The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
First images of Dol Guldur Lego Sets

daemoon
Rivendell

Oct 18 2013, 6:25pm

Post #1 of 23 (3492 views)
Shortcut
First images of Dol Guldur Lego Sets Can't Post

Few days ago we got their descriptions, now some german Ebay seller released some images. Not the greatest quality, but good enough for some speculation about the Dol Guldur plot in DOS...

Dol Guldur Ambush (79011) – Includes Beorn who wields an axe, two Gundabad Orcs with hair, one of which wears a shoulder armor. – ~$26.99

Mirkwood Elf Army (79012) – Includes Thranduil wearing armor and crown, two Elves wearing hoods and dark green and brown armor. There is another Elf with hair. There are also two dark tan Orcs and a Warg. – ~$39.99

Lake Town Chase (79013) – Seen before but there is are images of the set including the box as well as the minifigures included: Bard, Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield, Laketown Guard, Master of Lake-town – ~$56.99

Dol Guldur Battle (79014) – Includes Gandalf, Radagast, The Necromancer, and a tan Azog similar to the one given out at SDCC 2013, and two Gundabad Orcs with no hair this time but with white war paint. ~$79.99

EDIT: It seems the links are broken, so check from the source.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/.../ABARy/news/?a=88741

(This post was edited by daemoon on Oct 18 2013, 6:34pm)

Briar
The Shire

Oct 18 2013, 6:36pm

Post #2 of 23 (2707 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting these! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad that we get to see Beorn and Thranduil in LEGO form!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 18 2013, 6:41pm

Post #3 of 23 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... Beorn at .... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dol Guldur. In the book, Beorn goes back the wood clearing to check the Companies story out. Perhaps in the film, he's already aware of the problems, so instead accompanies Gandalf to Dol Guldur, where they are attacked. Gandalf and Beorn then go back to his house, where he tells the Dwarves they must go there separate ways. I think that could work.

Or, Beorn at Dol Guldur is the "torture" scene. We still don't know who the torturer and torturee are.

I don't think we will get any bear dancing. Frown I wonder if we only ever see Beorn, and no others Bears.

EDIT: What if Beorn is captured, and that's what sparks the Battle of Dol Guldur?

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 18 2013, 6:44pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2013, 6:44pm

Post #4 of 23 (2727 views)
Shortcut
Intruiging...suspected Beorn and the wood-elves would play into the Necro story... [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like there will be a skirmish or two in DoS, before the big battle in TABA. Interesting hints here...the Gundabad Orc with hair/shoulder armor is probably the original Conan Stevens Bolg.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Oct 18 2013, 6:50pm

Post #5 of 23 (2733 views)
Shortcut
As I said almost a year ago (possible spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

I still like my theory that Beorn was tortured by Bolg in Dol Guldur but was able (with the help of Gandalf or alone) to escape as the last of his kin.

BTW: Very interesting is this source. They describe the Necromancer as "black with a green skull". And that there won't be a Bolg in the last set but Azog.

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush
: This set includes Beorn with an ax and two Gunbadad Orcs (with hair), one equipped with a shoulder armor. The set, a ruin in Dark Grey.

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army: The set includes Thranduil with armor, crown and identical to that of Aragorn sword, two elves (Dark Green with Brown armor) equipped with hoods, and an elf with hair (without hood so). Elves are printed with shields. A Warg in Dark Brown and 2 orcs (Dark Tan) are in this set.
79013 Lake Town Chase: : As we know already this will include Bilbo, Thorin, Bard, The Master of Lake Town and a Guardsman
79014 Dol Guldur Battle : The set includes Gandalf , Radagast (with hat and beard) The Necromancer (Black with a green skull) Azog in Tan identical to the exclusive minifig of San Diego Comic Con 2013 and 2 Gunbadad Orcs , different orcs we already know and equipped with white paint war. One of the orcs is not wearing a shoulder armor, the other. No hair on the orcs. The set, a ruin in Dark Grey with a statue of a woman. No Bolg in this wave set.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

nhui06
Rivendell

Oct 18 2013, 6:51pm

Post #6 of 23 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Interesting pieces [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad we got some clarification on the pieces, though it is hard to make out what the sets look like.

- Originally thought the Ambush was on Gandalf, but turns out it was on Beorn. Does Beorn go off to investigate, only to be attacked? I find it hard to believe Beorn would go all the way to Dol Guldur; you think Gandalf will warn him about that. Maybe this is a flashback to explain why Beorn is the last of his kind?

- The Battle of Dol Guldur is actually the ambush of Gandalf (misleading IMO). Here we see the orcs attack Gandalf and Raddy. What comes out of it, we do not know. What is pretty much confirmed is that the White Council is NOT involved in this movie (otherwise this battle will probably have them in here). We also see there are more Gundabad orcs in Dol Guldur, which means Azog's crew does reside in Dol Guldur.

