Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
An 18 year old Frodo was bad enough..

Darkstone
Half-elven

Sep 12 2013, 5:44pm

Views: 46
Shortcut
An 18 year old Frodo was bad enough.. [In reply to] Can't Post

...but 11?

Anyway, both were experienced and critically acclaimed child actors. And both have Frodo's cleft chin, though Wood's is more prominent.

I do think Wood's experience with Ang Lee in the preproduction of The Perfect Storm helped him immensely with LOTR. And then there's those "bright eyes" Frodo had. Still, he did occasionally drift into an American accent.

On the other hand, Radcliffe probably would have made quite an impressive Frodo in his darker moments. However, Radcliffe's difficulties with DCD may have made the grueling 15 month shooting schedule in New Zealand problematical. But he does seem to have the accent down pat. And I do think Radcliffe's manner might have made the Frodo-Sam relationship a bit more like that in the book.

All in all, a toss-up. Under other circumstance we might well be going "Wood as Frodo and Radcliffe as Potter? Nahh!!!!"

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

Subject User Time
What if: Elijah Wood had been cast as HP and Daniel Radcliffe as Frodo Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Sep 9 2013, 9:21pm
    Bad dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Sep 9 2013, 9:58pm
    Hmmm... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 10 2013, 2:32am
    nobody would notice the difference Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 10 2013, 6:23pm
    Dang, they look alike!!! Bellawen Bolger of Bree Send a private message to Bellawen Bolger of Bree Sep 11 2013, 1:13am
        Welcome in your new identity Bellawen! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 12 2013, 4:45pm
    Oh, thank goodness THAT didn't happen. Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 11 2013, 11:45am
        I think both are pretty crappy actors Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 11 2013, 12:24pm
    Same difference, no? Misto Send a private message to Misto Sep 12 2013, 4:35pm
        I think there are differences. At least, from what I have seen Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Sep 12 2013, 4:52pm
    An 18 year old Frodo was bad enough.. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 12 2013, 5:44pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.