Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
A question about lord of the rings posters?

Iolani
Rivendell

Sep 3 2013, 5:06pm

Post #1 of 6 (377 views)
Shortcut
A question about lord of the rings posters? Can't Post

I was looking at the auction going on for the pledge drive, and I noticed that poster of sam and frodo in osgiliath. (Very cool). I have never seen that poster before. That is my favorite quote. Is it a rare poster?

I was also wondering what are the best places to look for lotr posters. I know of a few places that carry some, but I'm hoping that some of you guys could point me to places that have a more comprehensive collection, where I might find some I might not have seen before.

If any of you have tips, thanks!Laugh

"It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And you didn't want to know the end...for how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But then you realize in the end it's just a passing thing, this shadow. A new day will come! And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stuck with you, that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories a lot of chances of turnin' back only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holdin' on to something."
"What are we holding onto, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!"

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Sep 3 2013, 10:13pm

Post #2 of 6 (235 views)
Shortcut
I would recommend [In reply to] Can't Post

Ebay. They always have a great selection of posters.

RangerLady23
Lorien

Sep 4 2013, 4:41pm

Post #3 of 6 (218 views)
Shortcut
I would highly recommend [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon.com.They rock for anything LotR related. I just punch in The Lord of the Rings in the search bar. Great stuff!

Iolani
Rivendell

Sep 5 2013, 1:06am

Post #4 of 6 (199 views)
Shortcut
Thanks guys [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

"It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And you didn't want to know the end...for how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But then you realize in the end it's just a passing thing, this shadow. A new day will come! And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stuck with you, that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories a lot of chances of turnin' back only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holdin' on to something."

Mat
The Shire

Sep 8 2013, 2:27pm

Post #5 of 6 (171 views)
Shortcut
Theatrical Release Posters [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are looking for the original theatrical release posters then you have a lot of great options. I completed my collection off eBay for WAY under what it should have been.

The official posters are 27"x40" and are double-sided, normally listed as "DS." There are a few variations of each poster to each movie with some pre-release teaser posters only showing one or 2 characters or a famous scene in the movie. Then, you have the official poster image, sometimes having an A, B, and C variation off that, as well.

For example, there is a pre-release poster for Fellowship where Frodo is holding the ring in his hand and looking at you. There is also a variation of the same poster, except in this one he is looking down at the ring. These two posters came in the same box out of 50 with the poster of him looking down every 5 posters, making that one much more rare. This one slight difference makes the poster worth a lot more to a lot of people and it's one of the rarer variations. But, you can occasionally find it really inexpensive.

I love collecting the official posters because there are a lot of them and they take up a lot of room... not to mention a really cool piece of cinematic history.

PISSING CONTEST (Heavy Punk)
www.facebook.com/pissingcontest

Iolani
Rivendell

Sep 8 2013, 9:26pm

Post #6 of 6 (228 views)
Shortcut
Thanks a lot! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your in-depth tips. I truly appreciate it! Really helpful.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.