Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Picture of Ori, Dori, Nori and...

Fleuz
Lorien

Oct 8 2013, 8:30am

Post #1 of 7 (966 views)
Shortcut
New Picture of Ori, Dori, Nori and... Can't Post

maybe Thorin on the left.

Could be around Beorn's area.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...zg1qmez1jo1_1280.jpg

Lost Hobbit
Rivendell

Oct 8 2013, 8:43am

Post #2 of 7 (507 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember this one, I saw it at least 2 months ago.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 8 2013, 2:42pm

Post #3 of 7 (251 views)
Shortcut
definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

definitely thorin on the left.

i love that coat. i really should have that coat.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 8 2013, 4:13pm

Post #4 of 7 (242 views)
Shortcut
I believe this is Thorin from that picture [In reply to] Can't Post

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/.../11/hbt-033314r1.jpg
... or at least, same setting, different pose Laugh.

But yes, this has been posted a while back ... still, thanks for sharing!

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 8 2013, 5:19pm

Post #5 of 7 (229 views)
Shortcut
these pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

call to mind that the dwarves will lose their clothes after thranduil's halls. it seems rather low and unworthy of the elves to literally strip them. quite demeaning.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 9 2013, 5:56am

Post #6 of 7 (80 views)
Shortcut
perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

They wanted to make absolutely SURE they didn't have any weapons hidden anywhere?

Or maybe it was because of the spider webs stuck to their clothes?

I would think it's possible to wash the spider silk off, but I might be wrong....

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Oct 9 2013, 8:18am

Post #7 of 7 (81 views)
Shortcut
It is not so strange to me [In reply to] Can't Post

if you are considering that they will be imprisoned. Prisoners mostly aren't wearing their usual clothes and in this case Elves might have taken their clothes to be sure they aren't wearing any weapon and give them some other clothes or Dwarves find them during their escape.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.