Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tolkienia Times: October Edition
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 1:55am

Post #26 of 42 (132 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I snickered a bit writing that one...!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"Must be hands-on and not mind getting dirty in field with Research Assistants (RAs)."

You gals are such a bad influence! Laugh At one of my jobs I have go online to download statements from Medicaid, selecting "Download Remittance Advice (RA)", and it always makes me chuckle. I can just imagine if you could download him! Wink

Now you can chuckle at work a bit more Dernwyn!

And yes, that Download site might experience some technical difficulties. Shocked

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 19 2013, 2:05am

Post #27 of 42 (144 views)
Shortcut
You might not have noticed... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but she's signed on now! Smile Love her avatar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Oct 19 2013, 8:47am

Post #28 of 42 (130 views)
Shortcut
Dear DragonDNA, Inc.: [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Tolkienia Times Classifieds

Biological Research Corporation seeks and experienced Herpetologist to work in amphibian demographic studies and DNA sampling. Must be hands-on and not mind getting dirty in field with Research Assistants (RAs). Apply DragonDNA, Inc.

Dear DragonDNA, Inc.,

Please accept my application for the position of Experienced Herpetologist. I have over 10 years of experience conducting amphibian demographic studies, with a particular focus on population responses to catastrophic loss of habitat (due to forest incineration) in Plethodon ereborus, the Lonely Mountain Salamander. I have also spent several years perfecting techniques for safely extracting DNA from Draco incineratum ereborum, and the fact that I still have hair and all my arms and legs is a strong testimony to the success of my extraction skills. Most importantly, as you would expect from a very dedicated field biologist, I am always hands-on, and there is nothing that I like better than working with my Research Assistant and showing him numerous and creative ways to get dirty in the field, all in the interests of good science, of course. I do, by the way, expect that my RA will be as hands-on as I am, and a good singing voice is a bonus (especially when soothing a cranky D. incineratum). Every scientist needs a good RA!

Kind regards,

Experienced Herpetologist

Endor Dweller
Bree

Oct 19 2013, 10:52am

Post #29 of 42 (123 views)
Shortcut
I can't stop laughing :)) [In reply to] Can't Post

Dictum Sacculum just made my day Laugh and the entire paper is great fun!

Excellent job Heart

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Kalimac
Bree

Oct 19 2013, 11:24am

Post #30 of 42 (121 views)
Shortcut
Reply to Great Grey Wizard Fireworks [In reply to] Can't Post

To whom it may concern,
my esteemed cousin and I would be more than willing to offer our services as experienced and dedicated fireworks testers. We are both diligent and serious workers with the upmost respect for occupational health and saftey. We eagerly await your response.
Yours expectantly
Meriadoc Brandybuck

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 3:20pm

Post #31 of 42 (117 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like an excellent match...! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish you and your RA all kinds of pleasurable success and profound enjoyment in the field. Of study.

(I think the D. incineratum experience is the clincher here.)

Mayor Ethel - we have to put the DragonDNA facility on the map! Ro has to know how to get to work. Smile

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 3:23pm

Post #32 of 42 (109 views)
Shortcut
Why thank you Endor Dweller! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dictum Sacculum just made my day Laugh and the entire paper is great fun!

Excellent job Heart

Your compliment makes may day! It helps to have such a great team (take a bow, all Tolkienia Team folks!)

Those D. sacculums are just so charming aren't they? Their appeal is universal!

Maybe next month we will have some more information...Wink

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 3:26pm

Post #33 of 42 (110 views)
Shortcut
"upmost respect for occupational health and safety".... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
To whom it may concern,
my esteemed cousin and I would be more than willing to offer our services as experienced and dedicated fireworks testers. We are both diligent and serious workers with the upmost respect for occupational health and saftey. We eagerly await your response.
Yours expectantly
Meriadoc Brandybuck

Bwaahaaahaaa!!!!!! Very good Kalimac!!!!

Oh that made me laugh! Yes I know those two particular Hobbits are 1. prone to experiment and 2. *OH* so conscious of safety CrazyLaughLaugh

For the record, that would be a LOT of fun for the rest of us if they did work there!!!!! (So maybe they will get the job!)

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 7:07pm

Post #34 of 42 (102 views)
Shortcut
Name That Pun answers: SPOILER!!!! Only look if you want the answers... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. ___ ___ your weight around.
Thorin

2. ____ ____ gorn to ever get around to mending that sword?
Ara[gorn]

3. Has Bilbo _____ _____ on adventures again?
Gandalf

4. We're __ __ with you difficult folks, but it ain't easy!
Beren

5. I'm __ __ my eyes out over that Moria scene. Balin

Many Thanks to Mayor Ethel Duath on this fun game submission!!!!!

(These were tough! Great effort Kim!!! And of course you got the Thorin one right!!!!) WinkEvil

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 7:24pm

Post #35 of 42 (102 views)
Shortcut
Ah! Then we need a University, with research centers [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll get right on it!

What shall we name it?

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 7:30pm

Post #36 of 42 (95 views)
Shortcut
Investigate the Sackville-Bagginses for possible nefarious [In reply to] Can't Post

connections. Perhaps they have been poaching them for generations, hence the name!

Save the the Sacks (purses)!Mad
Angelic

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 19 2013, 7:48pm

Post #37 of 42 (100 views)
Shortcut
How about this? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://picasaweb.google.com/...wU_g?feat=directlink

Erlond U.? Galadriel College of Arts and Sciences and Mirrors?

Home of the Radagast Biologic Research Center which boasts as one of it's subdivisions The Saruman Center for Genetic Engineering?AngelicEvil

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 19 2013, 8:00pm

Post #38 of 42 (100 views)
Shortcut
BRILLIANT!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
https://picasaweb.google.com/...wU_g?feat=directlink

Erlond U.? Galadriel College of Arts and Sciences and Mirrors?

Home of the Radagast Biologic Research Center which boasts as one of it's subdivisions The Saruman Center for Genetic Engineering?AngelicEvil

Map it up!!!!!!!!!! AngelicAngelicHeart LOVE IT!!!!

(ROFLOL on the Saruman Center....)

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 2:12pm

Post #39 of 42 (80 views)
Shortcut
Just wanted to say [In reply to] Can't Post

That the Tolkienia Times thread is one of the most fun I've ever read on TORn. My hat's off to all contributors and participants -- 'specially you, Brethil! In honor of the Times' auspicious launch: (* doffs Radagastesque chapeau and releases flock of chirping thrushes who assemble themselves in the sky to spell "Awesome!"*)

And thus Tolkienia also debuts its home-grown brand of Twitter. Wink

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 2:21pm

Post #40 of 42 (76 views)
Shortcut
The one thing missing are comics! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perchance we could import some of PeckishOwl's Oakentoons ...?

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Oct 21 2013, 2:25pm

Post #41 of 42 (77 views)
Shortcut
Love this, Ro!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 22 2013, 10:03pm

Post #42 of 42 (106 views)
Shortcut
Why thank you Grey Elf!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That the Tolkienia Times thread is one of the most fun I've ever read on TORn. My hat's off to all contributors and participants -- 'specially you, Brethil! In honor of the Times' auspicious launch: (* doffs Radagastesque chapeau and releases flock of chirping thrushes who assemble themselves in the sky to spell "Awesome!"*)

And thus Tolkienia also debuts its home-grown brand of Twitter. Wink

Oh, those thrushes were amazing! I didn't know you were a Bird Whisperer!!!! Cool

Really glad you enjoyed it!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.