Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Interesting.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Sep 16 2013, 7:20pm

Views: 32
Shortcut
Interesting. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen photos of the Alluvial Fan in that area, looking pretty grim. Back in 1982 there was a huge flood there when a dam broke on a high mountain lake. It gouged out the mountainside and piled up there. Now, twenty years later, the trees are starting to come back. They didn't replace the dam, but I guess a lot of water came pouring down that channel anyway.

What makes me saddest is the Big Thompson canyon. It may be a long, long time before we're able to get up to the park again. It's a minor matter compared to all the suffering that's going on, but we used to go up almost every weekend, and it's hard not being able to.

I haven't seen anything about wildlife yet either. I suppose there may have been some casualties, but I would hope most of the critters were able to run to higher ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Subject User Time
Local report from the National Weather Service: "Biblical rainfall amounts" Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 12 2013, 8:06pm
    I am surprised the term would be used in an official report. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Sep 12 2013, 8:22pm
        I was astonished myself // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 12 2013, 8:27pm
        I think they meant the old phrase "of Biblical proportions" Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 13 2013, 2:01am
    Wow Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 12 2013, 8:30pm
    Saw a flood rescue on the news Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 12 2013, 8:44pm
    Oh no! We don't need that again! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 13 2013, 1:53am
        Part of the actual highway in, so far, Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Sep 13 2013, 5:12am
            I can picture it, unfortunately. I hope Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 13 2013, 2:48pm
                Here's some rather amazing footage Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2013, 4:06pm
                    Hope everything is OK at your place, Auntie NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Sep 13 2013, 5:00pm
                        We're high and dry here. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2013, 7:34pm
                    I just saw the extent of this on the Nightly News... Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 14 2013, 12:53am
                    That water almost looked sentient Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 14 2013, 3:14am
        The water is actually higher than in '76 Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2013, 8:06am
            That's hard to comprehend. I have a friend Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 13 2013, 2:40pm
                We're fine here. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 13 2013, 8:44pm
    I lived in Boulder for a while grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Sep 13 2013, 4:02pm
    I guess it's time to start building that arc now. // dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Sep 13 2013, 6:33pm
    I've just seen this on UK TV - Greenwood Hobbit Send a private message to Greenwood Hobbit Sep 13 2013, 8:49pm
    There are no words to express Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Sep 13 2013, 11:25pm
    Here are aerial views of my town: Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 14 2013, 2:18am
        How are you, Aunt Dora? Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Sep 14 2013, 11:29am
            Me? Fine. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 14 2013, 1:52pm
            Nope, I was wrong. Estes still is cut off. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 15 2013, 12:33pm
                This is unbelievable. Even with Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 15 2013, 5:33pm
                Just saw on the news Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Sep 16 2013, 1:01am
                    My daughter's neighborhood was evacuated briefly today, Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 16 2013, 3:15am
                        Glad she's safe. Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Sep 16 2013, 5:38pm
                            Interesting. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 16 2013, 7:20pm
    I've been thinking about y'all out there. Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Sep 14 2013, 11:45pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.