Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ramping UP the Epic-ness?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 2:00am

Post #1 of 6 (560 views)
Shortcut
Ramping UP the Epic-ness? Can't Post

Except for GoblinTown..so far

This really only involves 15 Characters...BUT

THROW in the Hundreds of Elves in Mirkwood
Another Hundreds in Laketown...

The Political Landscape has changed...
the Cast of Major Characters has Quadrupled.

Bomby is sooo pleased.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 2:28am

Post #2 of 6 (253 views)
Shortcut
Agree whole-heartedly! [In reply to] Can't Post

*claps for the production team and everything they've accomplished*

We're being taken on a tour of whole new sections of Middle-earth we've never seen before and I couldn't be happier! Evil

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 3:01am

Post #3 of 6 (225 views)
Shortcut
Finally we get to the business! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahh, new parts of Middle-Earth to roam. The adventure turns dark. Things get serious, and the perils of Faerie become more apparent, more significant. The depth and width of this verse starts to unravel.

And if now we can abandon the wacky weirdness of the first movie...

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Nira
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 3:33am

Post #4 of 6 (193 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

The trailer looks very promising and I like how they kept Bilbo at the center. They did a great job!

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 3:45am

Post #5 of 6 (205 views)
Shortcut
MOvie 2 seems to be the one that would be the best [In reply to] Can't Post

from the trailer, it really touches me in ways the first one did not already. Must be the extraordinary music as well! :DWink

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Owain
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 4:17pm

Post #6 of 6 (77 views)
Shortcut
Indeed, it is going to be Epic!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.