Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
does anyone else like the skull avalanche?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

star
Rivendell

Nov 4 2013, 12:09pm

Post #26 of 28 (184 views)
Shortcut
How about crystal skulls! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe if they would of been crystal skulls they might of looked nicer Crazy prettier!

Where are the rest of the skeleton bones?

Maybe the enormous amount of skulls was used to emphasis just how many dead there was, and how big the army of dead would be? for effect?

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 7 2013, 2:51am

Post #27 of 28 (156 views)
Shortcut
Sure, it's kind of dumb, [In reply to] Can't Post

and i'm not a fan of the whole Paths of the Dead/Army of Dead sequence, but it doesn't really bother me. It doesn't do much for me in the books, either. But the PotD look good visually, at least, so i enjoy it in that way i guess.

The only things i don't like in all the EEs-- which are the definitive versions as far as i'm concerned-- are all in the RotK EE: when the Witch King breaks Gandalf the White's staff (it was great to include the confrontation, and it looked sensational, but PJ took it too far); when Aragorn beheads the Mouth of Sauron (loved MoS, but Aragorn's action was waaay out of character i thought); and PJ's Corsair cameo (very poorly done and way OTT-- it completely blows any and all suspension of disbelief).

Elwen
Lorien

Nov 8 2013, 6:26pm

Post #28 of 28 (184 views)
Shortcut
While I really didn't like it, I don't think it's solely responsible... [In reply to] Can't Post

for ruining RotK EE there's plenty of blame to go around there.

photo Desolation-of-Smaug2_zpsc1584ee1.jpg
Tauriel: So let me get this straight sir, this Elwen girl is back on something called TORn, and rather than just tell her to stop stalking you, you'd like me to show up in a movie I have no business being in as a ploy to distract her, and nevermind the wrath of countless Tolkien fans who will be calling for my destruction?

Legolas: That about sums it up. Besides, some people might like you. Oh, and to be on the safe side, can we pretend to be a couple too?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.