Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Your favourite musical moment in AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Arandir
Gondor

Sep 7 2013, 8:31am

Post #51 of 60 (400 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, I forgot about the first time Gandalf meets Bilbo at Bag End ... simply wonderful! Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

dubulous
Rohan

Sep 7 2013, 9:06am

Post #52 of 60 (385 views)
Shortcut
The eagles // [In reply to] Can't Post

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 7 2013, 9:24am

Post #53 of 60 (395 views)
Shortcut
Eagles [In reply to] Can't Post

All this talk about the music when the eagles appeared and flew the company to the carrock, really makes me wonder what Shore will do with the eagles arriving at the BoFA. Will he go for the same familiar theme we've heard in the previous eagle-rescue scenes? Will he use the same theme, but a completely different variation that we haven't heard before? Really looking forward to it.

Anyway, most of my favorite moments have already been mentioned. I loved the music when Smaug attacked Dale and Erebor, i loved the eagle music and the music in Goblintown (especially that bit where the company jumps of the swinging bridge). I also loved the Shire theme when Bilbo gave his "You don't have a home" speech at the end (you can hear it here at 1:36)

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Sep 7 2013, 10:40pm

Post #54 of 60 (356 views)
Shortcut
That's the one that still makes me hold my breath! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just so I can listen to it without *any* interference. I agree, that's the best musical moment if I have to pick just one.

Sizeable honourable mentions, though, to the grand rendition of the Misty Mountain theme after they leave Rivendell -- that moment when the shot switches to them traversing the rocky mountain ridge just before it segues into the Stone Giants scene; to the dramatic music as Thorin charges off the flaming pine tree; to the theme that plays while Gandalf tells Bilbo that all good stories deserve embellishment; to the exhilaratingly happy music playing as Bilbo bounds through Hobbiton; and to the music that plays as the Eagles fly to the Carrock. Did I forget any? Probably. But I love all those musical bits and every time I watch the movie, I lose myself in them. So happy that Howard Shore is the composer again for these movies; his score gives a wonderful depth to the movie (and I'm sure the same will be true for DOS and TABA too), and I really, really appreciate the connections made to the LOTR score.

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Sep 8 2013, 3:56am

Post #55 of 60 (339 views)
Shortcut
The beginning [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I have another excuse to view the movie again - need to pick those music themes!

But, even after viewing the movie several times now - that first Shire theme still sticks with me. I'm not the first one to say that hearing that music made me feel like I was going back (and yet onward) from a VERY familiar place. Yep! Made me feel like I slipped my feet into my favorite slippers. And it has stuck with me, low, these 10 months later.

LOVE all of the music. 2nd favorite is the "Misty Mountains" recurrence in the film. Hum it to myself all the time!

"Rivendell" theme - connecting back to LOTR.

Looking forward to new ones!

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Sep 8 2013, 4:09am

Post #56 of 60 (332 views)
Shortcut
I remember "Sound of Music" [In reply to] Can't Post

With the "overture" playing over the opening credits. AND it was the last film I ever saw with an intermission! (during the ball scene, Maria leaves a note on the table and flees - for those too young to remember the movie in theatres!). Still love my "Shire" theme!

Silwen_Peredhil
Rivendell

Sep 9 2013, 2:30pm

Post #57 of 60 (323 views)
Shortcut
So many great pieces of music [In reply to] Can't Post

From the film;
The music played as the Eagles fly over the mountains is definitely a favourite.
The music when Thranduil enters Erebor followed by the deep voices as the mood darkens is an amazing piece.
Misty Mountains Cold sung in Bag End really helped set the mood. Such a great piece of music. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they want to stand up and join in when the dwarves all stand?
The theme that is played when Bilbo asks Gandalf about the other wizards, their arrival to Rivendell and the music played when Gandalf speaks to Galadriel are all favourites for me as well.

From the CD I really like the music that is played right at the end of the track 'Brass Buttons' that I believe is played on the end credits but not in the actual film. It is really beautiful. 'Dreaming of Bag End' is another really beautiful track that really speaks of the Shire and Bilbo.

There are just so many lovely pieces of music. Wink

What's this? A Ranger caught off his guard?

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Sep 9 2013, 5:16pm

Post #58 of 60 (301 views)
Shortcut
You beat me to it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile
I love all of those themes - especially Thranduil's theme and the way it changes to the deep dark dwarvish theme.
You're not the only one - I leap to my feet the moment Thorin casts his eyes around the room (and I thought I was the only one Laugh)

I agree with you with there being so many beautiful pieces of music.

Ah, the 'Dreaming of Bag-End'. That track always beings tears to my eyes.
I especially love Bilbo's theme tune in the CD (in the 'Axe or Sword' track and the 'Dreaming of Bag-End' you spoke of). I wish they had kept more of that theme in the actual film (even though I am happy with what Howard Shore has done at the moment, and it is nice to "revisit" the themes from ten years ago).

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Sep 9 2013, 7:04pm

Post #59 of 60 (281 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely my favorite too [In reply to] Can't Post

I could listen to the Dwarves sing all day. In fact, I have. Blush

I do have a few tied for second, including "The Adventure Begins" when Bilbo rushes out of Bag End, contract in hand. So exuberant and excited! I also love the Eagles music. (The flying ones, not Don Henley.) I could keep going--there aren't many I don't like!

"It was just a sword, beautiful in the way of a weapon, with the jewels in the hilt set in gold scrollwork, and the blade glimmering and eager, as if it would fight of itself. Weapons are named for this; some are eager fighters, some dogged, some unwilling; but all are alive."--The Hollow Hills

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Sep 10 2013, 6:47am

Post #60 of 60 (288 views)
Shortcut
Great music [In reply to] Can't Post

Music is yet another thing that I simply love in those movies. The same was in LotR trilogy but also in the Hobbit we have some great pieces if not all of them. Perhaps my favourite musical moment in AUJ was Company theme as they were marching from the Shire across Eriador or when they left Rivendell to cross the Misty Mountains. Very beautiful peace of music. Of course there are also other great pieces in which I enjoy very much like the eagles for example or Erebor theme with all its variatons hearing during the whole movie. Great pieces were also heard during warg chase to Rivendell and in Goblin Town and the company were running out.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.