Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I just spent ALL day making a treat for you all!

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 10:45pm

Post #1 of 15 (982 views)
Shortcut
I just spent ALL day making a treat for you all! Can't Post

I made, and I am not exaggerating, 90 screencaps of the new trailer for everyone's enjoyment and speculation. Go here and enjoy! Smile

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Oct 2 2013, 12:21am)

tarasaurus
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 11:15pm

Post #2 of 15 (400 views)
Shortcut
!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just did the same thing today and posted them to the board! Lol I only made 39 though. It is a very tedious job and I commend you for making 90!! I made a photobucket account and just shared that link to the board instead of posting every screencap. Here is my thread just in case we have the same screencaps and you want to save time in reposting them (totally up to you of course!).

(This post was edited by tarasaurus on Oct 1 2013, 11:16pm)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 1 2013, 11:25pm

Post #3 of 15 (382 views)
Shortcut
TORn is posting 90+ tomorrow [In reply to] Can't Post

Many of TORn's have been lightened slightly to be able to see greater detail. But the more the merrier! Good advice to upload them then just link to the account (photobucket, etc.).

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 12:00am

Post #4 of 15 (378 views)
Shortcut
While doing my 90 screencaps (which I finally got to work) I noticed something.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the first trailer, we see the dwarves in the barrels sideways as they roll off the ramp into the water, and Bilbo jumps in after.

But....

In this screencap:

[URL=http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/tweetzone861/media/AMANDA-PC/DOS%20trailer%202%20screencaps/DOStrailerscreencap63_zpsdf840738.png.html]

I noticed Kili isn't in a barrel, and doesn't jump in until the barrels are already in the water?

Did he pull the lever? Or did it take both him and Bilbo to pull it down?

Questions, questions.....

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Oct 2 2013, 12:02am)

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 12:18am

Post #5 of 15 (361 views)
Shortcut
new link [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope this works...I really don't want all day's effort to go to waste...

http://s1328.photobucket.com/...ler%202%20screencaps

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 12:22am

Post #6 of 15 (272 views)
Shortcut
yes, it does...and they are lovely!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 12:37am

Post #7 of 15 (262 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic work! Bravo! Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Big thanks!

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 12:58am

Post #8 of 15 (290 views)
Shortcut
Well, here's a theory for you: [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel is fast asleep, full of strong wine of Dorwynion, with her head on the table, and the keys, courtesy of Bilbo, back on her belt. Poor besotted Kili can't resist it - he hangs back behind the others, plants a kiss on her forehead, plaits a silver dwarf bead into her hair... and nearly misses the barrel-boat. When Tauriel sobers up and has finished chasing Dwarves, Orcs, Bard and old Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all to Laketown, she finds the bead and is utterly mystified.
There, aren't I a soppy date!

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 1:03am

Post #9 of 15 (254 views)
Shortcut
Oh I sure hope not... [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas is in love with Tauriel...

Tauriel is in love with Thranduil...

Kili is in love with Tauriel...

Ok...I have been willing to give Tauriel the "wait and see" treatment, but this really is starting to sound like a HORRIBLE Mary Sue that everyone is in love with....

But hey-I am laughing evilly- because I called the Legoriel combo the second I saw them sharing the green screen animal in the sneak peek! Cool

Seriously, they would be wise to leave Kili out of the loveboat mix...or ANY of the dwarves, for that matter....

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 1:14am

Post #10 of 15 (237 views)
Shortcut
Well, I doubt it myself [In reply to] Can't Post

but Kili has been mentioned in the Middle-earth gossip magazines, so to speak, so it was worth a bit of mischievous speculationWink

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 3:12am

Post #11 of 15 (201 views)
Shortcut
Great work! Cheers to you, DarkJackal, and any other loyal, considerate Ringer who [In reply to] Can't Post

takes the time and effort to do these great things for no other reward than the joy and appreciation of fellow loreites and fans. Smile

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 3:31am

Post #12 of 15 (179 views)
Shortcut
thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is nice to know that my efforts were appreciated after fighting with technology all day Smile

Too bad the stupid things were so tiny....they weren't that small on my paint program Unsure

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 3:48am

Post #13 of 15 (172 views)
Shortcut
You are amazing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much!!!!! <3

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 7:58am

Post #14 of 15 (124 views)
Shortcut
It didn't go to waste [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the heroic effort and well done! Smile

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 4:51pm

Post #15 of 15 (80 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.