News from Bree
Oct 2 2013, 12:16pm
Post #1 of 1
It's time to announce the next theme in our monthly Rewrite Tolkien contest, where you, the fans, can rewrite your favorite passages or scenes in the style of another classic author. We will select a theme each month, and then it’s up to you to put your spin on it!
Rewrite Tolkien October contest is here!
The theme for the month of October is:
The Hobbit as written by Edgar Allan Poe
In honour of Halloween, come up with a spooky short story or poem, using characters from 'The Hobbit', written in the style of Mr. Poe. Our judges will read through all of your submissions, and choose the best of the bunch. The Grand Prize Winner will get their entry read live by our own Quickbeam on the first TORn Tuesday of November, as well as having it published here on TheOneRing.net!
The contest deadline is 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Monday, October 28th. Please be sure to read all of the submission guidelines below and submit your entry to email@example.com.
- Contest is open to individuals worldwide, age 13 and up at the time of entry.
- To avoid duplicate submissions, please include your name and location on all entries.
- To qualify, submissions must be a minimum of 500 words and maximum of 2000 words, feature characters from The Hobbit and be in the style of the author/genre for that month’s contest.
- All submissions should be emailed to mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org with the entry in the body of the email. No attachments.
- No posting your entry on the message boards or TORn’s Facebook page.
- No profanity. We realize that some authors’ styles require it, so if you MUST use profanity, please censor it with asterisks.
- By submitting, you are giving TORn permission to reproduce your entry on our website or other formats (Twitter, Facebook, etc…)
- You may submit as many entries as you want, but do not submit the same entry more than once.
- Contestants are only eligible to win once in a 12 month period.
- Entries that do not follow these submission guidelines will not be considered for the contest.
llustration by Juarez Ricci