Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Prologue for TABA

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Sep 14 2013, 8:17pm

Post #1 of 12 (845 views)
Shortcut
Prologue for TABA Can't Post

Hi all. I have seen a lot of threads about the DOS prologue lately, so I thought I would shake it up a bit. What do you think the TABA prologu will be, if there's on at all.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 14 2013, 8:30pm

Post #2 of 12 (483 views)
Shortcut
If DoS starts with Thrain [In reply to] Can't Post

Then I'd like to see TaBA start something like what Darkstone suggested here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...o=ASC;guest=94131859

However, that would leave DoS completely absent of any Hobbiton scenes, but I guess we don't have to see it in every movie Smile

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 14 2013, 8:43pm

Post #3 of 12 (470 views)
Shortcut
I still believe (some spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

That DoS will end with Smaug flying to Laketown. Therefore i think, rather than a prologue, TABA will open right away with Smaug's attack on Laketown

The Grey Wanderer
Lorien

Sep 14 2013, 8:44pm

Post #4 of 12 (405 views)
Shortcut
It could also be a place for Bard's backstory [In reply to] Can't Post

if we haven't already gotten it. We will know him by this point and he has more to do in the story, so getting some history would not hurt. Not sure though if there will be enough there to fill a prologue though. Might end up as part of the EE instead it it doesn't appear in DOS.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 14 2013, 9:47pm

Post #5 of 12 (353 views)
Shortcut
Would love some Girion/Arrow/Dale/Bard stuff. [In reply to] Can't Post

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Sep 15 2013, 6:04am

Post #6 of 12 (261 views)
Shortcut
speculate AFTER DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

No offense but at this time its kinda senseless to discuss such a topic.
We dont know much about DoS, nothing certain concerning the prologue.
After we have seen the second movie we can figure out what could be a possible prologue for TaBa.
Just my two cents....

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 15 2013, 9:56am

Post #7 of 12 (209 views)
Shortcut
No speculating? [In reply to] Can't Post

But that would end many interesting discussions here ;)

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Sep 15 2013, 10:30am

Post #8 of 12 (184 views)
Shortcut
i thinl [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But that would end many interesting discussions here ;)

You know what i mean. Its just all very vague...

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 15 2013, 10:33am

Post #9 of 12 (179 views)
Shortcut
Its a lot of fun for many nonetheless :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Sep 15 2013, 10:56am

Post #10 of 12 (187 views)
Shortcut
I think greed and grief are important words here [In reply to] Can't Post

So IF there's a prologue (because I believe too that Smaugs attack on Laketown will be in TABA) than it has to be something that is connected with the BOFA or Smaug. I suppose that the Necromancer will be defeated in DOS right? So we have to concentrate on Middle-earth politics. Perhaps something that shows us the growing conflict between men, dwarves and elves before Smaugs attack on Dale and Erebor? Something that shows us why a conflict between them is predictable. I think greed and grief are important words here. It's very difficult because we don't know how DOS will end.

But it has to be something connected to the BOFA I think.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 15 2013, 11:40am

Post #11 of 12 (183 views)
Shortcut
I could see... [In reply to] Can't Post

... this prologue being the most "dive-into-story" prologue we ever had (maybe with the exeption of TTT, although that one calmed down right after the prologue with the Emyn Muil).

IF DoS ends on the Erebor-story-arc with Smaug leaving Erebor, I could see TABA opening with the story of Girion/Arrow/Necklace/Bard... with the images of Dale getting destroyed hundreds of years ago blending with the panic building in Laketown, as they see the mountainside on fire. Prologue and opening act could blend into a dark, action and emotionally powerful momentum, re-emphasizing the theme of homelessness and - via the necklace - the theme of greed, and foreshadowing the eventual "peace-trading" of the necklace of Girion and the Arkenstone.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 18 2013, 12:00pm

Post #12 of 12 (52 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I say keep it going [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been planning on starting a thread here soon also to "shake things up" a bit. Should be a fun one. I've been enjoying your threads recently Du Bekar, keep the odd ones coming! Smile

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Sep 18 2013, 12:01pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.