Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Deal close on Lord of the Rings museum in Wellington.

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 31 2013, 12:12am

Post #1 of 15 (256 views)
Shortcut
Deal close on Lord of the Rings museum in Wellington. Can't Post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/...Lord-of-Rings-museum

Elizabeth
Valinor

Aug 31 2013, 12:29am

Post #2 of 15 (176 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember the Shed 1 location from when we were in Wellington last January. And I saw the exhibition of costumes and props when they toured the US in 2003-2004. Really awesome stuff. They are just amazing, and deserve to be permanently displayed somewhere!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 31 2013, 1:13am

Post #3 of 15 (180 views)
Shortcut
I wonder how Weta feels [In reply to] Can't Post

to be a cog in Morrison's election publicity machine?

As for the museum itself, I imagine that one designed by Weta would be wicked-cool. I hope it includes the bigature of Minas Tirith - it has so much detail in it that you could look closely at it for ages.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 31 2013, 1:43am

Post #4 of 15 (168 views)
Shortcut
It won't influence my vote in the upcoming mayoral election. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't vote for "Mystery" Morrison under any circumstances.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 31 2013, 1:47am

Post #5 of 15 (168 views)
Shortcut
I haven't heard a lot about him as a councillor, [In reply to] Can't Post

but from what little I've read, he seems a divisive person on the council - or at least, a more popular cricket commentator than councillor.

Up here we've got three people challenging the sitting Mayor. The personal attacks haven't started yet but I'm sure they're not far away. I really dislike the pre-election period.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 31 2013, 10:29am

Post #6 of 15 (173 views)
Shortcut
Would be cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved the exhibit (went to see it in Santiago de Compostella in Spain). Could have spend many more hours there. Something permanent would be fun and since a lot of people who are traveling to NZ know about the connection with LOTR/Hobbit, the museum will get enough visitors.

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 31 2013, 9:33pm

Post #7 of 15 (129 views)
Shortcut
Interesting comment on Dompost "News" item. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://wellington.scoop.co.nz/?p=58942#more-58942

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 1 2013, 12:35am

Post #8 of 15 (121 views)
Shortcut
In the spirit of friendship, I offer you [In reply to] Can't Post

this excellent candidate. Michael 'Tubby' Hansen stands for the Mayoralty, Council, and Community Board every year. He has lots of original and exciting ideas!
Here is an example:
He also has lots of helpful hints which citizens can implement to avoid Government produced 'tinglerays' entering their bodies.

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2013, 1:52am

Post #9 of 15 (111 views)
Shortcut
Do they know about tin foil hats in Wellington? [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 1 2013, 3:23am

Post #10 of 15 (113 views)
Shortcut
I'm speechless. [In reply to] Can't Post

And that doesn't happen often.

(To be honest, tinglerays sound like fun!)

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 1 2013, 3:57am

Post #11 of 15 (172 views)
Shortcut
You would be wise [In reply to] Can't Post

to keep your mouth closed, lest the tinglerays enter that way.

That advertisement is but a taste of what Tubby Hansen will unleash when he becomes ruler of Christchurch!

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 1 2013, 3:59am

Post #12 of 15 (106 views)
Shortcut
I certainly hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

But if not, Tubby Hansen is an expert. I'm sure he would provide training for a small fee (and perhaps a jar of Chow Chow thrown in). Cool

(This post was edited by Starling on Sep 1 2013, 4:00am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 1 2013, 4:06am

Post #13 of 15 (100 views)
Shortcut
Great! :D I was wondering when it would happen! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw their exhibit when it toured here in the US... and it was mystical and so emotional. I found myself just standing in front of each display and getting lost in them. To know that all of the displays would be out of storage and have a permanent home. This is a very good thing!

Light the Beacons: TheOneRing.net's Fellowship Fundraiser on eBay!

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 1 2013, 9:40am

Post #14 of 15 (89 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was awe struck when it came to London. A permanent museum in New Zealand might finally convince be to book a trip! Sly

ElendilTheShort
Gondor

Sep 3 2013, 11:43am

Post #15 of 15 (93 views)
Shortcut
I hope we see [In reply to] Can't Post

more hero weapons, being the really flash ones for close ups. The ones on display previously tended to be the stunt ones and some such as Glamdring and Anduril didn't even look as good as the UC replicas I had at the time. I think they had the hero version of Aiglos (or is it Aeglos, I can never rememver how to spell it) and it was huge and very intricate.

Minas Tirith bigature is a must. I remember standing in front of it for ages at Te Papa.

(This post was edited by ElendilTheShort on Sep 3 2013, 11:44am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.