Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Some updates!

cats16
Grey Havens

Sep 7 2013, 3:43pm

Views: 91
Shortcut
Some updates! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Sorry for getting back to you all so late. But no worries, we have seen all of your thoughts (which again, are much appreciated!).

Below I've put some proposals--based on what it looks like everyone is in favor of--as well as some specific dates that we've considered based on your feedback:

• Start CHOW immediately, with a sign up thread for chapter discussion leaders being posted early this coming week .
  • 1st week's discussion will begin next weekend EDIT: Yes, this means one chapter per week.
  • ***need feedback on this one*** Chapter leader will commence the week's chapter with a post on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. <----- We'd like to hear your thoughts on this. The rationale here is that the weekend, in terms of posting, is usually much slower than the work week. So, the week's discussion could hopefully stay on page 1 longer, thus giving more people a chance to see the thread and join in. Thoughts on this? Do we leave it open to any day on the weekend, or should we specify the exact day (ex. Friday is the set day that CHOW threads will begin).
  • The 2nd option on the original list (start immediately and pause around Dec. for DOS, and begin sometime afterwards when the board cools down) was easily the most popular option for everyone who has responded to us. So that's how it'll go, then. (This was our preferred method when we first considered this)
  • Looking at the calendar, we're considering the weekend of Nov. 15-17 to be the last weekend for a new chapter discussion to begin. That would be the 10th week of discussions. We feel that pausing there is a good spot to pause, as TV spots--and all other hype for DOS--will start to flood the boards with new threads.
  • It seems like the best way to move forward, after DOS, is to go by the "state" of the boards. By this, I mean that we can wait until the barrage of DOS-related threads cools down. This could be in late January, or sometime later. It really depends on the activity we have here over the WInter. But of courss, we won't surprise you with another thread out of the blue. We'll post a sign up thread for later chapters, and give you a decent amount of time (week or two) to remember to check in.

Ok, I think that's it for now! We would love to hear your thoughts on these proposals. I know that not all of you were in favor with all of these. But we did take your feedback into consideration, so don't feel that you were ignored. Please raise any additional concerns to these proposals as you see fit.

Based on the desire to start immediately (like I said above), we're looking at a sign up thread being posted in the Hobbit forum sometime next week. In the effort to give the 1st week's discussion leader a chance to prepare, I feel that Tuesday evening (US) would be a proper time.

Please consult the original list of AUJ chapter titles (in this thread's OP), so you can determine the specific part of the film you'd like to lead.

As always, PM cats16 or DanielLB if you have any specific questions/concerns about CHOW.

Thank you!

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 7 2013, 3:47pm)

Subject User Time
Announcing the AUJ Chapter of the Week (CHOW) Discussion- Introduction Thread. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 5 2013, 8:24pm
    Cool Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Sep 5 2013, 9:05pm
    Nice! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Sep 5 2013, 9:44pm
        Sure thing! And thanks!! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 5 2013, 10:01pm
    This sounds awesome! LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Sep 5 2013, 10:21pm
    Really? Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Sep 5 2013, 10:23pm
        Sorry you feel like that. I think it will be different ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 6 2013, 5:58am
    Cool beans! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Sep 5 2013, 10:28pm
    This sounds like a lot of fun :) Nunilo Send a private message to Nunilo Sep 5 2013, 11:02pm
    Looks great! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 5 2013, 11:17pm
        I'll be there! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Sep 6 2013, 12:31pm
    This looks great Team CHOW! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 6 2013, 12:19am
        Thanks!! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 6 2013, 2:16am
            Now I might sound daft but.... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 6 2013, 10:24am
                Well... LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Sep 6 2013, 2:36pm
                    Sorry Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 6 2013, 10:11pm
                        Ooooh LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Sep 6 2013, 10:30pm
    Sounds great! Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 6 2013, 3:03am
    This could be fun... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 6 2013, 1:08pm
    This sounds like fun. Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 6 2013, 1:24pm
    Sounds great! The Grey Pilgrim Send a private message to The Grey Pilgrim Sep 6 2013, 2:42pm
    Sounds extremely fun Legomir Send a private message to Legomir Sep 6 2013, 4:41pm
        Count me in! Queen of Erebor Send a private message to Queen of Erebor Sep 6 2013, 10:08pm
            As with any thread... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Sep 6 2013, 10:33pm
    Nice idea, but... Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Sep 6 2013, 11:47pm
        What if we don't wantsssss to wait Precioussss! Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 7 2013, 12:35am
    Some updates! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 7 2013, 3:43pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.