Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
avari vs teleri

Cirashala
Gondor

Aug 9 2013, 10:11pm

Views: 147
Shortcut
avari vs teleri [In reply to] Can't Post

I have read the Sil, and I was always under the impression that the Avari didn't leave Cuvienen area at all because they were too distrustful of the Valar, and the Silvan elves of Mirkwood and the Anduin vale were descended from those of the Teleri who were too frightened to cross the Misty Mountains.

I know it is a very simple analysis, but that is always what I have thought. Perhaps Melkor eventually killed off the Avari of Cuvienen as the Valar feared (or morphed into orcs, if those rumors of the origins of orcs are to be believed)

Tauriel (as her hair catches during BO5A)- Ah, now I understand why you keep your beard so short, master Kili!
Kili: Um, because it grows slowly? (glares at her for perceived insult)
Tauriel: Because your arrows don't get tangled in your *^%*(^$%* beard every time you shoot! (more curses as it gets further tangled)
Kili: Um, YEAH! That's it! That's why I keep my beard short! (strides off triumphantly with a huge grin on his face, still shooting arrows as the cursing and tangles continues behind him)

Tauriel keeps fighting the tangles on the battlefield long after Dain takes the throne and Dale is rebuilt. Frodo takes the ring to Morder and once Sauron is defeated she FINALLY gets the last arrow out.

Subject User Time
Speculation: What are the Avari like? thatlldo Send a private message to thatlldo Aug 6 2013, 6:01am
    I always thought of them..... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 6 2013, 1:42pm
    Tribal Elves Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Aug 6 2013, 5:45pm
        Tatyarin Avari Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 7 2013, 3:56pm
            It would seem strange CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Aug 7 2013, 6:11pm
                trying to locate the Refusers Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Aug 8 2013, 4:54pm
    Did the Avari affect the Chinese civilization? Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Aug 7 2013, 1:49pm
    avari vs teleri Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Aug 9 2013, 10:11pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.