Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
That Scene That Gives You Goosbumps!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Elwen
Lorien

Oct 29 2013, 6:37pm

Post #51 of 53 (279 views)
Shortcut
There are lots, but the one that came right to mind.... [In reply to] Can't Post

was that scene in FOTR where the nazgul is riding into the moonlight and you see it outlined in slow motion. Not sure why, but that part gave me the shivers the first time I saw it, and for some reason not only captured the scariness factor of the Nazgul, but also the sort of pitiable fate they have.

photo Desolation-of-Smaug2_zpsc1584ee1.jpg
Tauriel: So let me get this straight sir, this Elwen girl is back on something called TORn, and rather than just tell her to stop stalking you, you'd like me to show up in a movie I have no business being in as a ploy to distract her, and nevermind the wrath of countless Tolkien fans who will be calling for my destruction?

Legolas: That about sums it up. Besides, some people might like you. Oh, and to be on the safe side, can we pretend to be a couple too?

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Dec 6 2013, 9:25am

Post #52 of 53 (208 views)
Shortcut
Many but i will pick these 3 only [In reply to] Can't Post

1)The lighting of the beacons (perhaps my favourite of the trilogy)
2)The marching of Elves in Helm's Deep
3)The Ride of the Rohirrim

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Dec 28 2013, 12:33am

Post #53 of 53 (202 views)
Shortcut
Many [In reply to] Can't Post

These will be so many... Just a few as I re-watched the whole trilogy two times already over the holidays. :) Not in the proper order:

The charge of the Elves against Sauron's army. Same with the Elves coming to Helm's Deep and their charge following Aragorn as well as Haldir's death. Overall, many elves scenes are unbeliavably touching to me. Including Arwen seeing her son and Elrond trying to convince her to leave Middle Earth.

Aragorn at Bree. The Ringwraith on the road approaching and later searching for Frodo as well as the Ringwraiths at Weathertop scene.

Rohirrim at Helm's Deep. Gandalf falling in Moria. The trees moving towards Helm's Deep and the march of the Ents. The "birth" of the Uruk-Hai.

"I come on behalf of one whom I love" from Elrond and him climbing the mountain to Theoden's camp in the night. "I do not fear death" by Aragorn on entering the dead's "palace". "This army!" when the dead followed him. Aragorn on his knees seeing the black ships. Faramir's last charge. Gandalf on Shadowfax, lighting up all around. "The Eagles are coming!". Denethor burning Faramir.

The reforging of Anduril and Arwen reciting the poem. "What say you?" Some of the Nazgul appearances but not all. Nearly every scene of Aragorn charging, especially when alone (respect for Viggo!). Aragorn's coronation and the moment he saw Arwen behind the banner alive.

There are many more, I just can't count them even.

Culinary journey through Middle Earth continues! Join us on the Main board for the renewed thread!

Middle earth recipes archive

My rambling on travelling, good life, food, wine and other pleasures

I believe

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.