Sep 7 2013, 3:43pm
Post #27 of 27
Sorry for getting back to you all so late. But no worries, we have seen all of your thoughts (which again, are much appreciated!).
Below I've put some proposals--based on what it looks like everyone is in favor of--as well as some specific dates that we've considered based on your feedback:
- Start CHOW immediately, with a sign up thread for chapter discussion leaders being posted early this coming week .
- 1st week's discussion will begin next weekend EDIT: Yes, this means one chapter per week.
- ***need feedback on this one*** Chapter leader will commence the week's chapter with a post on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. <----- We'd like to hear your thoughts on this. The rationale here is that the weekend, in terms of posting, is usually much slower than the work week. So, the week's discussion could hopefully stay on page 1 longer, thus giving more people a chance to see the thread and join in. Thoughts on this? Do we leave it open to any day on the weekend, or should we specify the exact day (ex. Friday is the set day that CHOW threads will begin).
- The 2nd option on the original list (start immediately and pause around Dec. for DOS, and begin sometime afterwards when the board cools down) was easily the most popular option for everyone who has responded to us. So that's how it'll go, then. (This was our preferred method when we first considered this)
- Looking at the calendar, we're considering the weekend of Nov. 15-17 to be the last weekend for a new chapter discussion to begin. That would be the 10th week of discussions. We feel that pausing there is a good spot to pause, as TV spots--and all other hype for DOS--will start to flood the boards with new threads.
- It seems like the best way to move forward, after DOS, is to go by the "state" of the boards. By this, I mean that we can wait until the barrage of DOS-related threads cools down. This could be in late January, or sometime later. It really depends on the activity we have here over the WInter. But of courss, we won't surprise you with another thread out of the blue. We'll post a sign up thread for later chapters, and give you a decent amount of time (week or two) to remember to check in.
Ok, I think that's it for now! We would love to hear your thoughts on these proposals. I know that not all of you were in favor with all of these. But we did take your feedback into consideration, so don't feel that you were ignored. Please raise any additional concerns to these proposals as you see fit.
Based on the desire to start immediately (like I said above), we're looking at a sign up thread being posted in the Hobbit forum sometime next week. In the effort to give the 1st week's discussion leader a chance to prepare, I feel that Tuesday evening (US) would be a proper time.
Please consult the original list of AUJ chapter titles (in this thread's OP), so you can determine the specific part of the film you'd like to lead.
As always, PM cats16 or DanielLB if you have any specific questions/concerns about CHOW.
(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 7 2013, 3:47pm)