Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TIME - September 14

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 14 2013, 11:43am

Post #1 of 14 (226 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 14 Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 14, 3001 (S.R. 1401)
1. A waggon is spotted on the road.
(not from the appendices)
..."Days passed and The Day drew nearer... ...At the end of the second week in September a cart came in through Bywater from the direction of Brandywine Bridge in broad daylight. An old man was driving it all alone. He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat. Small hobbit-children ran after the cart all through Hobbiton and right up the hill. It had a cargo of fireworks... ...At Bilbo's front door the old man began to unload: there were great bundles of fireworks of all sorts and shapes, each labelled with a large red G and the elf-rune.

...That was Gandalf's mark... ...and the old man was Gandalf the wizard, whose fame in the Shire was due mainly to his skill with fires, smokes, and lights. His real business was far more difficult and dangerous, but the Shire-folk new nothing about it.... ...he was just one of the 'attractions' at the Party.
...When the old man, helped by Bilbo and some dwarves, had finished unloading, Bilbo gave a few pennies away; but not a single squib or cracker was forthcoming, to the disappointment of the onlookers.
...'Run away now!' said Gandalf. 'You will get plenty when the time comes.' Then he disappeared inside with Bilbo, and the door was shut. The young hobbits stared at the door in vain for a while, and then they made off, feeling that the day of the party would never come."

Light the Beacons: TheOneRing.net's Fellowship Fundraiser on eBay!

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 14 2013, 11:43am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 15 2013, 5:17pm

Post #2 of 14 (146 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 15 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 15, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
1. Gandalf is held captive atop Orthanc.
..."'...on the pinnacle of Orthanc, in the place where Saruman was accustomed to watch the stars. There is no descent save by a narrow stair of many thousand steps, and the valley below seems far away... ...I stood alone on an island in the clouds; and I had not chance of escape, and my days were bitter. I was pierced with cold, and I had but little room in which to pace to and fro, brooding on the coming of the Riders to the North.'"

2. Frodo's dream of Gandalf's capture he had much later in the House of Bombadil.
..."In the dead night, Frodo lay in a dream without light. Then he saw the young moon rising; under its thin light there loomed before him a black wall of rock, pierced by a dark arch like a great gate. It seemed to Frodo that he was lifted up, and passing over he saw that the rock-wall was a circle of hills… …within it was a plain, and in the midst of the plain stood a pinnacle of stone, like a vast tower but not made by hands. On its top stood the figure of a man. The moon as it rose seemed to hang for a moment above his head and glistened in his white hair as the wind stirred it. Up from the dark plain below came the crying of fell voices, and the howling of many wolves. Suddenly a shadow, like the shape of great wings, passed across the moon. The figure lifted his arms and a light flashed from the staff that he wielded. A mighty eagle swept down and bore him away. The voices wailed and the wolves yammered."

September 15, 1977
The Silmarillion is published.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Hamfast Gamgee
Gondor

Sep 15 2013, 11:23pm

Post #3 of 14 (128 views)
Shortcut
Thinking about it [In reply to] Can't Post

That description of the dream which Frodo had is not quite accurate. A man? Since when was Gandalf the Grey, an Istrai and a Wizard a mortal man? Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 16 2013, 12:49am

Post #4 of 14 (137 views)
Shortcut
Not a man... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but a "figure of a man", the shape which Frodo can make out given what light there is. Note that it is next referred to as simply "the figure", not "the man".

I like the imagery of the Moon seeming to hover above the figure's head, pausing in its rising. That gives me a shiver!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16 2013, 4:32pm

Post #5 of 14 (123 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 16 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 16, 2941 (S.R. 1341)
1. Bilbo feels the strain.
(from Karen Wynn Fonstad, The Atlas of Middle-earth)
..."Bilbo did not like being depended upon by everyone, and he wished he had the wizard at hand. But that was no use: probably all the dark distance of Mirkwood lay between them."

September 16, 3001 (S.R. 1401)
1. Bilbo begins sending invitations.
..."Before long the invitations began pouring out, and the Hobbiton post-office was blocked, and the Bywater post-office was snowed under, and voluntary assistant postmen were called for... ...a constant stream of them going up the Hill, carrying hundreds of polite variations on 'Thank you, I shall certainly come.'
...A Notice appeared on the gate at Bag End: NO ADMITTANCE EXCEPT ON PARTY BUSINESS."

