Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Digging through the archives: "FOTR Extended DVD Review!"

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 1:08am

Post #1 of 21 (669 views)
Shortcut
Digging through the archives: "FOTR Extended DVD Review!" Can't Post

Since it's almost impossible to get excited on The Hobbit board with the news of the extended edition of AUJ (Angelic), I was digging through TORn archives for news around the time the FOTR extended edition was released (the news I link to is the DVD Review).

Does anyone have any (fond?) memories of this time, and remember what it was like to receive it in the post? What was your reaction to the new scenes, and which was your favourite (and least favourite) scenes? Can anyone remember any specific rumours at the time, including which new scenes may or may not be included? I imagine Tom Bombadil was a hot debate at the time, just like the Talking Purse is today. The same goes for all the extra documentaries and cast interviews - what was it like getting your hands on them?

I remember like it was yesterday the day of the DVD being released. My sister and I were sat by the front door waiting for the postman to arrive. He was later than usual, which got us rather frustrated. When it did arrive, I remember playing it and falling in love with the additional footage. The Gift Giving scene in Lothlorien has, and will always be, one of my favourite scenes in the entire trilogy. My EE copies are rather bruised and battered after all these years of them being played.

I'm sure I will get the exact same excitement this time round.

Smile

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 2:03am

Post #2 of 21 (401 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Some loved it, others hated it, and those who had high hopes that the EE would fix everything wrong with the TE had their hopes brutally shattered. I remember the two greatest disappointments most had were the absence of a bloopers reel and the absence of the death of Gil-Galad.

Personally I loved all the commentaries and bonus features, and loved the Gift-Giving scene and the Passing of the Elves. Some groused about the extended Amon Hen battle scene, including the additional arrow shots by Legolas. A surprizing number hated the Farewell to Rivendell scene, especially the "Mordor, Gandalf, left or right?"

The one thing I really hated about the EE was that they cut some of my favorite music from when the hobbit kids come running when Gandalf enters Hobbiton. (Yes, if you really start comparing them, the EE actually cut some stuff from the TE!!)

Over the years I've tended to watch the TE instead of the EE because it seems to me a better film.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Aug 2 2013, 2:08am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 2 2013, 2:10am

Post #3 of 21 (365 views)
Shortcut
Wow! This is great Daniel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for finding this! And it nice to have a happy place isn't it? Wink

This bit in the FOTR review caught my eye:

"It is PJ saying to us: 'Hey look here guys, I know you love these books so I made this cut for you!' It is not a dvd that someone should buy who has no 'emotional string' with LOTR, it is a collectors item. Something that all fans will appreciate."

That's how I think of this latest release as well. And I think the same amount of care in telling a more emotional tale - which is I think what we will see in these extra scenes - will go into this as much as it went into FOTR. No matter the rush, the glitches, the production pressures, (which they had then too) SPJ and Co. are still themselves, and I feel still care about the fans, just like they did then.

I remember when I got my EE Box - it was supposed to be a Christmas gift but Spouse took pity on me and gave it to me early (as he did the next two years as well). Spent the next few days watching it, joyfully soaking in all the new scenes and the extras. In the first year I did listen to all four commentaries in order (top to bottom that is), but have listened to the Cast one more than the rest perhaps. Those rascally Hobbits are just so much fun to listen to!

I do remember the Bombadil rumors; and I think some folks were *still* waiting to have Glorfindel appear, in place of Arwen (some discussions died hard I believe.) I will be honest, by the time the EE came out I was merely lurking on the Boards for the most part. My happiness over FOTR, in some ways and in ways that wounded, was not too well received back then. It became too close to my heart to get too involved, so instead I enjoyed it immensely quite on my own!

The Gift Giving scene was soooo beautifully done...and dividing it between a visual tale and then Gimli's description was perfect. That sensibility of the on-the-fly decisions that got made that show the care for the material and for the quality of the film. A favorite? I love Sam and Frodo in the woods...Frodo saying "me neither Sam.." with that smile. A defining moment in showing the inner Sam and the inner Frodo in that moment.

Can't wait for my AUJ EE!

