Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Questions concerning the extended edition....

flameofudun
Lorien

Aug 2 2013, 6:10pm

Post #1 of 9 (1727 views)
Shortcut
Questions concerning the extended edition.... Can't Post

Well I am going to buy the extended edition of AUJ for blu-ray (NOT blu-ray 3d), and would like to know if I will still get 9 hours of bonus features as well as the EE of AUJ, also, what addition has the statue, and what is the price? Does it come with the DVD edition, blu-ray, or blu-ray 3d or all 3? One final question... Based on a link posted in the comments section about the confirmed packaging of the EEs, we know that the frontal pictures will be removable.... Thus the packages will look like the original lotr EEs, which is awesome. Will I be able to get those in any one also, or just a specific type or edition?

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

DjU
Lorien

Aug 2 2013, 6:26pm

Post #2 of 9 (740 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

A) Yes you get the same bonus features across all three differing formats. Not sure why you think that you wouldn't ?

B) None of the gift sets have been 'Officially' announced yet - that's not to say they aren't true, just that nothing official has come from WB yet. So the price and which format has not been confirmed yet. (Edit: The German press release did mention it, but it hasn't been mention by anyone else)

C) I think what you've read in the comments section about the packaging is not true, there is nothing to suggest the image is removable. The pictures the person used to compare are two different sets from different regions, so could be completely difference products.

(This post was edited by DjU on Aug 2 2013, 6:28pm)

flameofudun
Lorien

Aug 2 2013, 6:49pm

Post #3 of 9 (787 views)
Shortcut
This one here... Looks official [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/?attachment_id=76283

-Gimli

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 2 2013, 9:26pm

Post #4 of 9 (563 views)
Shortcut
List price [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if amazon does not show it, the list price for the US giftset is $74.98.

The giftset will be only the 3D+2D BluRay version, meaning it has 5 discs.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

(This post was edited by TheHutt on Aug 2 2013, 9:27pm)

burgahobbit
Rohan

Aug 3 2013, 1:28pm

Post #5 of 9 (359 views)
Shortcut
I missed that [In reply to] Can't Post

Could someone show me the link? Thanks!

"I don't mean to be blunt but I felt I had to speak my mind, I'm sorry." - Bilbo Baggins.
"Apology accepted." - Balin.

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 3 2013, 1:41pm

Post #6 of 9 (356 views)
Shortcut
Here: [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Could someone show me the link? Thanks!

Here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=631833#631833

burgahobbit
Rohan

Aug 3 2013, 5:20pm

Post #7 of 9 (284 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

For responding to my post. But sorry, I should have quoted the line from the op that revealed what I was looking for. I actually meant the link that shows that the pictures might come off of the packaging. Blush

"I don't mean to be blunt but I felt I had to speak my mind, I'm sorry." - Bilbo Baggins.
"Apology accepted." - Balin.

flameofudun
Lorien

Aug 3 2013, 9:36pm

Post #8 of 9 (227 views)
Shortcut
But why does [In reply to] Can't Post

The DVD copy get 5 discs and the bluray 3d copy get 5 discs, but the bluray only get 3?

-Gimli

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 3 2013, 10:17pm

Post #9 of 9 (227 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

The BluRay has more storage capacity, so they will probably split the film on 2 discs and the extras on 3 discs for the dvd.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.