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 16 2013, 4:33pm

Post #6 of 14 (107 views)
Shortcut
A spotlight [In reply to] Can't Post

for anyone who might see!!! *shivers, too*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2013, 9:16am

Post #7 of 14 (132 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 17 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 17, 3001 (S.R. 1401)
1. Bilbo party preparations keep him busy.
..."Even those who had, or pretended to have, Party Business were seldom allowed inside. Bilbo was busy: writing invitation, ticking off answers, packing up presents, and making some private preparations of his own. From the time of Gandalf's arrival he remained hidden from view."

September 17, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
1. Gandalf is captive atop Orthanc.
..."'Fear was ever in my heart for my friends in the Shire... ...I hoped that Frodo has set forth at once, as my letter had urged, and that he had reached Rivendell before the deadly pursuit began. And both my fear and my hope proved ill-founded. For my hope was founded on a fat man in Bree; and my fear was founded on the cunning of Sauron. But fat men who sell ale have many calls to answer; and the power of Sauron is still less than fear makes it. But in the circle of Isengard, trapped and alone, it was not easy to think that the hunters before whom all have fled or fallen would falter in the Shire far away.'"

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2013, 9:28am

Post #8 of 14 (110 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 18 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 18, 2941 (S.R. 1341)
1. The Company is still caught in Thranduil's caves.
...Bilbo continues to ponder an escape plan as he listens, watches and waits.

September 18, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
1. Frodo prepares to leave Bag End for Crickhollow.
..."Bag End began to be busy. Some of Frodo's friends came to stay and help him with the packing: there was Fredegar Bolger and Folco Boffin, and of course his special friends Pippin Took and Merry Brandybuck. Between them they turned the whole place upside-down."

2. Gandalf escapes from Orthanc in the early hours. The Black Riders cross the Fords of Isen.
(from the appendices)
..."'Those of you who know me will agree that I have seldom been in such need, and do not bear such misfortune well. Gandalf the Grey caught like a fly in a spider's treacherous web! Yet even the most subtle spiders may leave a weak thread.
...'At first I feared, as Saruman no doubt intended, that Radagast had also fallen. Yet I had caught no hint of anything wrong in his voice or in his eye at our meeting... ...He sought me in good faith, and so persuaded me.
...'That was the undoing of Saruman's plot. For Radagast knew no reason why he should not do as I asked; and he rode away towards Mirkwood where he had many friends of old. And the Eagles of the Mountains went far and wide, and they saw many things: the gathering of wolves and the mustering of Orcs; and the Nine Riders going hither and thither in the lands; and they heard news of the escape of Gollum. And they sent a messenger to bring these tidings to me.
...'So it was that when summer waned, there came a night of moon, and Gwaihir the Windlord... ...came unlooked-for to Orthanc; and he found me standing on the pinnacle. Then I spoke to him and he bore me away, before Saruman was aware. I was far from Isengard, ere the wolves and orcs issued from the gate to pursue me.
...'"How far can you bear me?" I said to Gwaihir.
...'"Many leagues," said he, "but not to the ends of the earth. I was sent to bear tidings not burdens."
...'"Then I must have a steed on land," I said, 'and a steed surpassingly swift, for I have never had such need of haste before."
...'"Then I will bear you to Edoras, where the Lord of Rohan sits in his halls..."'"

[league = 3 miles]

September 18, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
The Company rides to Rivendell
(not from the appendices-no text)
...Gandalf, the hobbits and Elrond with his company continue at their leisure on their journey to Rivendell as Saruman makes his way to the Shire.

September 18, 3020 (S.R. 1420)
1. The hobbits adjust.
..."Frodo and Sam went back to ordinary attire, except that when there was need they both wore long grey cloaks, finely woven and clasped at the throat with beautiful brooches; and Mr. Frodo wore always a white jewel on a chain that he often would finger."

September 18, 3021 (S.R. 1421)
1. The family in Bag End.
...Frodo found himself watching Sam as he moved about Bag End, often with little Elanor cradled in one of his strong, weathered arms. He suddenly became aware that he had contemplated a hope, a presumption, that would comfort himself in his decision; but would it be fair to Sam? The answer was clear to him. He looked over at Rosie as she set plates and cups on the table and she looked up at him and smiled. Frodo smiled in return. "I'll fetch Sam for you, Rosie. Then I'll come help you finish with the table."

