Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Mirkwood Sequence

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 10:40am

Post #1 of 6 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Mirkwood Sequence Can't Post

How do you think the mirkwood sequence will be?I think that the dwarves will be tangled and bilbo will kill the spiders and save them.Then the dwarves will be running through the forest, while Bilbo will fight more spiders. Legolas and the Mirkwood elves will kill some spiders and capture the dwarves. Bilbo will wear the ring and follow the dwarves into the Elvenking's halls.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 2:12pm

Post #2 of 6 (521 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

Is how i think it will play out.

Either that, or that the spiders almost kills Bilbo/Thorin and then Legolas and some other elves (Maybe Tauriel?) Burst out and kill the remaining spiders and captures Thorin and co and Bilbo follows a la book style :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 6:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (360 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel will be there because of the lego set

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 17 2013, 7:31pm

Post #4 of 6 (324 views)
Shortcut
One extra detail [In reply to] Can't Post

The shot in the trailer of the ring in Mirkwood.

I think Bilbo will drop all of his stuff, perhaps in a sleep or in the darkness and then after gathering everything he makes his way forward, remembers the ring and turns back.

The reason I think this happens is because at this point I think Bilbo has forgotten about the ring altogether. I think this is why he didn't use it in the battle with the wargs and I don't think we'll be seeing much of it until the spider sequence.

I do think that Bilbo's line "I found something" "what did you find?" "I found... my courage" will be in the early scenes of DoS, just to remind the audience about the ring. But otherwise it won't really feature much until later.

kbdiggity
Rivendell

Sep 18 2013, 12:56am

Post #5 of 6 (219 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
How do you think the mirkwood sequence will be?I think that the dwarves will be tangled and bilbo will kill the spiders and save them.Then the dwarves will be running through the forest, while Bilbo will fight more spiders. Legolas and the Mirkwood elves will kill some spiders and capture the dwarves. Bilbo will wear the ring and follow the dwarves into the Elvenking's halls.

I think you'll probably see Bilbo and the Dwarves get deep into the woods, Bilbo climb a tree, and Bombur get knocked unconscious by the forest river before you see any of that.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Sep 18 2013, 1:52am

Post #6 of 6 (225 views)
Shortcut
the eagles? [In reply to] Can't Post

wouldn't it be a little hard for them to swoop into the thick dense forest?

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.