had to scour eBay a lot, for the better part of a decade at least, until I could find one. I think I've only ever seen two for sale during that time Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 27 2013, 4:54pm

Post #27 of 42 (172 views)
Shortcut
gee... now I feel special [In reply to] Can't Post

since you sent me a link to one of those two!

I don't do eBay (I have enough problem with collecting without it) but my husband had an account and he bid on it for me. I think I got it for under $5!

I don't have the ROTK ILE, however. So anyone who finds one on eBay is welcome to send me the link. :-)

I also don't have the European trilogy set or other European versions which is fine. I'm content with just the US jewel case and the nicer LE and CRs.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 27 2013, 5:02pm

Post #28 of 42 (163 views)
Shortcut
Amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

This discussion made me look and see if there was anything on amazon. I found some TTT and I believe one ROTK. These had the leather look to the case with the little slip piece that goes over right?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2013, 5:32pm

Post #29 of 42 (156 views)
Shortcut
Of course you are special :) [In reply to] Can't Post

When I saw that one on eBay, I remembered you telling me you didn't have it, so I alerted you to it.

I'll look out for the ROTK: ILE. It's not so rare and I'll let you know if I see it.

I too have only the standard editions which came in a box set, the LE and ILE editions, and the CRs. I also got some singles.

As for The Hobbit, I only have the standard edition. I don't yet have the special one.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 27 2013, 5:36pm

Post #30 of 42 (154 views)
Shortcut
The 'look' of the LEs and the ILEs were the same... [In reply to] Can't Post

except for the color of the leatherette and the extras they had inside. It's possible the band was different for the IE and the ILE, as well. I'm not going to get obsessive and check.

So one would have to know which color the ILE was to be sure (and then hope the seller has it right, as well - there has been some misidentification of score editions on Amazon, some with the wrong cover image displayed for the edition being sold)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 27 2013, 5:37pm

Post #31 of 42 (160 views)
Shortcut
really? [In reply to] Can't Post

As for The Hobbit, I only have the standard edition. I don't yet have the special one.

There's some nice additional tracks on the SE.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2013, 5:48pm

Post #32 of 42 (156 views)
Shortcut
I've heard the tracks though [In reply to] Can't Post

I downloaded the digital edition last year because the physical one wasn't available where I was (my aunt from abroad had got me the standard edition as a gift). So now I just need to buy the physical copy for my collection, not really to listen to the music :)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2013, 5:49pm

Post #33 of 42 (157 views)
Shortcut
Ooh Amazon... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I didn't think of checking there. I'll go do that Smile

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 27 2013, 6:50pm

Post #34 of 42 (136 views)
Shortcut
Got ya [In reply to] Can't Post

They did look similar but I think these were the right ones and not the complete scores. I just wanted to pass long the info to any interested parties.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 27 2013, 6:51pm

Post #35 of 42 (136 views)
Shortcut
Amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

That's just one of the first places I check every time. Always good for finding rare stuff.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2013, 8:40pm

Post #36 of 42 (108 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, Amazon's pretty great for some hard to find stuff... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's where i got my Limited Editions about a year ago (i somehow lost my originals through a couple of moves).

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 27 2013, 8:59pm

Post #37 of 42 (103 views)
Shortcut
Nice [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to have them and may have to get them at somepoint. I'm a bit OCD like that. So I'm hoping amazon will be as helpful for me in that regard when the time comes.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 28 2013, 2:00am

Post #38 of 42 (69 views)
Shortcut
Oh [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie, your site is great, I used it for my personal edit of the complete scores, using the OST, CR's, DVD's (Menus, Documentaries etc.), and Video games.

BTW did you see my thread with various unused music from the LOTR trilogy restored to the film?

In case you did not, here is the Google video folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxQSwI5aPja9MmZjVHJFSDNQeU0&usp=sharing

to keep this thread on topic:

Beautiful cover ;)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 28 2013, 2:41am

Post #39 of 42 (64 views)
Shortcut
I glanced at the thread [In reply to] Can't Post

...but didn't really dig in. I've just been skimming most stuff online these days.

Other people have done videos similar to yours and they've all been deleted at the request of WB.

TheTennisBallKid did a really nice text work up of stuff from TTT and I prepared zipped sound files for some of them. So far, I haven't been served with the letter. :-)
http://www.amagpiesnest.com/...ttt_unused_music.htm

Lindele
Gondor

Oct 28 2013, 3:07pm

Post #40 of 42 (46 views)
Shortcut
I am in love with this purple [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been very anxious to see what the color for this film is going to be.

Several years ago I made beautiful dark wood poster frames and framed all three of the LOTR posters, and in the matting I including the colors of each film (FOTR - green, TTT - red, ROTK - blue). I have since made three more frames so that when all of the Hobbit films are out I can do them as well. I am loving the brown and purple so far!

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 29 2013, 10:11pm

Post #41 of 42 (23 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, [In reply to] Can't Post

I used that for my TTT videos (when applicable, seeing as it was made pre-rarities), great guide.

(BTW my videos are Google docs videos, not youtube, so I am not sure whether they will be taken down or not, though the links might be removed from the thread by a mod or something.)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 29 2013, 11:52pm

Post #42 of 42 (25 views)
Shortcut
I don't think they're too worried here, on the boards [In reply to] Can't Post

But I strive to walk a very fine line (on my website) with regards to respecting copyright. Negative attention from the suits could shut me down in minutes.

Doug won't allow links to videos like this on his blog and I did have similar ones on my site for awhile (with some serious reservations about how much trouble it would rain down on me) but I had to remove them all when they were all taken down at the request of WB. Now I just don't go there.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.