Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Delete post about India in OT

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 12 2013, 4:12pm

Post #1 of 5 (166 views)
Shortcut
Delete post about India in OT Can't Post

The hurricane hit, it's still bad but an update JUSTcame in about people were evacuated. It's still bad but won't be a catastrophe. This just hit the wires literally right after my post. Thanks.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 12 2013, 4:43pm

Post #2 of 5 (156 views)
Shortcut
Done [In reply to] Can't Post

Good news that it's not supposed to be as bad as they originally thought. It *has* been in the news, so I think more Americans know about it than you might suspect.

Oh, and it's Earl. Wink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 13 2013, 9:53pm

Post #3 of 5 (94 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes--Earl--I forgot where in India he was too. I think he said somewhere in the northwest. Which was far from the eyewall but with a storm that big they were bound to get some serious damage. I hope we hear from him if we haven't already.

*Sigh* I just got my computer back, and giving it all sorts of TLC. Amazing how this little machine has become such a part of my life. Like it was a kid. And now you have to spend as much money on its maintenance as on a kid's, too. Evil

BTW--it was around this date 4 yrs ago that we met in NYC for the FOTR Radio City Hall Symphony. I wish there could have been an ROTK Symphony but maybe their budget has been hit that much? In any case I miss everybody....hope you are well!

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Oct 13 2013, 9:56pm)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 13 2013, 11:29pm

Post #4 of 5 (112 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Earl's currently in the US and has been too busy to spend as much time on TORn as he'd like lately. No need to worry about him if he doesn't check in about this. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2013, 4:51pm

Post #5 of 5 (75 views)
Shortcut
Good to know [In reply to] Can't Post

Is he just here on business or has he immigrated? It's good to know he's keeping in touch with us even though TH may not be so much on his mind. Thanks for that, Silverlode, and here's hoping he finds a Line Party no matter what he's up to!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.