Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
We maybe making the Same mistake over & over..

Bombadil
Valinor

Oct 13 2013, 3:03pm

Views: 58
Shortcut
We maybe making the Same mistake over & over.. [In reply to] Can't Post

We keep Humanizing Dwarves & Hobbits
Their priorities aren't the same as ours.

Many Dwarve women exit Erebor
duing the Assault by Smaug,
and in the Town of Dale we see really cute ones
"Selling Buttons at the Door" (Bomby had to throw that in.:)

Hobbits? now, REALLY, Bilbo (Confirmed Bachelor?)
Frodo (Confirmed Bachelor! TOO)

Well, as it was said on Seinfield..
"Not that there is anything WRONG with That"

Bomby would rather not think about sex when
THIS is About WAR!

Bomby's Theory was that Bilbo was in love as a Youth
but She married someone else, and so he just stopped
thinking that anyone else could replace her.
(That happens all the time.)

Frodo was considered Barely an Adult @ 33, I Think?
So their Timeframe for getting married was really long.

After the War,
He was probably experiencing Post Tramatic Stress syndrome
maybe having Bad dreams, feeling Damaged (His Finger?)
He could have become a Recluse then. Only venturing out to the Market,
and WAS sorta Shunned by the neighbors.

Now, the Marriage of SAM was a big deal in Both The Book & Movies
..so it seems that Frodo was probably the Best babysitter for his kids,
and That is enough to turn some people OFF to having children?

even though, Bomby thinks Eleanor Gamgee was probably the Sweetest thing Ever!

Subject User Time
Are Middle-earth adventures only for bachelors? News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Oct 11 2013, 5:15am
    Thorin and Company Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 11 2013, 12:00pm
        Gloin and Bombur are the only dwarves that are married, according to the character bios... DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Oct 11 2013, 12:42pm
        Also Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Oct 11 2013, 2:07pm
            Aragorn Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 11 2013, 6:44pm
                There is also Galadrial and Celeborn patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Oct 11 2013, 8:35pm
                    Do Galadriel and Celeborn count as adventurers? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 12 2013, 12:23pm
    Funny timing, this The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf Oct 11 2013, 1:11pm
        Bard's a little different, though. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 11 2013, 3:27pm
        Bard Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Oct 11 2013, 6:42pm
    I just always assumed.... FrodoEyes Send a private message to FrodoEyes Oct 11 2013, 1:14pm
    I guess I should move to ME and go on an adventure Misty Mountain Hop Send a private message to Misty Mountain Hop Oct 11 2013, 2:12pm
    Well, I should hope that someone with family responsibilities... RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 11 2013, 3:24pm
    Azog, Elrond, Gloin, Denethor, Thranduil or Bard to name a few fathers Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Oct 11 2013, 8:44pm
        Its obviously really bad luck Adanel Send a private message to Adanel Oct 11 2013, 11:38pm
            Perhaps Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Oct 12 2013, 1:43am
    "Won't somebody please think of the children?" Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Oct 12 2013, 7:05am
    Yes and No IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Oct 12 2013, 3:19pm
    Apologies to mods .. I meant to direct that to the RR! // Demosthenes Send a private message to Demosthenes Oct 13 2013, 2:10am
        We maybe making the Same mistake over & over.. Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Oct 13 2013, 3:03pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.