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 3:37am

Post #4 of 21 (349 views)
Shortcut
My memories are sharp in some respects... fuzzy in others [In reply to] Can't Post

One: I bought a DVD player specifically to watch FOTR on DVD.

Two: I researched DVD players and bought one that was supposed to be good at playing things in slo-mo since I really wanted to watch Legolas do his stuff in slo-mo.

Three: I did not but the FOTR TE release because I knew the EE was coming and I wanted to buy that. I rented it from the neighborhood movie rental store. They said I didn't return it even though I had very, very clear memory of putting Frodo back in the case and driving him to the store. In the end, they forgave the loss and didn't charge me but I never went back to the store again.

Four: When I watched the EE, my first reaction was unsettling. I had seen the TE 9 times in the theaters and another time or two with the rental DVD and the EE didn't feel right. I decided I did want the TE version and bought it later when I found it marked down in a small town book store. I have very fond memories of the TE versions as those are the ones I sat in the theater for.

Five: I used to come home from work about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I worked with K-2 kids who were very challenging and I'd be exhausted when I got home. I'd stick on the EE and nap to the commentaries. I found the droning voices very soothing.

Six: I stood in line to buy one of the CDs at midnight at Best Buy. I can't remember which one, though. I'm pretty sure it was TTT but I'm not sure if it was the TE or EE.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Aug 2 2013, 3:46am

Post #5 of 21 (355 views)
Shortcut
Nice Thread Idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it. I will read with interest to see whether the FOTR EE actually deserves my memory of being better than what's coming with the AUJ EE, or if reactions ran about the same. But maybe for different aspects. I can't think of any complaints. I like all the extras, there were plenty of them, and I got the Collector's Edition with the figurine.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 2 2013, 4:42am

Post #6 of 21 (357 views)
Shortcut
I remember being blown away [In reply to] Can't Post

by the sheer awesomeness of the EE package: The large number of extras, how open the crew were about the creation of these films, the frankness of the actors and the *detail* that everyone went into - as well as how beautifully designed it all was. This was the most indepth look I had ever seen of what it takes to make a movie, and I realised I'd had no idea just what an enormous undertaking it really is.

I also remember getting quite sweary when I realised my movie discs were faulty! "We seem to be taking the long way round! We should go through the mines of Moria..." (image seized). The entire extra scene of the 'lembas commercial' ("One bite is enough to fill a grown man!") was jumped over. I had to convince the retail outlet that I really hadn't damaged the discs myself and could I please please please have ones that worked? *lip wobble*

The LOTR DD DVD sets did make me expect great things from DVD movies, and since LOTR I haven't come across any that have come near to the grand openness and sheer detail of what we got with LOTR. (So I'm really pleased to see the long list of appendices that are planned for AUJ's EE.)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Aug 2 2013, 5:53am

Post #7 of 21 (341 views)
Shortcut
What fun to reminisce! [In reply to] Can't Post

I confess that I only saw FOTR once in the theatre and it was TT that won me over. It was then I found TORN and was blown away by all the great people here.
Then I started reading about the EE of FOTR. Hmmm... I didn't have a DVD player but managed to find an "EE" version on VHS. Sadly, it didn't have the same content as the DVD set so one night my daughter and I wandered into Best Buy. I was always window shopping for things so she was shocked when I told her to get a shopping cart. FOTR EE and DVD player came home with us that night.

It was every bit as good as you wonderful folks said it would be. We made it through the film, all the commentaries and then all the appendices within a week.

So I blame Tongue TORN and PJ for making me get a DVD player.

I also blame you both for my flat screen and Blu Ray player. I draw the line at 3D.....So far.Evil

Wonderful memories. Thank you!

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 7:52am

Post #8 of 21 (323 views)
Shortcut
Ha! Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I also blame you both for my flat screen and Blu Ray player. I draw the line at 3D.....So far.Evil

The only reason we own a blu-ray player was for the LOTR blu-ray release. I almost definitely wouldn't have bothered getting one if neither film trilogy had been made. Blu-ray DVD prices for other films can be substantially more than their normal counterpart, and we've only got one or two other blu-ray DVDs. Yup, we're suckers. Wink

Admittedly, I haven't watched the Appendices in a while. Maybe that can be my weekend activity.