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 19 2013, 4:06pm

Post #9 of 14 (98 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 19 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 19, 3018
1. Gandalf comes to Edoras as a beggar, and is refused admittance.
(from the appendices)
..."'...[Gwaihir] set me down in the land of Rohan ere dawn... ...In Rohan I found evil already at work: the lies of Saruman...'"
...Éomer recounts:] "'Indeed since his last coming in the summer all things have gone amiss. At that time our trouble with Saruman began. Until then we counted Saruman our friend, but Gandalf came... ...and warned us that sudden war was preparing in Isengard. He said that he himself had been a prisoner in Orthanc and had hardly escaped, and he begged for help. But Théoden would not listen to him, and he went away.'"

September 19, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
1. The Company continues to ride toward home.
...Elrond and his people, Gandalf and the hobbits continue at their leisure on their journey to Rivendell as Saruman makes his way to the Shire.

September 19, 3020 (S.R. 1420)
1. Life seems to return to normal in the Shire.
..."All thing now went well, with hope always of becoming still better; and Sam was as busy and as full of delight as even a hobbit could wish. Nothing for him marred that whole year, except for some vague anxiety about his master. Frodo dropped quietly out of all the doings of the Shire, and Sam was pained to notice how little honour he had in his own country. Few people knew... ...about his deeds and adventures; their admiration and respect were given mostly to Mr. Meriadoc and Mr. Peregrin and (if Sam had known it) to himself. Also in the autumn there appeared a shadow of old troubles."

September 19, 3021 (S.R. 1421)
1. Frodo quietly makes plans.
...'"Little Elanor was nearly six months old, and 1421 had passed to its autumn, when Frodo called Sam into the study.
...'It will be Bilbo's Birthday on Thursday, Sam,' he said. 'And he will pass the Old Took. He will be a hundred and thirty-one!'
...'So he will!' said Sam. 'He's a marvel!'
...'Well, Sam... ...I want you to see Rose and find out if she can spare you, so that you and I can go off together. You can't go far or for a long time now, of course,' he said a little wistfully.
...'Well, not very well, Mr. Frodo.'
...'Of course not. But never mind. You can see me on my way. Tell Rose that you won't be away very long, not more than a fortnight; and you'll come back quite safe.'
...'I wish I could go all the way with you to Rivendell... ...see Mr. Bilbo,' said Sam. 'And yet the only place I really want to be in is here. I am that torn in two.'
...'Poor Sam! It will feel like that, I am afraid,' said Frodo. 'But you will be healed. You were meant to be solid and whole, and you will be.'"

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 19 2013, 4:32pm

Post #10 of 14 (88 views)
Shortcut
19th o' Septembarrr [In reply to] Can't Post

"'Twill be Bilbo's birthday on Tharrsday, Sam," says 'e, "'an it's sure 'e'll be passin' th' ol' Took. 'Tis a hunnerd 'n' tharrty one 'e'll be, yarrr?!"
"By thundarr, ye're right!" says Sam. "'Tis a marrvel, make no mistake!"
"So, Sam, me bucko, I wants ye to parlay wit' Rosie t' see iffen she can spare ye, so that we mates might weigh anchor t'gether. Ye'll not be able t' sail farrr now, belike."
"Aye, not so well, Mistarr Frodo."
"O' course not, but ne'er mind all that, ye can see me out t' sea. Tell yer wench ye'll not be away from home port fer long, no more'n a fortnight, an' ye'll be retarnin' wit' most o' yer eyes, legs, 'n' 'ands."
"Ulmo's beard! I wisht I might ship out all th' way to Rivendell wit' ye an' set me deadlights on ol' Mistarr Bilbo," says Sam. "An' yet, th' only place I be lustin' fer be right 'ere. Fair tearin' me in two, 'tis."
"Aye, thar's a good mate, poor ol' Sam! 'Twill be like that, I fears," says Frodo. "But ye'll be physicked. Ye're meant t' be solid an' whole as a ship o' th' line, an' so ye'll be, er I'll 'ave yer guts fer garters, wit' a wannion!"

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 19 2013, 4:56pm

Post #11 of 14 (84 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* That be a fine yarn, matey! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20 2013, 10:38am

Post #12 of 14 (92 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 20 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 20, 2941 (S.R. 1341)
1. Bilbo's luck is about to change.
(from Karen Wynn Fonstad, The Atlas of Middle-earth-no text)
...Unbeknownst to Bilbo, his plan for escape was on the eve of being called into play.

September 20, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
1. Gandalf gains entrance to Edoras.
(from the appendices)
...Théoden commands him to go: 'Take any horse, only be gone ere tomorrow is old!'
..."'...the king of the land would not listen to my warnings. He bade me take a horse and be gone; and I chose one much to my liking, but little to his. I took the best horse in his land, and I have never seen the like of him.'"

