Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Theme Park Version of Middle Earth?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Oct 9 2013, 2:02am

Post #26 of 33 (189 views)
Shortcut
Very very interesting idea.... [In reply to] Can't Post

But after much consideration I think I would pass. The end result would most likely be.... Tacky for lack of a better word. Like most things in themeparks.

My progress so far on my walk to Rivendell
I have traveled 71 miles
I have passed Buckleberry Ferry.
It is 2 miles to the next landmark.
I have 387 miles until I reach Rivendell.
LibriVox.org

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Oct 9 2013, 3:07am

Post #27 of 33 (169 views)
Shortcut
I'd visit [In reply to] Can't Post

the attraction you have described, if one were established. It sounds "tasteful" enough to me! Wink Smile

And I suppose I could tolerate one merry-go-round, so long as it appeared to be properly Dwarf-constructed. The Mirkwood realm caverns tour, followed by the barrel rapids ride, sounds like it might be fun too. TongueSmile

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 9 2013, 3:14am

Post #28 of 33 (167 views)
Shortcut
I think we're on the same page, R_T. [In reply to] Can't Post

Also I'd like to have themed restaurants that showcase cuisine based on Elvish, Hobbit, Dwarvish, Rohan etc, and an area for retail based on the marketplace in Hobbiton, which would be a bit like a Renaissance Faire. Maybe 4D shows that immerse you in a chase scene though Moria or a ride on the back of an Eagle, for examples. Live shows in which scenes are reenacted, with combat choreography. Musical or dance performances by Tolkien-inspired bands or groups. Also an archery range and an axe-throw, dart-throw, and knife-throw , with prizes offered, would be good.

Especially the ride on the back of an eagle. Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 9 2013, 3:17am

Post #29 of 33 (167 views)
Shortcut
Hey Rosie, [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought you'd like to know that your footer image is displaying as the Red X of Doom.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Oct 9 2013, 3:23am

Post #30 of 33 (166 views)
Shortcut
I saw :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Fixed it now- but on this forum you can't check to see what it looks like until you post, so I have been trying to make tasteful and appropriate posts until I got it right. Now I am happy with it.

I am the Voice of Books photo Voiceofbooks.gif
Gutenberg photo gutenberg_blog2.gif Librivox photo PD-librivox.pngBook Liberaion photo Book-liberation.png

(This post was edited by RosieBaggins on Oct 9 2013, 3:28am)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 9 2013, 3:13pm

Post #31 of 33 (150 views)
Shortcut
One ticket for the Fell Beast, and 2 Crams on a stick, please. ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 9 2013, 3:23pm

Post #32 of 33 (165 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially the apples, to avoid being hit in the head by a ranger!Smile

And after passing the half-way mark in life, I'm happy to receive all possible grace from fellow wanderers at Ren Faires, zoos, and wherever else I'm likely to show up in shorts, with camera.ShockedCool

Eldorion
Rohan

Oct 9 2013, 6:23pm

Post #33 of 33 (285 views)
Shortcut
Harry Potter World in Orlando was a ton of fun [In reply to] Can't Post

I went there over the summer and it was like being transported straight back to my childhood. Cool Now, even LOTR didn't have quite the same impact on me when I was very young, but I would totally go to a Middle-earth theme park. Of course it wouldn't "bring Tolkien" to people, but would it be "worse" than the movies in terms of creating confusion about Tolkien's works? I doubt it. At least with a theme park, most people aren't going to have any illusions about whether or not they're experiencing an accurate version of the original story.

I'd imagine that advocates of serious Tolkien scholarship who are trying to get more University-level classes about Tolkien started would regret the continued "pop culture-fication" of Middle-earth, but honestly, I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.