Watching trailers and TV adverts is another great way to reminisce.

Smile

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 8:00am

Post #9 of 21 (359 views)
Shortcut
Extended editions don't seem to convert people. [In reply to] Can't Post

If one already likes/loves the film, an EE of that film will reaffirm that. If one already dislikes/hates the film, the EE will reaffirm that as well. An extended edition will rarely be a quick fix.

There are a heap of scenes I wish that had been included, including the death of Gil-Galad. If Peter Jackson and co. ever decide to make a super special extended edition, I don't think it will necessarily make the films categorically "better", but it would please a considerable portion of people. I remember being gutted that they didn't include the (unfinished) epilogue in the ROTK extended edition. It's knowing that scenes have been filmed, but not being able to see them, which makes it worse.

Smile

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Aug 2 2013, 4:44pm

Post #10 of 21 (317 views)
Shortcut
I also wanted the death of Gil-galad... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and then on second thoughts realized that they probably *weren't* going to show an Elf-king get burned alive by Sauron. Yikes. Still wish it was in there, though. I'm weird that way.

I never watch the TE's nowadays. Always the EE's. I distinctly recall jumping up and down when I got the EE's for graduation.

And if we end up getting a Blu-Ray, I will most assuredly blame PJ and TORn!!! Tongue

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 5:42pm

Post #11 of 21 (321 views)
Shortcut
The problem is... [In reply to] Can't Post

...without the scene of Sauron reaching out to grab Gil-galad and burn hm to death, when Sauron starts to do the same with Isildur it looks like he's being realy stupid and leaving himself wide open for that fatal finger-licking swipe by Narsil.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 5:50pm

Post #12 of 21 (324 views)
Shortcut
Exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

The EE is going to be "more of the same".

As for LOTR, the vast majority of the unseen footage is mainly additional takes of the same scene (Jackson usually shot a scene three times), the same take of a scene being filmed from several angles. (The Council of Elrond scene was filmed by at least five cameras), lots and lots of second unit footage of flowers falling, horses running (There were HOURS shot of the Wraiths chasing Arwen.), the Three Hunters running, extras fighting in the battle of Helm‘s Deep and the Pelennor (Jackson cut a LOT of battle footage. He said he discovered too much of anonymous soldiers fighting was boring and so he mainly used the shots of the main characters and only put in what he felt was the minimum amount of fighting footage necessary.), and finally scenes that just didn't work (such as say, the confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King.) So it's not like there's a whole lot left that we'd be interested in.

However, before the TTT-EE came out a list of unseen scenes surfaced. A lot of the scenes mentioned in the list later showed up on the TTT and ROTK EEs, such as The Sons of the Steward and Deagol and Smeagol fishing so it’s been accurate so far. Here is a list of some scenes that are supposedly still unseen.