2. It's busy at Bag End.
..."On September 20th two covered carts went off laden to Buckland, conveying the furniture and goods that Frodo had not sold to his new home, by way of the Brandywine Bridge."

September 20, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
1. The Travellers are still on the road.
...The Travellers approach the moors leading to the Valley of Rivendell as Saruman passes the borders of the Shire.

September 20, 3021 (S.R. 1421)
1. Frodo finishes his arrangements.
..."In the next day or two Frodo went through his papers and his writings with Sam, and he handed over his keys. There was a big book with plain red leather covers... ...pages were now almost filled. At the beginning there were many leaves covered with Bilbo's thin wandering hand; but most of it was written in Frodo's firm flowing script. It was divided into chapters but Chapter 80 was unfinished, and after that were some blank leaves. The title page had many titles on it, crossed out one after another, so:

My diary. My Unexpected Journey. There and Back Again. And What Happened After.

...Adventures of Five Hobbits. The Tale of the Great Ring, compiled by Bilbo Baggins from his own observations and the accounts of his friends. What we did in the War of the Ring.

Here Bilbo's hand ended and Frodo had written:

THE DOWNFALL

OF THE

LORD OF THE RINGS

AND THE

RETURN OF THE KING

(as seen by the Little People; being the memoirs of Bilbo and Frodo of the Shire, supplemented by the accounts of their friends and the learning of the Wise.)
Together with extracts from Books of Lore translated by Bilbo in Rivendell.

...'Why, you have nearly finished it, Mr. Frodo!' Sam exclaimed. 'Well, you have kept at it, I must say.'
...'I have quite finished, Sam,' said Frodo. 'The last pages are for you.'"

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20 2013, 10:46am

Post #13 of 14 (101 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* Sink Me!! Wow! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 21 2013, 10:09am

Post #14 of 14 (107 views)
Shortcut
TIME - September 21 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

September 21, 2941 (S.R. 1341)
1. Bilbo makes a discovery.
..."One day, nosing and wandering about, Bilbo discovered a very interesting thing: the great gates were not the only entrance to the caves. A stream flowed under part of the lowest regions of the palace, and joined the Forest River some way further to the east, beyond the steep slope out of which the main mouth opened....
......When the barrels were empty the elves cast them through the trapdoors, opened the water-gate, and out the barrels floated on the stream…"
...For some time Bilbo sat and thought about this water-gate, and wondered if it could be used for the escape of his friends, and at last he had the desperate beginnings of a plan…."

2. Bilbo and the Dwarves escape in the afternoon.
..."…Bilbo heard the king's butler bidding the chief of the guards good-night.
..."Now come with me," he said, "and taste the new wine that has just come in. I shall be hard at work tonight clearing the cellars of the empty wood, so let us have a drink first to help the labour."

...…When he heard this Bilbo was all in a flutter, for he saw that luck was with him and he had a chance at once to try his desperate plan. He followed the two elves, until they entered a small cellar and sat down at a table on which two large flagons were set. Soon they began to drink and laugh merrily…. …Then in crept the hobbit. Very soon the chief guard had no keys…
...First he unlocked Balin's door… "You must follow me! We must all keep together and not risk getting separated. All of us must escape or none, and this is our last chance. If this is found out, goodness knows where the king will put you next, with chains on your hands and feet too, I expect. Don't argue, there's a good fellow!"
...Then off he went from door to door, until his following had grown to twelve… … At last after much blundering they came to Thorin's dungeon, far down in a deep place and fortunately not far from the cellars.
..."Upon my word!" said Thorin, when Bilbo whispered to him to come out and join his friends, "Gandalf spoke true, as usual. A pretty fine burglar you make, it seems, when the time comes. I am sure we are all for ever at your service, whatever happens after this. But what comes next?"
...Bilbo saw that the time had come to explain his idea, as far as he could...
..."...We shall be bruised and battered to pieces, and drowned too, for certain!" they muttered. "We thought you had got some sensible notion, when you managed to get hold of the keys. This is a mad idea!"
..."Very well!" said Bilbo very downcast, and also rather annoyed. "Come along back to your nice cells, and I will lock you all in again, and you can sit there comfortably and think of a better plan—but I don't suppose I shall ever get hold of the keys again, even if I feel inclined to try."
...That was too much for them, and they calmed down. In the end, of course, they had to do just what Bilbo suggested…
...…They soon found thirteen [casks] with room enough for a dwarf in each. In fact some were too roomy, and as they climbed in the dwarves thought anxiously of the shaking and the bumping they would get inside, though Bilbo did his best to find straw and other stuff to pack them in as cosily as could be managed in a short time....
.......Bilbo suddenly discovered the weak point in his plan... ...he was not in a barrel himself...
......Now the very last barrel was being rolled to the doors! In despair and not knowing what else to do, poor little Bilbo caught hold of it and was pushed over the edge with it. Down into the water he fell, splash! into the cold dark water with the barrel on top of him.
...He came up again spluttering and clinging to the wood like a rat...
......the hurrying water of the Forest River swept all the company of casks and tubs away to the north bank... ...On the shallow shore most of the barrels ran aground, though a few went on to bump against the stony pier.
...There were people on the look-out on the banks. They quickly poled and pushed all the barrels together into the shallows, and when they had counted them they roped them together and left them till the morning. Poor dwarves!"

