Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
well and those things

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2013, 9:16pm

Views: 57
Shortcut
well and those things [In reply to] Can't Post

books, green hills and our imaginations do more good to an individuals upbringing than all those video games and super tech they all so desperately crave and immerse their pimply noses in these days,.in my mind at least.

Old school, all the way. Wink

But i had the cinema, at a time when films were still by large good and interesting for many people. Didnt you have a cinema nearby when you were a kid?

Jacksons rationale seems to be that those kids are the priority audience to get back in the theatres, because of the dwindling numbers of people who go to the cinema these days...i think its the opposite actually...the older, mature audiences have been neglected in favour of teenaged popcorn.

Agreed , my typos have been verry fortuitous! Wink

That tv series, house of cards was shot with the red...and after just a few seconds of the intro, i thought, ok this is Red! Has to be...checked online and sure it was!

Agreed, the over saturation is seriously msiplaced and over the top, imo. Compare the shot of bilbo hooping his cute little hobbit jacksy over the wooden fence with the contract in his hand from the teaser and the screenshot from the finished film. Major difference.

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Aug 2 2013, 9:19pm)

Subject User Time
I got some 411 today on the next 2 Hobbit films mikeybobaggins Send a private message to mikeybobaggins Jul 29 2013, 12:04am
    Ancient Times Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 29 2013, 12:13am
    Well, the book had a lighter tone, too. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 29 2013, 12:27am
    With the exception of some offenses of cannonical misrepresentation and missed opportunities, I loved each for what they were. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 29 2013, 2:20am
        I've said it before Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 29 2013, 2:56am
    Music? Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jul 29 2013, 8:04am
        Not sure he's lying. Maybe his friend is a little AshNazg Send a private message to AshNazg Jul 29 2013, 11:12am
        Age of Dragons burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Jul 30 2013, 5:19pm
            Good catch dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Jul 30 2013, 8:45pm
                It's not from the soundtrack Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jul 30 2013, 8:51pm
                    It *is* from the soundtrack burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Jul 31 2013, 12:16am
                        If i remember right Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jul 31 2013, 11:02am
                        It won't be in the soundtrack Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jul 31 2013, 11:25am
                            Okay I guess you're probably right burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Aug 2 2013, 4:53pm
    i feel you OP triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Jul 29 2013, 12:46pm
    Not sure nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Jul 29 2013, 4:16pm
    I don't think the visual aesthetic of these films was chosen to suit the lighter tone at all... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jul 29 2013, 4:47pm
        We know from the vlogs that technology was a big consideration. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jul 29 2013, 4:53pm
            I dont follow Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jul 29 2013, 8:16pm
                Just because you can, doesn't mean you should angelclaw Send a private message to angelclaw Jul 30 2013, 3:02am
                    i agree angelclaw triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Jul 30 2013, 8:14am
                    I'm going to disagree with you to agree with you. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jul 30 2013, 1:22pm
                    Cut scene in a video game indeed, and or Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jul 31 2013, 3:42pm
                        "Radaghast" angelclaw Send a private message to angelclaw Aug 2 2013, 3:01am
                            well and those things Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 2 2013, 9:16pm
    I would also like to add... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jul 30 2013, 10:21am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.