Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Peter jackson music update everthing going be new score music
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 27 2013, 11:31pm

Post #26 of 31 (158 views)
Shortcut
...and in turn I've ruined the warg scene! Sorry about that! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a minor detail, really Wink

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 2:39pm

Post #27 of 31 (121 views)
Shortcut
Ah well..... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can't win 'em all! Tongue

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 28 2013, 6:22pm

Post #28 of 31 (101 views)
Shortcut
Wow!! Just listened to the Special Edition [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm amazed and slightly confused. What are the last few tracks? "Dreaming of Bag End" to "The Edge of the Wild" ?Are these going to be featured in DoS or the Extended Edition?

And why are some of the themes so different? Radagast's for example, is so much better than the movie version.

And I love Erebor's Bag-pipe theme!

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jul 28 2013, 6:23pm)

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 28 2013, 7:03pm

Post #29 of 31 (92 views)
Shortcut
I told you... [In reply to] Can't Post

Lord knows why so many great themes were waylaid - Radagast material, the full Baggins-Took theme as heard in 'Axe or Sword?'. This is why I speculated that Shore coped with the links to LOTR music better than Jackson did. Shore only appears to have employed existing LOTR material where relevant and more sparsely. Jackson seems more hesitant to have employed all of the new themes Shore created. This will obviously change for DoS, but what will Shore do now with the Radagast music for example? He'll probably continue along the lines of what we heard in the film, which is a great shame. That is, unless great changes are afoot for the EE, but I think that's unlikely.

As for the bonus tracks, most seem to be concert suite arrangements, though the first minute or so of 'Edge of the Wild' is almost certainly an alternate for the 'Over Hill' sequence. Note also how the theme is played briefly at the end of 'The World is Ahead', suggesting it was meant to work in tandem with the 'Misty Mountains' company theme. The rest of the track scoring Gandalf's visit to the High Fells.

The end of the Dwarf Lords we hear in 'An Unexpected Party', so it may be that this ends up being the music for the Dwarves of the Iron Hills. Some of the music in 'Erebor' we hear during the soundtrack ('The World is Ahead'), so the exact status of that is unknown at the minute. I love the bagpipes too and hope they will be featured in the film, possibly for the Iron Hills dwarf (given Billy Connolly).

'Dreaming of Bag End' was heard in the film near the end of the credits, as was intended. 'A Very Respectable Hobbit' presents the various themes relating to Bilbo. That of all seems like a concert suite.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Jul 28 2013, 7:05pm)

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2013, 7:41pm

Post #30 of 31 (84 views)
Shortcut
My Sentiments exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

I was amazed by the soundtrack and then the film came out and mainly rehashed the music from LOTR. Such a let down. Hopefully DOS will have a better score in the actual film, and not just on the soundtrack.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2013, 11:36pm

Post #31 of 31 (77 views)
Shortcut
The music [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought both the OST on disc and the movie were awesome. I am glad that we're getting even more new stuff in film two and be able to add another to my collection of Middle-earth music. I want to when I read the books to have themes for these new places playing in my head to make for a more enjoyable book reading experience that film one gave me for those parts.

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jul 29 2013, 11:44pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.