Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Storm Over Gondolin - New Silmarillion Fan Film

rings7
Rohan

Aug 6 2013, 6:41pm

Post #1 of 11 (387 views)
Shortcut
Storm Over Gondolin - New Silmarillion Fan Film Can't Post

They´re making a film based on the Silmarillion story called Storm Over Gondolin. No problems with Tolkien State here? Any thoughts?

Here´s the site of the movie

http://www.stormovergondolin.com/

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 6 2013, 6:58pm

Post #2 of 11 (237 views)
Shortcut
I read about this the other day [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck to them, though I won't be watching-the only Silmarillion adapation I want to see is the one in my own head (and I don't speak french anyway), and the Only narrative I want to see set in Gondolin is one edited togther from Tolkien's own notes and drafts *Hint, Christopher*

As far as I understand as long as the fan films are only inspired by events in the books, and not infringing copyright, or shown/used commerially then the Tolkien Estate tolerates them, but they obviously don't take an active interest or encourage such productions (And they don't owe them $150 million in gross profits, which helps).

The Talking Purse is Awesome, deal with it.

But he isn't quite as aweome as Cirdan.

Nira
Lorien

Aug 6 2013, 10:36pm

Post #3 of 11 (197 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing! I love these quality, well-made fan films. I hope they have fun making it. Smile

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Patty
Immortal

Aug 7 2013, 2:48am

Post #4 of 11 (172 views)
Shortcut
Same here. I can't wait. [In reply to] Can't Post

The fall of Gondolin is one of my favorite of the Silmarillion stories.

Permanent address: Into the West

Ardamírë
Valinor

Aug 7 2013, 2:51am

Post #5 of 11 (199 views)
Shortcut
Weeeee!! Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, this is fantastic! The Fall of Gondolin is also one of my favorites. This is amazing news! I can't wait until it's finished. I'll be waiting eagerly for it!

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

Patty
Immortal

Aug 7 2013, 6:22pm

Post #6 of 11 (172 views)
Shortcut
I just hope we eventually get to see it, unlike another fan film… [In reply to] Can't Post

That was being made by man whose name I can't remember right now. I'm thinking it was just called Hope. I think it did get made, or at least partially made. But it's never been on the Internet.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Aug 7 2013, 9:59pm

Post #7 of 11 (137 views)
Shortcut
I definitely hope that does not happen! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

Eriol Gurner
The Shire

Aug 13 2013, 2:19pm

Post #8 of 11 (105 views)
Shortcut
That other fan film [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't kept up to speed on fan activity, I admit, but...are you sure you're not thinking of "Born of Hope"? That got made - and it divided opinion (personally I was v. disappointed with the script)

But I'm really looking forward to Storm Over Gondolin - having just re-read TBOLT I have no trouble remembering how there's so much human (or should that be elven) drama in this, lending added tension and tragedy to the battle action...done properly, drawing in all the best bits of the Unfinished Tale and the Lost Tale, this film could be a severely affecting epic (in the way that a dose of ayahusca is "affecting"!)

Nai eleni silvar antalyanna!

Patty
Immortal

Aug 13 2013, 8:15pm

Post #9 of 11 (105 views)
Shortcut
No. I wasn't referring to Born of Hope, a film which I very much enjoyed. I was referring to… [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope, which was a fan film that was supposed to have been made that a young man named Ben Mudge was making. The trailer for this fanfilm was on YouTube, but I don't remember hearing that it ever got finished.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuqrDONEDV8

haarp
Rivendell

Dec 8 2013, 4:49pm

Post #10 of 11 (32 views)
Shortcut
6 [In reply to] Can't Post

Too late, the Tolkien estate have destroyed more dreams:

Dear fans,
We come to you today with some sad news. The Tolkien Estate, the legal body which manages the rights to Tolkien’s works, has asked us to immediately cease working on the movie Storm over Gondolin. Like you, we are extremely disappointed to have to stop the production of a movie inspired by Tolkien’s legendarium. However, the entire team is staying on board and we are more excited than ever by the opportunity to create a new world inspired by the ancient mythologies. Much of our work still stands, and we are therefore announcing the production of a new fantasy film where you will find elves and orcs in an original universe. Thank you for your support and your fidelity ; a new step in our journey is beginning, and it is for you that we are taking it!

https://www.facebook.com/...olin/475172875883950

rings7
Rohan

Dec 9 2013, 3:03am

Post #11 of 11 (34 views)
Shortcut
:-( [In reply to] Can't Post

That's indeed sad. I don't get it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.