Additional scenes of the forging of the ring, including Sauron cutting his hand and mixing his own blood into the molten metal.
Additional scenes of Gil-Galad, including his death scene where Sauron stoops down, picks him up, and incinerates Gil-Galad alive. (Apparently Sauron is very hot.) Note this explains why Sauron is reaching for Isildur, seemingly carelessly exposing his fingers and ring to being chopped off: He was going to incinerate Isildur too. This scene may have been excised to avoid a R rating.
Frodo in various poses for his first appearance, including reading a book in various locations. Jackson said it took a long time for him to figure out how best to introduce Frodo. He said the one finally used in the film was one of the last scenes filmed.
In a nod to be politically correct, the scenes of Gandalf entering the Shire had him eating toffees instead of smoking. McKellen hated the concept and it was abandoned.
At the party, more scenes of Gandalf entertaining the children.
Lots more shots of Sam and Rosie dancing and Sam becoming more and more enthralled,
Various versions of Gandalf discovering Sam.
Some shots of Aragorn, the hobbits, and Bill in the streets of Bree in daylight.
Shots of the Hobbits tiredly lugging supplies up to their perch in Amun Sul, including Sam carrying a wooden keg.
Shots of Arwen and Aragorn together in the past, including their first meeting.
Bilbo discussing the departure of Rivendell with Elrond and Arwen. (I have no idea what that means.)
Shots of Frodo and Sam under a gazebo in Rivendell, looking at a brass skeleton of a globe. Frodo looks up and sees Aragorn and Arwen on a balcony. Frodo and Arwen share a long glance.
A council of Elves debating whether or not an alliance with Men is feasible. (They decide not.) In the same council Legolas rises to scold his fellow Elves for not staying and assisting the race of Men with their fight against Sauron.
A scene with Elrond, Gandalf, and Bilbo eating lunch in Elrond’s library where Bilbo volunteers to take the ring. (The remains of the meal can be seen in the background when Elrond gives his “Men are weak” rant. Additionally, the blurry figure sometimes seen way in the background when Elrond is speaking is Bilbo.)
Shots of the changing phases of the moon in an attempt to show the passage of time. Didn’t work and some of the scenes were inserted into the film willy-nilly so the phases in the films make absolutely no sense.
Additional shots of Boromir comforting Gimli in the Chamber of Mazarbul.
Fragments of a never finished scene of Moria Orcs chasing the Fellowship into Lothlorien, and the Lothlorien Elves coming to the rescue.
Further shots of Merry and Pippin being guarded by the Uruk-hai at night making it clearer that the chase was three nights.
Scenes with the Rohirrim speaking in Irish accents. This concept was abandoned and the scenes were reshot.
Fragments of a subplot where Theodred doesn’t die of his wounds but of poisoning by Grima. The concept was abandoned and the scenes never finished.
A scene where Saruman monologues that he will soon become “more powerful than the Lord of the Rings himself”.
Shots of Elrond and Arwen leading a band of Rivendell Elves into Lothlorien followed by a conference between Elrond, Arwen, Celeborn, and Galadriel. The concept was a part of the XenArwen storyline which was later abandoned.
Arwen leading the Rivendell Elves to Helm’s Deep.
Arwen fighting at Helm’s Deep.
Ents fighting at Helm's Deep.
Fragments of a scene where the Uruk-hai invade the caves in Helm's Deep while Eowyn is delivering a baby, including Eowyn waiting behind a stalagmite to ambush an Uruk-hai. The scene was never finished.
Sam discussing the changes happening to Frodo with Gollum while the Ringbearer is asleep.
Gimli exploring the caves under Helm's Deep with Legolas
Aragorn conversing with someone at night while lying down in a Rohirrim camp.
Sam summoning up courage to go past the Watchers. After over 30 takes Jackson said they couldn’t make the scene work and so they scrapped it.
Three takes of the wedding of Eowyn and Faramir. Jackson took two. Walsh and Boyens were unsatisfied with the scene, especially with the kiss, and Jackson let them jointly direct a third scene, which they said was perfect.
The marriage of Aragorn and Arwen. Boyens was especially sad because she says Arwen's gown was absolutely gorgeous.
The huge pumpkin at The Green Dragon being accidentally dropped.

Finally, other actors, especially Sean Astin, have said some of their best scenes were cut.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2013, 7:25pm

Post #13 of 21 (292 views)
Shortcut
I have always preferred the EE editions and really looked forward to [In reply to] Can't Post

every extra minute spent in Middle Earth.

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2013, 7:26pm

Post #14 of 21 (297 views)
Shortcut
I would love to see all of them...or at least having the option upon [In reply to] Can't Post

viewing. Maybe the super duper delux special magnum edition of all of the movies will have such material.

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 2 2013, 8:00pm

Post #15 of 21 (285 views)
Shortcut
Had no idea it was that extensive [In reply to] Can't Post

I always missed the shot of Eowyn waiting to take that Uruk out, since it made trailers (I think.)

I know the Grima poisoning subplot actually generated a creepy still, I remember seeing it, of him with a nasty looking poison-pot filled with quills. (Cool pic but OK to lose.)

Would love to see the two Weddings. I know Viggo helped Sean with his kiss bit, too bad he couldn't help David and Miranda. Crazy

That bit with Sam walking past the Watchers does always seem like its 'missing' something.

Had never read about the incineration bit. That would explain that very purposeful hand position, and as you say explain offering the hand at all.

