Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS Tie-In Books (Details & Covers)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2013, 11:07am

Post #51 of 55 (235 views)
Mmm...I noticed that too... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the same on Amazon UK, as well, though. Last year we all put it down to the change from 2 to 3 films and having to cut stuff out of the AUJ publications. Not sure why there should be a discrepancy this time... Unsure

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Aug 18 2013, 1:28pm

Post #52 of 55 (218 views)
Info from Brian Sibley re: Collector's ed [In reply to] Can't Post

Brian posted about this years Movie Guide on his blog, so I asked him about the collector's edition. This is the reply:

Just a bit more bling on the dust-jacket I believe, otherwise the same content. The hardback was added because a number of collectors regretted that there wasn't one as there had been for my LOTR books... They will be limited in number, I believe...

As for the page count - I'm confident the UK (HarperCollins) and US (Mariner/HMH) releases will be exactly the same. There's often a page count discrepancy in the publishers info before a book is published - we had this issue last year with the first Chronicles book and all the releases are identical. I don't think there's anything to worry about!

Aug 18 2013, 1:32pm

Post #53 of 55 (203 views)
There and Back again [In reply to] Can't Post

It maybe because the publisher didn't know the page count when these were listed and took a guess. They've been listed on amazon for a long time - before they changed title and author and you actually knew which listing was for which product they all said things similar to 'The Hobbit There and Back Again pb'. I'm confident page count and contents will be the same in all three published books.

See my other post for info on the Collector's edition.

Aug 18 2013, 2:20pm

Post #54 of 55 (195 views)
Fair enough - thanks for that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't worried as such, just curious. (Would have ordered the one that sounded longer, jsut to be on the safe side!)

The Shire

Aug 19 2013, 7:14am

Post #55 of 55 (156 views)
re: Mr. Pace's importance to the American box office [In reply to] Can't Post

Lee Pace is not a star in America by any means, and slapping his face on the cover of movie-tie books would not improve the American box office performance one bit. Seriously, the percentage of Americans who would care that the 'elf king dude' in the Hobbit movie is the American actor Lee Pace is a tiny percentage indeed. Like 1% or less, I'm guessing (fans of his cancelled tv show, maybe, and there weren't a lot of those, sadly).

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.