Remus
Lorien

Oct 18 2013, 6:55pm

Post #7 of 23 (2694 views)
Shortcut
Im so happy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Necromancer confirmed for this movie. Absolutely. I am so happy! Smile

But these images are so small it's so annoying. Come on. I wanna get a better picture of the Necromancer. I only see a black figure.

But i really wanna see that, i wanna see that scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dûr and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

Elutherian
Rohan

Oct 18 2013, 9:27pm

Post #8 of 23 (2559 views)
Shortcut
No Bolg? [In reply to] Can't Post

That sucks.

The Grey Pilgrim, they once called me. Three hundred lives of men I walked this earth, and now I have no time...

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 18 2013, 11:25pm

Post #9 of 23 (2575 views)
Shortcut
Meh... I hope they don''t leave out the Nazgul, and I hope they do not undermine Gandalf OR Sauron. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Nazgul, beaten back by Gandalf in an Amon Sul like scene, accomplishes both. Gandalf shows forth his power against a known terror from the prior trilogy, yet Sauron remains off canvas, or just in the background, until the entire Council comes forth to face him.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 19 2013, 11:13am

Post #10 of 23 (2564 views)
Shortcut
I believe Beorn might actually go to Dol Guldur.. [In reply to] Can't Post

because the Dos Annual mentioned that Beorn knows of the Necromancer, so Beorn might have ambushed Dol Guldur alone and then retreated, which could be shown with a flashback.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 19 2013, 1:33pm

Post #11 of 23 (2426 views)
Shortcut
Better pic of Beorn as Lego [In reply to] Can't Post

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/79011_Dol_Guldur_Ambush?file=Dol_guldur_ambush.jpg
" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Náron the Dwarf
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 2:05pm

Post #12 of 23 (2443 views)
Shortcut
New Hi-Res pics! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are some Hi-Res versions of the pics discussed above:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/10359596075_f98cec2164_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/10359791033_d775f83042_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2845/10359599104_66ab5ff670_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/10359601476_016ae75f2b_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2880/10359600596_0b5da074d0_o.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2822/10359596824_c12b17217f_o.jpg

This is my first time posting with links, so you might have to copy/paste them into your browser.

I am very intrigued by the Necromancer minfig, he seems to be howling and have a light-green head & chest. The Dol Guldur set also confirms Azog's correlation of some sort with the Necromancer.

I hope you find the images useful!

-Náron

My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/automatonpictures/

daemoon
Rivendell

Oct 19 2013, 2:34pm

Post #13 of 23 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn actually looks pretty cool

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 2:52pm

Post #14 of 23 (2416 views)
Shortcut
Beorn at Dol Guldur is one thing. But what's Azog doing there?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Shouldn't he be chasing Thorin? Or maybe he really is after Gandalf.

Also how is there not a Smaug Lego set?!

Undermäki
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 2:54pm

Post #15 of 23 (2384 views)
Shortcut
Detective Gandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/...824_c12b17217f_o.jpg

It seems like Detective Gandalf has possibly stumbled upon something gold under that statue (the same statue from the new banner?) in the bottom-leftish part of this picture. Could this be Thrain's ring? Interesting that there would be this stand-alone statue part of the lego set.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 3:05pm

Post #16 of 23 (2361 views)
Shortcut
Apparently that statue is holding a palantir // [In reply to] Can't Post

Náron the Dwarf
The Shire

Oct 19 2013, 3:16pm

Post #17 of 23 (2386 views)
Shortcut
LEGO Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

It's rumored that LEGO will make a Smaug set next year, to go with There and Back Again.

Hope that helps!

My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/automatonpictures/

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 3:32pm

Post #18 of 23 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. Hope it comes with lots of gold coins! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2013, 4:59pm

Post #19 of 23 (2354 views)
Shortcut
Necromancer seems like he's going to actually be a Nazgulish-Cumberbatch... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool. Also, yep, that statue from the recent banner holding an orb/palantir is present, so it is in fact significant in some way.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Oct 19 2013, 5:00pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 11:59pm

Post #20 of 23 (2262 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna be broke [In reply to] Can't Post

These movies are gonna break me.

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Oct 20 2013, 12:08am

Post #21 of 23 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Mirkwood Spider escape and Barrel Escape sets [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hobbit-Escape-Mirkwood-Spiders/dp/B009TCYJT8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382227553&sr=8-5&keywords=lego+the+hobbit

http://www.amazon.com/Exclusive-Hobbit-79004-Barrel-Escape/dp/B00AD4F5OO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1382227553&sr=8-7&keywords=lego+the+hobbit

I haven't seen these before. but I am terrible at following merch. Are these ones new, also?

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 20 2013, 10:12am

Post #22 of 23 (2242 views)
Shortcut
No, they came out as AUJ merch [In reply to] Can't Post

Back before the 3 films happened. I own the spider set, because I needed Lego Legolas Tongue

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Oct 20 2013, 10:18am

Post #23 of 23 (2330 views)
Shortcut
gotcha. thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.