Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
About that idea

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 16 2013, 1:16pm

Views: 61
Shortcut
About that idea [In reply to] Can't Post

When I posted that I thought that you were simply changing the current movie to what you wanted it to be, rather than starting from scratch. Sorry for the confusion. In that case, you could just use that moment as it is in the book. There is a similar choice Bilbo makes in the book when he has just made it out of the Misty Mountains. He does not know where the Company is, and assumes that they are still in the tunnels. He feels that it is his duty to go back in and save them, despite how hard his struggles in there had just been, and as he is discerning and just when he decides to help the dwarves out, he hears them in the opposite direction.

So you could just scrap my "movie version" that they didn't use in the movie anyway and just stick with the book in this case. Smile

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because Im afraid, and he gives me courage. - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

Subject User Time
The Hobbit revision thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 14 2013, 8:28pm
    We'd love to see it! burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Sep 15 2013, 1:10am
        Great point about the fire and the trees... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Sep 15 2013, 7:58am
    Great ideas! thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 15 2013, 1:19pm
        Just so you know thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 15 2013, 2:10pm
            How are you approaching the book? As it was conceived or what it became? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:16pm
                Malickfan thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 15 2013, 2:40pm
                    Hmm I'm partially with you... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:43pm
                        Cirdan and Glorfindell thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 15 2013, 3:02pm
            Regarding prologue or not... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Sep 15 2013, 5:43pm
            About that idea burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Sep 16 2013, 1:16pm
    A few things I'd change malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:04pm
    Only two major tings I would have done... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Sep 15 2013, 2:24pm
        No Talking Purse? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:28pm
            No, I absolutely hate the purse ;) Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Sep 15 2013, 2:28pm
                Don't tell DanielLB. malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:33pm
                    Maybe. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Sep 15 2013, 2:34pm
                        None of Tolkien's works are untouchable masterpeices... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 15 2013, 2:40pm
    I think it depends on the purpose of the rewrite. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Sep 15 2013, 2:34pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.