Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New DoS pictures from German 2014 Calendar and Empire mag
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 30 2013, 6:56am

Post #26 of 30 (155 views)
Shortcut
The picture is from EMPIRE's Winter Preview magazine [In reply to] Can't Post

Not November's issue. I said above:

The EMPIRE Winter Preview isn't worth getting. It has a small paragraph on The Hobbit (annoyingly called The Hobbit 2). But the article does say the film features the "poisonous Necromancer". Do they mean that literally, or metaphorically? Hmmm ...

I was disappointed. I was expecting a little more than a paragraph, especially since it features on the front page of the magazine. Unsure

tolktolk
Lorien

Sep 30 2013, 9:36am

Post #27 of 30 (177 views)
Shortcut
Next month [In reply to] Can't Post

I would imagine next month's will focus on The Hobbit, maybe with different covers like they did last year or a WETA special on Smaug and Bilbo.

This month is the Catching Fire issue, with just a small trail for The Hobbit, which has a few interesting details. In case you are interested, here's what it says:

If AUJ catalogued Bilbo's rise to acceptance, DoS turns him into the unlikeliest action hero."It's the sort of thing Peter and I have had a lot of conversations about, " laughs Freeman."When does Bilbo stop being sort of fusty, wussy Bilbo and when does he get to be a bit more manly, a bit more butch?" The answer is right now.

Act Two of Peter Jackson's magnum Hobbit will take us from the peculiar lodgings of Beorn to Erebor, the Lonely Mountain where Smaug has stirred from his slumber. All the while it's Bilbo, utilising his precious new ring, who rises to the occasion. Gandalf meanwhile has issues to resolve in the ruin that is Dol Guldur.

The talk here is all about scale. This is a Middle Earth reaching for the darkening skies, as trippy, funny and truly scary as only Jackson can make it - psychic spiders, the poisonous Necromancer and the archdeacon of dread, Smaug the Terrible voiced by Khan. If that doesn't give you a fit of the screaming mimis, you've got your 3D specs on back to front. IN A WORD: Dragon.

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 30 2013, 1:04pm

Post #28 of 30 (100 views)
Shortcut
Thank ya sir :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 30 2013, 1:05pm

Post #29 of 30 (107 views)
Shortcut
Good point [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't think about the December issue so much as I thought they might strike a month early. Thanks for the info :)

Silmaril
Lorien

Sep 30 2013, 1:14pm

Post #30 of 30 (118 views)
Shortcut
Nori looks really different on pic 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm surprised to see how long Nori's hair actually is! I guess that picture is sometime after the barrel escape (in Dale?). He has a proper Dwarf beard, after all.

NICE!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.