Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
man form

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2013, 9:39pm

Views: 95
Shortcut
man form [In reply to] Can't Post

It is possible that, to our modern society, a historical hair style would look strange to us. Plus, the picture is fuzzy and from the back so it's hard to tell. Remember the interesting sideburn-to-lip beards where the chin itself was bare in the mid-19th century? Such a hairstyle would look rather strange to us now, but it was all the rage back then Wink

I heard some things on here about it looking very "Pictish" like what IIRC is an old Celtic tribe's warrior look, and will have to do my research on the era that Tolkien enjoyed and took inspiration from for his works to see what their various styles were, but if it is indeed homage to that time period and people (and the 80's 'mullet' was just a modern retro version of an age-old style) then I will be impressed that they did their research (for once-again, thinking bear look), even if I don't care for the mullet style and never have-I personally think mullets look stupid.

It is also possible that the actor will have both practical and cgi effects, and, like that fiery orange hyper saturated haired Tauriel picture that was released a month or two ago, what we see in the released photo might not resemble the final character's image when the movie is seen.

Of course, I could just be an optimist Wink I don't think it is possible for every single person to like the look of every single character, but then again if we all agreed, how could we debate Smile

Tauriel (as her hair catches during BO5A)- Ah, now I understand why you keep your beard so short, master Kili!
Kili: Um, because it grows slowly? (glares at her for perceived insult)
Tauriel: Because your arrows don't get tangled in your *^%*(^$%* beard every time you shoot! (more curses as it gets further tangled)
Kili: Um, YEAH! That's it! That's why I keep my beard short! (strides off triumphantly with a huge grin on his face, still shooting arrows as the cursing and tangles continues behind him)

Tauriel keeps fighting the tangles on the battlefield long after Dain takes the throne and Dale is rebuilt. Frodo takes the ring to Morder and once Sauron is defeated she FINALLY gets the last arrow out.

Subject User Time
Introduction of Beorn in DOS DuBekar Send a private message to DuBekar Aug 18 2013, 9:55am
    Won't be like the book LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Aug 18 2013, 11:37am
        No need to do it word-for-word. Macfeast Send a private message to Macfeast Aug 18 2013, 12:03pm
    By the photo and the trailer and some vlog shots Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Aug 18 2013, 12:03pm
    Hope we're introduced to his bees first // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 18 2013, 12:33pm
        perhaps they are running from the bees not from the orcs Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Aug 18 2013, 2:22pm
            Now That's An Idea! Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Aug 18 2013, 3:08pm
            YES!!! Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Aug 18 2013, 3:18pm
            Team effort, High five!! QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 18 2013, 3:52pm
                In a few months or less we will know it! Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Aug 18 2013, 3:53pm
            perfect oppritunity Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Aug 18 2013, 4:56pm
    Given that it's going to come very near the beginning.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Aug 18 2013, 5:56pm
        People complained that you had to watch FotR before watching TTT, maybe that won't be the case with The Hobbit // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Aug 18 2013, 6:04pm
    I think Bilbo and the Dwarves will be saved by a huge bear sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Aug 18 2013, 8:19pm
        Itīs going to be more Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Aug 18 2013, 8:39pm
            Attack at Beorn's house Long Hammer Send a private message to Long Hammer Aug 20 2013, 5:56pm
                whatever it is Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Aug 20 2013, 8:31pm
                    animals on set Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Aug 20 2013, 8:49pm
                        I guess... Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Aug 20 2013, 9:03pm
                            man form Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Aug 20 2013, 9:39pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.