Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EE Stills - Extreme Spoilers
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 20 2013, 6:32pm

Post #76 of 90 (277 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 6:34pm

Post #77 of 90 (272 views)
Shortcut
Looks like a wooden sword to me... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://livelongandspocker.tumblr.com/...ds-on-a-copy-of-the# Almost exactly the same shape as Sting.

Can't see how it could be a firework. Unless it's a sword shaped firework. Which, considering there was a dragon shaped one in FotR, I guess is perfectly plausible.

Either way, it just looks too much like Sting Frown

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Oct 20 2013, 6:35pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 6:36pm

Post #78 of 90 (269 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this EE is going to be an awesome improvement on an already awesome film.

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 20 2013, 6:53pm

Post #79 of 90 (265 views)
Shortcut
Another funny part after the Great Goblin sings is [In reply to] Can't Post

all the dwarves start criticizing the song! One amusing moment is when Balin calls out "That was an abomination!", to which the Great Goblin replies, "Abominations. Deviations. That is all you will find here."

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 20 2013, 7:14pm

Post #80 of 90 (254 views)
Shortcut
So this extra dialogue by Old Bilbo... [In reply to] Can't Post

is indeed in the extended edition of the movie?? Nice dialogue indeed!!!

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Oct 20 2013, 7:16pm

Post #81 of 90 (245 views)
Shortcut
methinks... [In reply to] Can't Post

it's a lovely little foreshadowing of his claim to sting later on... sort of a little easter egg... I don't see the big deal... and I think you're right.. it's probably a firework shaped like a sword given the context of the scene.

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Oct 20 2013, 7:17pm

Post #82 of 90 (237 views)
Shortcut
Too funny! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
One amusing moment is when Balin calls out "That was an abomination!", to which the Great Goblin replies, "Abominations. Deviations. That is all you will find here."

Also, it reminded me of this...

BILBO: "I do believe you made that part up."
GANDALF: "All good stories deserve embellishment."

Wink

I do think these lines make great commentaries on the canon debate...the latter more serious and the former tongue-in-cheek.

(This post was edited by Eye's on Guard on Oct 20 2013, 7:17pm)

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 20 2013, 7:18pm

Post #83 of 90 (244 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Does not look too much like Sting....

I think the first frame showing Young Bilbo is freaky, it looks like they CGI'ed some of Martin Freeman's features on him!

imin
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 10:34pm

Post #84 of 90 (184 views)
Shortcut
That does actually sound pretty good [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully this EE will raise the at best mediocre AUJ TE to a decent level.

'What's the matter with you?' - J.R.R. Tolkien

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 20 2013, 11:19pm

Post #85 of 90 (168 views)
Shortcut
It was a very good movie. It might have been mediocre as an adaptation... but no... [In reply to] Can't Post

even as an adaptation it was good, or WOULD have been, if it had not been ladden with diminishing foolishness, alterations, and bloat in the second half.

In Reply To
Hopefully this EE will raise the at best mediocre AUJ TE to a decent level.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

imin
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 11:20pm

Post #86 of 90 (161 views)
Shortcut
That is your opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is the one i gave Smile

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 20 2013, 11:24pm

Post #87 of 90 (157 views)
Shortcut
You didn't state it as opinion. You made it sound categorical. lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink And that is what I refute. Imin, are you going to tell me straight faced that the Erebor prologue, the Good Morning sequence, and Bag End sequence were not simply wonderful, right through Home is now behind you, the world is ahead? Come now, be honest? And while the goblin town escape had too much going on for too long, are you telling me Gandalf's entrance wasn't magnificent? That Riddles wasn't spot on? Minus the mucus, I even found the trolls and Great Goblin to be a fairly straightforward and plausible depiction of what we get in the book.

imin
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 11:40pm

Post #88 of 90 (148 views)
Shortcut
I stated it in the same way [In reply to] Can't Post

other people have stated their love for the film. I know they are meaning - i feel this film was amazing. But it reads as this film is amazing - them stating a fact when as we all know its opinion.

However praise as fact doesn't seem to get picked up on where as if one's views are more critical then it seems you have to always write imo, or personally i feel sometimes it is forgotten, other times like this i just wanted to see if someone would point it out to me - and as you did you win first prize (trip to anywhere you wish in M-e, lol).

I felt it was clear those were my views just as i feel it is clear it's always the posters view when stating this film is incredible for example and not them stating it as a fact.

For me i honestly felt the film was mediocre at best (i know, i know, shoot me, lol) some parts were great, but the majority of it for me was not that great and so it levels out at mediocre (mediocre btw is not me saying the film is bad). I know others disagree, some thinking it was all bad, others thinking it was all awesome. I could list the things i think wrong with it, but there would be no point as some you would agree with and others disagree - by this point in time - 10 months after film release, our opinions are pretty much set.

I will say i liked the good morning sequence and some of the things in the erebor prologue and my favourite parts of the movie were the beginning at bag end and riddles in the dark/bilbo escaping. I am hoping for more of that kinda stuff in DOS and less of the rest from my selfish point of view, haha.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 21 2013, 2:01am

Post #89 of 90 (125 views)
Shortcut
Fair enough, my friend. There were things I disliked, a few that I hated, and some others [In reply to] Can't Post

I could simply have done without, but on the whole I found it to be a very enchanting piece, though flawed. Of course, I found the Rings films the same, though their overall tone was more serious, as was appropriate.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2013, 2:45pm

Post #90 of 90 (88 views)
Shortcut
yeah, I think you've persuaded me Bomby ;) :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

"So your own praise will forever keep your name green,
Both here on Earth and on the stage of the stars" - J.G.Kittel, writing about the composer Jan Dismas Zelenka (1740)

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.