Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Post-Trailer: My guess of DoS finale

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 2:36pm

Post #1 of 12 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Post-Trailer: My guess of DoS finale Can't Post

Erebor-front: Smaug leaves the mountain in fury, attacking Bilbo and the dwarves who seem to barely survive - NO Laketown destruction

Dol Guldur-front: some sort of fight, possibly with the White Council being surprised by the orc army... or the orc army sequence comes after Sauron is seemingly pushed back, with the WC realizing it is too late to stop Sauron's rising. The orc army, in that scenario, could leave for Erebor.

Just guesses, of course ;)

Thoughts?

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 1 2013, 2:40pm)

Óintment
The Shire

Oct 1 2013, 2:46pm

Post #2 of 12 (520 views)
Shortcut
That's exactly what i think about it [In reply to] Can't Post

it is exactly what is was thinking about the end, that we can see smaug flying off to laketown angry

Pick up line: Are you an Ork, cause you make my sting Glow!

StarGodziller
Bree

Oct 1 2013, 2:50pm

Post #3 of 12 (479 views)
Shortcut
Sounds probable. [In reply to] Can't Post

Eldorion
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 2:56pm

Post #4 of 12 (537 views)
Shortcut
We saw Lake-town destruction in the trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess for a while has been that DOS will end with the destruction of Lake-town and the death of Smaug at the hands of Bard. The trailer seemed to be building up to that to me. And we saw Lake-towners firing a ballista (?) and buildings being destroyed.

Philippa Boyens has said that there will be a battle at Dol Guldur so I suspect that's what the orc army is there for, but that's just speculation on my part.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 3:00pm

Post #5 of 12 (499 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that could be a Dale flashback.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Eldorion
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 3:01pm

Post #6 of 12 (454 views)
Shortcut
On second watch, you're likely right // [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 1 2013, 4:38pm

Post #7 of 12 (329 views)
Shortcut
Whilst I agree I have to state once more that [In reply to] Can't Post

although I also agree that the "calm" Thorin/Bilbo moment would be a good way to end DoS - as Smaug flies off towards Lake-town, I can't see how that sequence could be over and done with in the first few minutes of TABA.

And if the filmmakers hold it off for 30 or more minutes into Film 3, it will look somewhat inconsistent that Smaug has yet to arrive at his destination (especially considering that film time is supposed to be three times as fast as real time).

So that's my main issue with the Lake-town sequence at the beginning of TABA ...

Though I also agree regarding the orc army in relation to Dol Guldur and leaving for Erebor.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

MEIGWIT
Bree

Oct 1 2013, 8:05pm

Post #8 of 12 (169 views)
Shortcut
Laketown will be the end (SPOILERS) [In reply to] Can't Post

It has been stated many times by Empire articles and by Phillipa Boyens that DOS will end with the biggest and most action packed sequence Peter has ever created. I would have to do some searching to find those statements, but I know for sure it has been said. This logically means that Laketown will be destroyed in a very dramatic and poignant fashion at the end of this movie and Smaug will probably be killed by the end of the film. All to lead up to the reasons why there must be a third film and a battle of 5 armies. The third film will pace out much like return of the king, it all leads to a giant battle and then a return journey home.

It is the little things in life that keep the darkness at bay.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 8:10pm

Post #9 of 12 (148 views)
Shortcut
Not necessarily. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug vs. Dwarves and WC vs DG could be incredibly action packed too. No need for Laketown being destroyed because of those interviews.

But we will see in December and can happily speculate until then :)

MEIGWIT
Bree

Oct 1 2013, 8:19pm

Post #10 of 12 (126 views)
Shortcut
True [In reply to] Can't Post

Very true, who knows? It just seems to make more sense to me for the movie to end in lake town, but... maybe not. I know I'll love it either way :)

It is the little things in life that keep the darkness at bay.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 8:36pm

Post #11 of 12 (131 views)
Shortcut
Thorin rises as king under the mountain/the five armies are moving towards the mountain [In reply to] Can't Post

-Gandalf confronts the Necromancer and is captured
-Smaugs attack laketown
-Thorin becomes King whel, like a provisional one before finding the arkenstone
-The news of Smaug´s fate are spread inthenorth
-The orc army is sent from Dol Guldur and not from Gundabad
-Bard in rage to Thorin joins the elves

TABA:

Thw withe council attacks Dol Guldur nowempty of the army, they drove Necromancer out and Gandalf flies backto the mountain to arrive just in the last minute.

That...or the Necromancer will go leading his army,to the north Crazy

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

(This post was edited by isaac on Oct 1 2013, 8:37pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 8:51pm

Post #12 of 12 (124 views)
Shortcut
Wow... I wonder what critics will call a 5 hour movie :D Kiddin'... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
-Gandalf confronts the Necromancer and is captured
-Smaugs attack laketown
-Thorin becomes King whel, like a provisional one before finding the arkenstone
-The news of Smaug´s fate are spread inthenorth
-The orc army is sent from Dol Guldur and not from Gundabad
-Bard in rage to Thorin joins the elves

TABA:

Thw withe council attacks Dol Guldur nowempty of the army, they drove Necromancer out and Gandalf flies backto the mountain to arrive just in the last minute.

That...or the Necromancer will go leading his army,to the north Crazy

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.