Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
AUJ Chapter of the Week (CHOW) Sign-up for September & October!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Valinor

Sep 12 2013, 1:54am

Post #26 of 32 (146 views)
Shortcut
That's the spirit! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm with you there. Wink

cats16
Valinor

Sep 12 2013, 2:34am

Post #27 of 32 (157 views)
Shortcut
Ok, first 7 weeks are accounted for! [In reply to] Can't Post

Big thank you to our future hosts for the first 7 chapters. We're glad to see people willing to step up--especially since this is a new thing we're starting.

Remember to throw any questions our way (cats16 and DanielLB) if you have any last minute questions/concerns along the Unexpected Journey.

For those reading now who want to host future chapters--you don't have a long wait! We'll announce another sign-up thread around late October as this round finishes up.

Thanks! *Remember, the first discussion begins this weekend!*

Smile

CHOW Team

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 12 2013, 2:36am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 12 2013, 7:09am

Post #28 of 32 (148 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to add my thanks ... [In reply to] Can't Post

What a line-up that is. Thank you to all the volunteers - I think CHOW will become a great thread for The Hobbit board, and hopefully we can focus our discussions elsewhere, rather than on Azog and Tauriel. AngelicWink

I'm really excited to see the discussions and questions you all ask.

We will remind all of a couple of days before your discussion is "due". Feel free to pull out anytime as well, if you find real life is too hectic. Just let us know. I'm sure we can find someone to fill in the gap.

Thanks all.

Smile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 12 2013, 8:12pm

Post #29 of 32 (123 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, but I got it covered! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Twas in the Land of Willows that I heard th'unfathomed breath
Of the Horns of Ylmir calling - and shall hear them till my death.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 12 2013, 8:13pm

Post #30 of 32 (168 views)
Shortcut
Azog & Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Um...focus away from Azog and Tauriel?? I was planning to base my entire prologue discussion around them. Unimpressed

'Twas in the Land of Willows that I heard th'unfathomed breath
Of the Horns of Ylmir calling - and shall hear them till my death.

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Oct 8 2013, 9:38am

Post #31 of 32 (96 views)
Shortcut
New proposal [In reply to] Can't Post

Chapter of the Week is a great theme for a discussion but I have an idea to make yet another weekly discusion regarding the characters in AUJ. For example AUJ Character of the Week discussion could look like this;

Everyone will pick it's own character that appeares in the first movie, open a new thread and create discussion about him with 7 crusial guidelines:

1) His development through the movie
2) Most heroic/ remeberable moment
3) Best and worst sides
4) Relationship with other characters
5) Prefereble style of dressing, fighting, eating, thinking
6) Future involvement
7) Would you change his role in any way

I guess with this 7 points we could create a very interesting debate about new and old characters in the movie and make yet another refreshment in our discussions. Perhaps this is not the best thread for my proposal but I didn't know where else could I post it.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 8 2013, 9:53pm

Post #32 of 32 (261 views)
Shortcut
I would post it again. [In reply to] Can't Post

This thread is stick-ied, so responses to it aren't as easy to find. Go ahead and make a new post and let's see what the board members think.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.