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Soundchaser
The Shire

Aug 2 2013, 8:06pm

Post #16 of 21 (276 views)
Shortcut
I didn't see any [In reply to] Can't Post

of the movies in the theater (yeah, I know). Anyway, I bought the TE of FOTR on VHS as soon as it came out and was blown away. Then I bought a DVD player, and got FOTR EE on DVD for Christmas--I was ecstatic, and after watching the film and all the extras, I was happy happy happy. The exact same thing happened with TTT and ROTK--bought TE on VHS, got the EE DVD's for Christmas. I gave away my VHS tapes a long time ago, and just recently gave the DVD's to my sister, as I just got the blu ray version (having received a blu ray player last Christmas).
It was LOTR that made me buy a DVD player, and partially inspired me (together with my general love of movies and football games) to upgrade from a 32" tube TV to a 55" LCD Shocked. The EE's are all I watch now, and when AUJ EE comes out, I will watch that exclusively as well. And I will be happy happy happy. Smile

I'm chasing sound. Has anyone seen any?

(This post was edited by Soundchaser on Aug 2 2013, 8:09pm)

Elwen
Lorien

Aug 2 2013, 8:25pm

Post #17 of 21 (279 views)
Shortcut
ITA on the gift-giving scene [In reply to] Can't Post

That was something I missed so much in the TE and I was totally thrilled to see it.

But let me back up to your original question...I got home from work to find it waiting on the porch. Mr Elwen and I had a quick dinner, then settled down in our tiny first apartment's living room. I remember closing the curtains because it was still so bright outside and I wanted to watch in the dark. (Something Mr. Elwen doesn't like except in theaters, but he put up with in this case because he knew how excited I was.)

It's times like this I wish we could see the old boards. I'd love to see our initial responses/reviews.

Before kids, exercising with LOTR meant listening to the soundtrack while I ran.

After kids, exercising with LOTR means having an all out dance party with the little ones to the "Break the Dam Release the River" disco mix form the Lego game.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Aug 2 2013, 8:45pm

Post #18 of 21 (284 views)
Shortcut
You're right. [In reply to] Can't Post

Book-readers might make the connection, but movie-only people would certainly think, "Why on Middle-earth is he doing that??? Does he really *want* his finger cut off?"

I'm seriously impressed that Isildur managed to recover his wits from watching his father die and then the Elf-king incinerated alive enough to pick up a broken sword and slash at Sauron. Granted, it was a one-in-a-million shot... which automatically means it will work, at least as far as stuff works in movies. Tongue

What I would like to know is how, if Isildur (movie-wise) seems to cut off more than one of Sauron's fingers, why only the loss of one 'stuck', so to speak? Of course, I know, that's mixing book and movie canon and I will get only headaches for trying to figure it out... Silly me... Crazy

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 5 2013, 10:34pm

Post #19 of 21 (189 views)
Shortcut
"Yeah, I know" :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

lol ... me too. I didn't see any of them in the theaters either, when they were first released.

In fact I did not see them at all until several years after ROTK was released. Then I watched them on DVD at home for a few years.

I finally did get a chance to see them in the theater when they had that special re-release of the trilogy a year or so ago. It was a great experience to see and hear them on a big screen in a large theater, with other fans.

I'm still trailing you in the happy happy happy department though :-), because I have yet to get a Blu-ray. Maybe this Christmas :-)!

Soundchaser
The Shire

Aug 5 2013, 11:15pm

Post #20 of 21 (186 views)
Shortcut
Amazon.com [In reply to] Can't Post

had them "on sale". The boxed set for $49.99 (free shipping), so I went for it. Supposedly I saved $70.

I'm chasing sound. Has anyone seen any?

Leebert

Aug 15 2013, 9:06am

Post #21 of 21 (199 views)
Shortcut
Love 'em! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember getting TFOTR EE on DVD from ebay a few years back in the Special Collectors Edition with the Argonath bookends! Was so excited! I remember loving the Extended Editions especially watching the Appendices. I found them fascinating and even now I still pop it on to watch randomly. That's the thing I'm looking forward to most about the AUJ EE.

Annoyingly, my cat wasn't too big a fan of the Argonath as she knocked them off the shelf so they are now missing hands!! Crazy

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.