Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
au contrare

Cirashala
Gondor

Sep 2 2013, 8:21pm

Views: 113
Shortcut
au contrare [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no idea if I spelled my title right Tongue

I actually LOVE the films, and get really annoyed at the haters.

Were there things I would have done differently? possibly. Were there things I would have not altered? most definitely.

I understand the book vs film medium dilemma and am not overly critical of AUJ, unlike many people on here.

If we got a word for word adaptation of the book, it would be so boring I would likely fall asleep as we get twenty minutes of dwarves walking and whining through mirkwood......

The one thing I hope doesn't happen (which isn't likely to not happen unfortunately) is the rumored romance NO MATTER WHO IT IS WITH.

And I am annoyed at Tauriel's ridiculous hair length....

But alas, I try to be positive. If I want the book, I read the book. If I want the movie, I watch the movie. Simple really Smile

Tempted to start a thread asking people to return these forums to educated, friendly, speculative banter instead of the mudslinging "i like it" "I hate it" "Your'e stupid" "you're an idiot" fighting that honestly sounds like 8 year olds on the playground....

You know, I just might do that Wink

Race is meaningless. We all bleed red-no matter who or what we are. What matters is the heart. For each race has those with good hearts and those with bad hearts. You have a good heart. You do not deserve to die.

Subject User Time
Tolkien design vs Jackson design Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 2 2013, 3:17am
    Perhaps we only saw part of it in the screen caps? Defiant Send a private message to Defiant Sep 2 2013, 3:47am
        parts Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 2 2013, 3:49am
    It will have been designed almost certainly.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 7:47am
        Tolkien drew Beorn's hall... Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron Sep 2 2013, 5:10pm
            Yes, I know he did, and the OP referred to it anyway, dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 6:34pm
                No need to reinvent the wheel... Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron Sep 2 2013, 6:51pm
        set Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 2 2013, 7:36pm
            True, they are... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 7:49pm
                au contrare Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 2 2013, 8:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.