Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What movies (et. al.) did you watch last weekend?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 11 2013, 7:31pm

Post #26 of 33 (83 views)
Shortcut
Awww, I liked film two. [In reply to] Can't Post

The design of the Necromonger's ships and their trails in space were trippy. (The story was pretty good too.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 11 2013, 7:52pm

Post #27 of 33 (77 views)
Shortcut
Design was great, agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Villain was weak, Kira was awful, way to ruin the character from PB (known back then as Jack). They crammed up too much in one movie, kind of like when someone has bigger idea for several movies, isn't sure if first one will do well, and squeezes the whole tirlogy into 1 movie.

They did say they want to pursue Underverse storyline (briefly mentioned in the second) in the fourth movie. Since Riddick was relatively cheap, it should be profitable even with unimpressive opening, which could get another sequel grenelit. Problem is, second couldn't keep the budget down so quesiton is whether fourth would considering ties with second. Riddick is obivously not crossing over to mainstream unlike Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones,Bond, just to name a few characters. He's a niche.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Sep 11 2013, 7:56pm)

Bellawen Bolger of Bree
The Shire

Sep 14 2013, 12:41am

Post #28 of 33 (51 views)
Shortcut
Star Trek: Into Darkness [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed this in the theaters, so I was quite glad to finally get a chance to redbox it last night. I really liked how certain parts reminded me of the original series, even though I never watched the original series!! Some things are just so ingrained in the culture, you just know them. Like the first time I saw Casablanca, I'd seen so many parodys and copycats (like a Bugs Bunny episode) that I felt like I knew the movie already.

I've only seen the second to last Broadchurch! Don't give anything away yet! I thought it was a bit boring in the beginning and depressing, but it is just now getting good. Shame to hear the ending will be a letdown!
I love Endeavor. I never saw Inspecor Morse, though I've read one of the books, but I was a big fan of Inspector Lewis and anxious to see how this one would be. I really think Fred Thursday is my favorite. I miss Lewis and Hathaway! I have only seen the last two years of it, so I'm going to get series 1-5 one of these days and sit down and have a marathon.

Patty
Immortal

Sep 14 2013, 12:58am

Post #29 of 33 (48 views)
Shortcut
I've been spending a lot of time with videos on youtube... [In reply to] Can't Post

and also with the ever wonderful British version of Who Do You Think You Are. There are so many more celebrities I hope are profiled, but often people are pretty private, and don't want, for example, everyone to know that one of their ancestors was a bigamist or something like that.

Permanent address: Into the West

Nunilo
Bree

Sep 14 2013, 2:30am

Post #30 of 33 (45 views)
Shortcut
I hope you enjoy it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It might just be me who didn't like the ending- I hope I haven't spoilt it for you in any way. Let me know what you think of it!

I love watching Lewis as well. I've watched all of it except for the final series, which I missed on TV. I'm currently waiting for the DVD. Hathaway was a great character. I'm sad that Lewis is finished now but at least I have Endeavour to look forward to. Smile

batik
Tol Eressea

Sep 14 2013, 8:52pm

Post #31 of 33 (29 views)
Shortcut
Keeping up with.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hell on Wheels....an AMC series in its 3rd season. Still going strong. Enjoying the development of the primary characters as they make their ways thru the post Civil War/expansion of the West times.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 14 2013, 9:14pm

Post #32 of 33 (27 views)
Shortcut
We've been watching the BBC series 'Ripper Street' [In reply to] Can't Post

My wife and I have both been enjoying it, We can't understand why it only got the one season.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 14 2013, 11:33pm

Post #33 of 33 (36 views)
Shortcut
Prisoners, Can a Song Save Your Life? [In reply to] Can't Post

Courtesy of TIFF. Prisoners is coming out in the States end of the month and it's a really intense thriller with top notch performances by Hugh Jackman and Jake Gylenhaal whose movie name (Detective Loki) induced laughs. But laughs quickly died because this is total suspense and Jackman is seriously incredible. I remember last year that many Oscar pundits were saying that his stint in Les Miserables would be his only chance at Oscars ever. Well, this movie's a proof that Jackman will continue to go places. He may not make the cut this time due to really stiff competition but the future is bright on that front. He should get tons of great opportunities on the strength of one-two punch with Les Mis and this.

Can a Song Save Your Life? is totally adorable romance with a surprisingly winning performance by Keira Knightley and unsurprisingly winning turn by always oh-so-charming drool Mark Ruffalo. I've never been a fan of Knightley and that may well be due to her conscious choice to take overly serious roles (that she never managed to quite pull off) in order to be taken seriously. Yet her strength is definitely in being sweet, charming and insanely likable like in this movie. Oh and she can sing too! Plus the chemistry between the leads is great, songs are fantastic so it's a really great time at the cinema. A date movie that guys wouldn't hate. Don't know when it's coming out though.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.