September 21, 3001 (S.R. 1401)
1. Party preparations are in full swing.
..."The tents began to go up. There was a specially large pavilion, so big that the tree that grew in the field was right inside it, and stood proudly near one end, at the head of the chief table. Lanterns were hung on all its branches. More promising still (to the hobbits' mind): an enormous open-air kitchen was erected in the north corner of the field. A draught of cooks, from every inn and eating-house for miles around, arrived to supplement the dwarves and other odd folk that were quartered at Bag End. Excitement rose to its height.
...Then the weather clouded over. That was on Wednesday the eve of the Party. Anxiety was intense..."

September 21, 3018 (S.R. 1418)
1. Gandalf meets Shadowfax.
(from the appendices)
..." 'There is one among them that might have been foaled in the morning of the world. The horses of the Nine cannot vie with him... ...swift as the flowing wind. Shadowfax they called him. By day his coat glistened like silver; and by night it is like a shade, and he passes unseen. Light is his footfall! Never before had any man mounted him, but I took him and I tamed him, and so speedily he bore me that I reached the Shire when Frodo was on the Barrow-downs, though I set out from Rohan only when he set out from Hobbiton.'"

2. Frodo continues to anticipate Gandalf's return.
..."Frodo became really anxious, and kept a constant look-out for Gandalf."

September 21, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
1. They return to Rivendell.
(from the appendices)
..."At last one evening they came over the high moors, suddenly as to the travellers it always seemed, to the brink of the deep valley of Rivendell and saw far below the lamps shining in Elrond's... ...filled with light and song for joy at Elrond's homecoming.
...First of all, before they had eaten or washed or even shed their cloaks, the hobbits went in search of Bilbo. They found him all alone in his little room. It was littered with papers and pens and pencils; but Bilbo was sitting in a chair before a small bright fire. He looked very old, but peaceful, and sleepy.
...He opened his eyes and looked up as they came in. 'Hullo, hullo! ...So you've come back? And tomorrow's my birthday, too. How clever of you! Do you know, I shall be one hundred and twenty-nine? And in one year more, if I am spared, I shall equal the Old Took. I should like to beat him; but we shall see.'"

2. Saruman comes to the Shire.
(from the appendices)
..."You made me laugh, you hobbit-lordlings, riding along with all those great people, so secure and so pleased with your little selves. You thought you had done very well out of it all, and could now just amble back and have a nice quiet time in the country.... ...but you must go dangling after him, dawdling and talking, and riding round twice as far as you needed. "Well," thought I, "if they're such fools, I will get ahead of them and teach them a lesson. One ill turn deserves another."

September 21, 3021 (S.R. 1421)
1. Frodo and Samwise set out from Hobbiton.
(from the appendices)
..."...they set out together, Frodo on the pony that had borne him all the way from Minas Tirith, and was now called Strider: and Sam on his beloved Bill. It was a fair golden morning, and Sam did not ask where they were going: he thought he could guess."

September 21, 1937
1. The Hobbit is published.
..."In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."
......In the early 1930's, J.R.R. Tolkien found a blank page on one of his students' school papers he was correcting and wrote this first line of what would become one of the greatest fantasy stories written. Once a bedtime story for his young children, the Professor eventually penned his tale of the adventures of a Hobbit, Dwarves, Elves and a Dragon into a book.
...The first edition of The Hobbit was published by George Allen & Unwin, Ltd. of London in 1937 with 1,500 prints. To date, it has been published in 40 different languages. Tolkien's world of Middle-earth eventually expanded into The Lord of the Rings.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.